Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Mar. 22 2003,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who the hell is David Bloom...<span id='postcolor'>

MSNBC correspondent embedded in the 3rd ID I think. Still no audio

I would realy like to know how much those journalists under risk can earn from war-correspondance. They are under greater risk than soldiers and I doubt they only do this for the fame.

I wish these reporters would stop talking about things they're completely ignorant about. On CNN one just showed a line of A-10's at an airbase, and gave a description of the aircraft, pretty accurate. Then he says "And here's another A-10 that has just returned from Iraq"...as he pans the camera to show an F/A-18 taxiing a few feet away from him....wtf? is he blind or something?

Another question I ask myself are which weapons the IRAQIS might have that could bring harm to the americans (besides weapons of mass-destruction). In which area are they well equipped and technological advanced. All I see on the pictures is silly AKs

I'm personally extremely disappointed with CNN. They have so far been the most useless source of information that has basically just been pumping out Pentagon press releases. Even fox news (the mother of all crap main stream news) has provided a far better coverage of the war so far. APX and Reuters have so far been providing the best information.

I totally agree. even my shitty german TV-station were able to provide simillar information and images as CNN. Sky NEWs is better but they are on a wargasm trip since the war started.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Mar. 22 2003,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another question I ask myself are which weapons the IRAQIS might have that could bring harm to the americans (besides weapons of mass-destruction). In which area are they well equipped and technological advanced. All I see on the pictures is silly AKs<span id='postcolor'>

Well, most of their tanks are (still) obsolete, but they do have a few T-72s that have at least the capability to fight against Abrams on somewhat even terms. However, their training and tactics have consistently proved to be inferior to Coalition tactics, which obviously will negate any technological advantages they might have in an armor conflict. Their artillery (that is the stuff that still exists) is effective when it gets a chance to survive beyond 2 or three salvoes, because no matter how you slice it, 100 mm+ guns and rockets will have an effect on the battlefield situation almost no matter where they land. Beyond that, I really don't know of any conventional weapons systems they might have that could prove to be any more serious a worry than the standard threats on the modern battlefield.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 22 2003,23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm personally extremely disappointed with CNN. They have so far been the most useless source of information that has basically just been pumping out Pentagon press releases. Even fox news (the mother of all crap main stream news) has provided a far better coverage of the war so far. APX and Reuters have so far been providing the best information.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, CNN is dropping the ball big time. Not using their embedded reporters enough, bad news-gathering and analysis, besides the standard clueless reporter gaffes that are not at all limited to CNN. Although, I could almost see the Marines off-screen rolling their eyes when Christianne Amanpour (who I thought was an experienced reporter of military conflicts) inquired as to the nationality of Cobra attack helos circling a US Marines position. I guess having a night vision camera in Baghdad just doesn't cut it as ground-breaking coverage of an Iraqi war these days.

Fox doesn't suck... I think its much better than that Demo-commie crap that CNN and MSNBC pumpout, atleast they TRY to keep their reporting fair and balanced.

Well Umm Qasr and Basra are still not under the control of coalition! Althought US officials claimed they are...... that's pretty sad to lie to families of soldiers who might die from a bullet in a city that "surrendered completely" two days ago sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 22 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fox doesn't NOT suck<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree with that statement smile.gif

Keep telling yourself that Cloney. The only thing balanced on Fox are the opinion/commentary shows, the minute-to-minute reporting of news is about as biased as you can get before it becomes blatant propaganda. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, but I wish more people would keep that in mind and form their own conclusions rather than allowing Fox anchors to spoon-feed them politically slanted drivel.

On a side-note, obviously Al-Jazeera has been watching alot of Fox News, as their style is very similar, even if the political slant is not. Moody music, spiffy graphics, and of course the distracting background images of flags waving. It's the Fox News of the Arabic world! smile.gif

I just read in the Spiegel that there are large protests against the USA and scenes with flagburnings (USA and Israel) in Jordania and that 10.000 want to help their Iraqi brothers. I`m very sceptical with all kind of media I get those days, no matter from which side, but if only 25% of that is true that`s indeed bad. And it`s indeed very common for arabs to fight in their neighbour countries if attacked from "heretics", non-moslems, so to say. A very good example for that kind of war tourism is Tschechnia (sp?) and even Afghanistan.

The Turkey going nuts, Iran hungry watching for Iraqi territory and now Jordania. The fire is already spreading...  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 22 2003,23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Umm Qasr and Basra are still not under the control of coalition! Althought US officials claimed they are...... that's pretty sad to lie to families of soldiers who might die from a bullet in a city that "surrendered completely" two days ago  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can control an area with small pockets of resistance still putting up a fight- one Japanese soldier on a Pacific island stayed on the run for years after the US Marines declared the island 'secure'. Besides, actions speak louder than words. The Marine unit that led the attack on Basrah has already moved on to the northwest, continuing the advance. You think they'd do this id they didn't have the situation well in hand?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 23 2003,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one Japanese soldier on a Pacific island stayed on the run for years after the US Marines declared the island 'secure'.<span id='postcolor'>

Must`ve been Joshi Rambo tounge.gif

Well somebody said they don't even want to fight in Basra and just going to cut it off from all sides and let it cook until they gettime to go in or until the soldiers surrender

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 23 2003,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well somebody said they don't even want to fight in Basra and just going to cut it off from all sides and let it cook until they gettime to go in or until the soldiers surrender<span id='postcolor'>

Somebody? Oooh, I know that guy. Of course, I know somebody else who says that Umm Qasr is in Coalition hands, and that the fall of Basra is just a matter of time, considering the surrender of most of the Iraqi 55th Tanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 23 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 23 2003,00wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well somebody said they don't even want to fight in Basra and just going to cut it off from all sides and let it cook until they gettime to go in or until the soldiers surrender<span id='postcolor'>

Somebody? Oooh, I know that guy. Of course, I know somebody else who says that Umm Qasr is in Coalition hands, and that the fall of Basra is just a matter of time, considering the surrender of most of the Iraqi 55th Tanks<span id='postcolor'>

My Hero. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 23 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Somebody? Oooh, I know that guy. Of course, I know somebody else who says that Umm Qasr is in Coalition hands, and that the fall of Basra is just a matter of time, considering the surrender of most of the Iraqi 55th Tanks<span id='postcolor'>

Sombody is four star general Tommy Franks who said that the allied troops wouldn't even try to take Basra unless there became a military need for it. He said that "it was about liberation and not about occupation".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1429_WM_B_20030322_21:00_2,00.html<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're being watched! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Reuters feed on that site is topnotch<span id='postcolor'>

I can't get that Reuters feed to work. Does it use Real media? If so, nuts to that! I don't want to pay for that dumb program. Is there anyplace to get a free Real player?