Sign in to follow this  
edc

How long have you had ofp?

How long have you owned any versions of Operation Flashpoint?

You missed out August 2001, so now I can't vote... I'll vote on June then.

Well, I mean, for the first post that you'd vote their if you bought OFP in June, July, or August.

Should've been June 01 - August 31 then.

Oh, I see what you mean. The 01 is supposed to be the year instead of the day of the month.

Oh okay. Sorry. I voted correctly then. smile.gif

Well i dont know what option i need to choose ( stupid me tounge.gif ) but i buyed my firts OFP CWC copy in December the 29 or something dont rember but it was X-mas 2001 and i buyed Res 2/3 weeks after the release because thos stupid codemaster wherent fast with the shipping to the netherlands so i complainend evry when i was going to the shop X ( srry i am not telling the nam tounge.gif ) and they not have Res i going to get mad and the last time i was there and giving up the hope they where saying hey dennis your Game is here can you buy it now? and i sad: Um i dont have money now :@ argh so they capt it for a half week and then i was able to buy it tounge.gif

Long story is it?

Inported from Eu June.

I have ofp since the day it was released and i have resistance since the day it was released and i am still enjoying it smile.gif

Yeh, my brother bought operation flashpoint for me the day it came out. But then he only actually came back from university with it that night at about midnight. It was a friday. And I had a duke of edinburgh award expedition the next day sad.gif So I had the game, but I had to wait a whole weekend before I could even play it!!!!!

ive had it since late augst i think or early september, anyway its my most played game ever playin it continously with only small breaks. those 120 euro was well spent money biggrin.gif

I think I've had it since November of '01. I didn't register for these forums until I bought my new computer (mid to late febuary).. so I was stuck on a 500mhz machine... it was terrible!

I had it since day one, the best Å30 I ever spent smile.gif

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 30 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have ofp since the day it was released and i have resistance since the day it was released and i am still enjoying it  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah Same Here,

I Still love playing both,i love them so much that i bought 3 of each just to play at home on My Dad's 3 Computer LAN

Im not sure how long I have had it, but it was sometime between January and April of 2002.

I couldnt have got it earlier because the stores around here didn't carry it for some time.

I got OFP in July '01, and Res the day it came out. Still lovin' them. Best game in my collection, no question.

OFP has been on my harddrive since the day the first demo came out, back in March 2001 biggrin.gif

And it will problaly never leave.

I got OFP in November 2001.  I was going to put it on my Christmas list, but I had a $25 gift card to Best Buy, and I had visited the website and it looked neat, so I decided to get it.  Best $15(+$25 gift card) I've ever spent, though the computer I had then only had 64megs of ram so I couldn't play it much until I got stick of ram in Jan.  I got Resistance the 1st day it was available where I live, I believe it was July 11th.

I got the demo in july I believe and I got the game ass soon as it came out in North America in september. Loved it since. Red hammer as soon as it came out, Resistance as soon as it came out. I never started posting on this forum untill www.flashpoint1985.co.uk went under.

I remember buying mine early last school year, not sure if it was first or second semester though. I remember not knowing a thing about it though, just picking the box up while perusing a game store, and thinking "wow, this has a lot of stuff I like, plus ironsights!". I was a DF2 player, and I had always wanted ironsights, so I think that's what sold me, lol.

Of course, after I started playing OFP, I could never go back to DF. Actually, since I bought it, I have not bought another game (except Resistance, which took me forever to find in the backwoods where I live!wink.gif, and I may not until the sequel. All other games just feel like a waste of money now, lol.

I downloaded the demo about a week after it was released. Then played that loads and loads of times until the full version wwas released. Since then I have played a lot of different games and demos, but there have always been two games on my hard drive: Quake3 and OFP. And they ain't getting erased until something comes along that's better...nothing this year seems likely smile.gif

I got my original copy in November of 2001, I didn't even know the game existed until a few weeks before.

Downloaded the original demo the day it was released.

Has a press preview copy before the game came out.

Got version 1.00 a week or two after it was released in Europe.

Downloaded RH the from CM the day it became available.

Received the European Resistance and GOTY editions soon after each one's release.

smile.gif

I got Resistance at 10wow.gif0 the morning it was released.... man that was a joyus day....