Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 21 2003,20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn. That's some serious stuff. Of course, I imagine the limiting factor is the cost- no way Russia can afford to outfit alot of tanks with something like this. But if they could (or if they got it in their heads to sell it around...), then... well, I don't really need to say it, do I?<span id='postcolor'>

Was serious. After watching the new Hellfire(s) test and evaluation for the last two years I can say with confidence that they better start on something new.

Let's not forget the Javelin either.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any way to translate that al jazeera channel into english?<span id='postcolor'>

BabelFish tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and I havent heard anything about ttwo pilots ejecting yet.  i doubt it since it would be all over the TV especially since there are so many correspondents with cameras in baghdad right now<span id='postcolor'>

They showed footage on Swedeish television earlier today that looked like the wreck of an F-18 as far as I could make out. That's however a single seat fighter if I'm not mistaken.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 22 2003,12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They showed footage on Swedeish television earlier today that looked like the wreck of an F-18 as far as I could make out. That's however a single seat fighter if I'm not mistaken.<span id='postcolor'>

It's either a single seat (A,C,and E) or double seat (B,D, and F).

The F/A-18E Superhornet is a 2 seater.  There basically are two versions of the F-18, the hornet and the superhornet.

e35-13-106.jpg

Boeing photo

Those are both, according to the site, E/F models.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 22 2003,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and I havent heard anything about ttwo pilots ejecting yet.  i doubt it since it would be all over the TV especially since there are so many correspondents with cameras in baghdad right now<span id='postcolor'>

They showed footage on Swedeish television earlier today that looked like the wreck of an F-18 as far as I could make out. That's however a single seat fighter if I'm not mistaken.<span id='postcolor'>

F18F-4.jpg

F-18F

(the same kind that were involved in a midd air collision not too long ago killing all 4 crew)

PS, the E model is not a two-seater smile.gif

Well, thank god for all you aviation buffs wink.gif

In other news: USA apologizes to Iran for blowing up their refinery by mistake. Several people were hurt in the attack.

(src)

Precision weapons ey? Or perhaps it was a precision attack wow.gif

Finally some recognition. wink.gif

I heard that the two cruise missiles that landed in Iran didn't hurt anything, and we apologized/were forgiven by Iran.

BTW, Al Jazeera's war intro clip rules.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 22 2003,15:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no, but won't be surprised given these incidents

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In one demonstration Thursday in San Francisco, a disturbance broke out when a protester tried to grab a police officer's gun. One officer was injured in the scuffle and possibly has a broken leg, Tully said.

Video footage from local television stations showed a man who managed to drive his minivan into a pedestrian-clogged intersection getting beaten by several protesters. His vehicle was then looted.

<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/21/sprj.irq.protests/index.html<span id='postcolor'>

LoL, i hope that wasn't Reginal Denny getting beat up again.

"Why ME!!!! Its deja vu all over again!" lol

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 22 2003,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Precision weapons ey? Or perhaps it was a precision attack  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Out of how many that were fired, there were two failures? From a non-emotional point of view I would call that a sucess. I'm thinking it was probably due more to humor error entering the GPS coords, then the GPS receiver actually failing.

Statistics were stacked against that refinery I guess. The %rate of predicted failure against the %rate of settled areas in Iran. I think Allah had it out for that refinery...

Regardless, I'm glad that no one was killed.

From the Al-Jazeera feed, it looks like there's a bit of a scuffle going on northwest of Al-Basrah

Looking at the feed now it looks like some arabic woman talking after they showed some pretty graphic stuff in a hospital. anybody know what shes saying?

who wants to bet it's anti-american? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Mar. 22 2003,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://winmedia.ish.de/al-jazeera

all jazeera free , medium quality , high speed stream<span id='postcolor'>

Is there a video version of this? Or is this supposed to be video? I need to see the lips!!!!

The Iraq channel on sat is pretty one-sided. Hehe...Saddam really has people brainwashed. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 22 2003,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In other news: USA apologizes to Iran for blowing up their refinery by mistake. Several people were hurt in the attack.

(src)

Precision weapons ey? Or perhaps it was a precision attack  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is contrary to that apology.

An excerpt:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Initially, a U.S. official reported that the United States had apologized to Iran after a number of stray missiles crashed inside its territory.

But later, he retracted that, saying he had been misinformed.

"There is no apology. There is nothing to apologize for yet," said the official. "We have to find out what happened. Apparently there are different schools of thought" as to what might have occurred.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 22 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Mar. 22 2003,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://winmedia.ish.de/al-jazeera

all jazeera free , medium quality , high speed stream<span id='postcolor'>

Is there a video version of this?  Or is this supposed to be video?  I need to see the lips!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Works fine for me. Word of warning to anyone though, they've shown some pretty graphic footage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 22 2003,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe it won't allow me to watch it since I'm on 56k?<span id='postcolor'>

That would be the reason. 380kb feed

And yeah that stuff is pretty graphic. I'm surprised they're showing it. Then again they're not exactly unbiased.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And yeah that stuff is pretty graphic.  I'm surprised they're showing it.  Then again they're not exactly unbiased.<span id='postcolor'>

so non-censorship=bias?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 22 2003,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 22 2003,22wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And yeah that stuff is pretty graphic.  I'm surprised they're showing it.  Then again they're not exactly unbiased.<span id='postcolor'>

so non-censorship=bias?<span id='postcolor'>

Those pictures of dead civilians are extremely sad. However, I can't help but notice that a significant portion of the bodies are men who seemed to have been of conscription age and looked like they had been in reasonably good physical condition. I don't know why, but it seems a little fishy to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 22 2003,23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/871636/posts

this is a great page- this guy has posted some code allowing you to view a bunch of different feeds (BBC & MSNBC) in an html window at once. Plus a bunch of different links to feeds<span id='postcolor'>

Wow! I'm in Baghdad! wow.gif