Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 23 2003,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're being watched! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch<span id='postcolor'>

I can't get that Reuters feed to work. Does it use Real media? If so, nuts to that! I don't want to pay for that dumb program. Is there anyplace to get a free Real player?<span id='postcolor'>

Real Player IS free

Actually there is a free version of the real player, concealed carefully on their webpage.

But regular Real Player is not actually free... as I remember.

Heya mods,

I know this might be a bit of an extreme request, but could you guys possibly make a seperate sticky topic where we can post links to all the various newsfeeds? I keep going back to Al-Jazeera, but it's a bit difficult to wade through all these posts looking for whomever posted that link. If we centralized all of our sources, I think we'd have a bit of a better discussion going on in here and less "Where did you hear that?" and "Who has a good link?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 22 2003,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 23 2003,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're being watched! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch<span id='postcolor'>

I can't get that Reuters feed to work. Does it use Real media? If so, nuts to that! I don't want to pay for that dumb program. Is there anyplace to get a free Real player?<span id='postcolor'>

Real Player IS free<span id='postcolor'>

Edit: Found it. Jeez, that bugger IS hidden!

Hmm... still can't get Reuters to work. How are you guys doing it? What browser/program are you using? I click on the button and it starts opening a new window, but then closes immediately. sad.gif

Also despite the way I sometimes post here, lets keep this as a war news gathering point purely for getting the complete picture of the events. Not to argue so much between the U.S. and other members.

Just my suggestion. And this thread could become enormous over time.

So far there have been various reports on events by some media that kind of fade away and disappear with time, I think it's wise to try and gather information on those, as we kind of are.

OK - Reuters is working now and boy, they've got awesome footage. Does anyone know what those tubes are on the sides of Warrior IFVs? They just look like empty pipes. confused.gif

Antichrist is correct. 101st was attacked by unknown assailants (Al-Qaida or sypmathizers probly) 10 injured, 6 critically. And the 4 guys in the HMMVW's were only injured, not killed.

"Her head got split open like a melon"

I wonder how many Kurds, Marsh Arabs, and other enemies of Saddam had that happen to them, on purpose.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 22 2003,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK - Reuters is working now and boy, they've got awesome footage. Does anyone know what those tubes are on the sides of Warrior IFVs? They just look like empty pipes.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Uneducated guess here, but do you think they would be used, for instance, if the Warrior got stuck in mud? Ie put the tubes under the tracks to try and get the thing out. I think they did that kind of thing in ww2, only with logs and such.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 23 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fighting near Najaf

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....af_dc_2<span id='postcolor'>

That would mean the 3ID is incredibly close to Baghdad. An-Najaf itself is only about 60-70 miles from Baghdad proper, according to this map (fairly large image, so 56kers beware)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 23 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Antichrist is correct. 101st was attacked by unknown assailants (Al-Qaida or sypmathizers probly) 10 injured, 6 critically. And the 4 guys in the HMMVW's were only injured, not killed.<span id='postcolor'>

Ummmm.... AQ? In Iraq?

How about this (much more likely) theory:

Some Iraqi Army special forces saw a chance to stage a little attack and they did? Or even regular army guys?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 23 2003,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 23 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Antichrist is correct. 101st was attacked by unknown assailants (Al-Qaida or sypmathizers probly) 10 injured, 6 critically. And the 4 guys in the HMMVW's were only injured, not killed.<span id='postcolor'>

Ummmm.... AQ? In Iraq?

How about this (much more likely) theory:

Some Iraqi Army special forces saw a chance to stage a little attack and they did?  Or even regular army guys?<span id='postcolor'>

I believe it happened in Kuwait, and they suspect it may be the work of arab contract workers at the base. Two are in custody but apparently they are not considered suspects yet. They may just have been in the wrong place at the worng time.

I think it's a littlebit kneejerk to call it a terrorist attack. We are at war now... crazy.gif

Foxnews just had a really interesting report from their embedded reporter though. He was saying that all the translators have been accounted for and the only person that's missing is a U.S. serviceman who was in charge of guarding the supply [area]. He also said that his sources in the military said there were grenades missing from this same [area]. This is all wild speculation on his part at this point, but still interesting.

If it was a U.S. soldier, he better pray the Iraqi's find him before we do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 23 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's a littlebit kneejerk to call it a terrorist attack.  We are at war now...  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Classic propaganda. By using that word they subconciously link Iraq to Al-Quaeda.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 22 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 23 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's a littlebit kneejerk to call it a terrorist attack.  We are at war now...  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Classic propaganda. By using that word they subconciously link Iraq to Al-Quaeda.<span id='postcolor'>

Since I haven't heard official comment from the Military yet, I'm going to chalk it up to idiotic reporters. These are the same people that screw up the names of Planes EVERY NIGHT. There is one female reporter on a Carrier that keeps calling the F-14s Tomcatters. TOMCATTERS, IT MAKES MY BRAIN HURT MORE EACH TIME AAAAAARRRRRGHHGHHHH12luL2309V

Al-Jazeera just showed what seemed like bomb-damaged  homes and a very distraught father holding his 6-8 year old son. A few minutes ago they showed that clip of the girl Tex mentioned. Damn that's gonna haunt me.  sad.gif

*edit* Right about now I'm wishing I'd taken up a beginner's Arabic course I saw offered at my college a month or so ago.

The War on Terror continues in Northern Iraq with missiles launched at a terroroist group operating there. They are reportedly responsible for the suicide bomber that killed an Australian ABC cameraman and injured many others.

SASR have had a relativly uneventful night compared to yesturday (4 firefights many Iraqis killed / injured plus use of CAS) only destroying one suspected missile site (possibly unmanned) calling in CAS to do the job.

A RAAF F/A-18 pilot aborted a mission because the target could not be identified to his satisfaction, this is due to the seperate ADF rules of engagement to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible.

Speaking of which apparantly only 3 civilians have dies in Baghdad so far - if this is true that's bloody brilliant compared to what was predicted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 22 2003,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this thread could become enormous over time.<span id='postcolor'>

Just happened to think of your post when I clicked out of this thread on another board to go to another.  We have some catching up to do!

arsabhib.jpg

We're at page 207.  MADNESS.

EDIT: To give this post some worth: WWITV Media Portal

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wires @ Mar. 22 2003,17wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A RAAF F/A-18 pilot aborted a mission because the target could not be identified to his satisfaction, this is due to the seperate ADF rules of engagement to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm curious about that part.  Having worked in mission planning, and even seen how the Aussies do theirs, I can say with some confidence that all the targets their firing on in Baghdad are preplanned, not targets of opportunity.

Did he abort while still on the ground?  Or was he having technical problems at TOT?

Do you have a link?

EDIT: lololo enGlish iz haRD

Patriot system just intercepted 2 missiles which were launched by Iraq at Kuwait. It shows that Iraq still has forces in the south that close enough to the kuwait border to launch 70km range missile!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A US soldier has been detained in the Kuwait nade attack.<span id='postcolor'>

Detained? As in, 'under investigation'?

If so, it could just be some prat fucking around with his frags, and letting one slip.

The other possibilty is rather worrying.