Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 21 2003,19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seen a few SAM launches. I hope any aircrews in the area watch themselves.

It appears to be multiple cruise missile strikes mainly.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope those on the ground watch themselves as well. I'm much more worried about the civvies..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 21 2003,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seen a few SAM launches. I hope any aircrews in the area watch themselves.

It appears to be multiple cruise missile strikes mainly.<span id='postcolor'>

I would disagree. I think there were some cruise missiles, but I think there were quite a few B2s dropping JDAMS.

They really want that building down.

It s the 5th or 6th missle that s hitting that one ...

( close to the hotel CNN is staying )

I hope US targetting processes have improved as well. (Chinese Embassy, air raid bunker in '91).

Looks crazy, but the warheads don't seem too big....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Mar. 21 2003,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They really want that building down.

( close to the hotel CNN is staying )<span id='postcolor'>

which building? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 21 2003,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Mar. 21 2003,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They really want that building down.

( close to the hotel CNN is staying )<span id='postcolor'>

which building? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Uhm, ... the one that was there 10 minutes ago ... crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would disagree. I think there were some cruise missiles, but I think there were quite a few B2s dropping JDAMS.<span id='postcolor'>

Looking at a replay, it seems a series of explosion erupted virtually one of the other, in reasonably close proximity. (4 or so), so yes it would seem your right in regard to the JDAM's.

Just thinking, have the US scrambled the GPS co-ords yet? (Knocks them out by a few dozen feet). I'll check with our differential GPS tomorrow)

A reporter on the ground in Baghdad says there are actually no particular targets where the dozens of bombs have landed. She says this is basically carpet bombing!

Yep the one Denoir posted.

Seems they are penetrating a bunker underneath it deeper and deeper.....

Must be Command and Control under there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A reporter on the ground in Baghdad says there are actually no particular targets where the dozens of bombs have landed. She says this is basically carpet bombing!<span id='postcolor'>

The Presidential compounds are huge.

Dropping 40 2000lb dumb bombs is not going to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi civilians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 21 2003,10:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A reporter on the ground in Baghdad says there are actually no particular targets where the dozens of bombs have landed.  She says this is basically carpet bombing!<span id='postcolor'>

Doubt it, most of these were grouped together. I could be wrong, but I believe most of these fell in the "military area" near the Presidential palace.

The other thing that supports that claim is that you're not hearing so many firetrucks and such. And power is still on. If it was carpet bombing I imagine a transformer or station would have taken a hit or been over or under loaded by masses of houses being taken out.

What a greedy, violent, egoistic bunch of assholes mankind is... I am grateful for the pictures on TV...for they remind me what it's worth living and standing up for...on the other side they make me doubt humanity will ever evolve...

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 21 2003,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 21 2003,10:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A reporter on the ground in Baghdad says there are actually no particular targets where the dozens of bombs have landed.  She says this is basically carpet bombing!<span id='postcolor'>

Doubt it, most of these were grouped together.  I could be wrong, but I believe most of these fell in the "military area" near the Presidential palace.

The other thing that supports that claim is that you're not hearing so many firetrucks and such.  And power is still on.  If it was carpet bombing I imagine a transformer or station would have taken a hit or been over or under loaded by masses of houses being taken out.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.

Bombing seems random, but i doubt it is.

Explosions seem to be hitting same targets over and over ...

My thoughts is they are hitting the bunkers below the buildings ...

Sure, I'm jsut telling you what people on the ground are reporting. smile.gif I'll believe 50% of those bombs hit proper targets. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

In other news...

evilbadger.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent. I was weighing upstarting anew nicksoIcould keep my post count! smile.gif

Then I remebered Denoir would hunt me down and exorcise me...

(It's in violation of forum rules you know! Being a demon that is, not having 2 nicks)

eeekkk

tounge.gif

anyway

it seems this time they really have captured Umm Qasr although there may still be fighting at the old port or the surrounding area

war

sad.gif

After some tedious work, I've compiled a map from coordinates that I got from my old boss earlier today (and got permission to release them).

targets_liten.jpg

larger image (400 kb)

Yellow = civilian infrastructure that probably will be targeted

Blue = political infrastructure

Red = military infrastructure'

Perhaps you mean oil wells, the ones inland?

luckily ,though many oil wells in the south have been set alight

(a few handfuls out of many hundreds)

the southern oil/gas seperation plants have been taken and held. Their destruction would have made large scale oil processing impossible for months or years. This would be unlucky for the Iraqi people (as well as the greedy bastard oil companies).

Denoir,

who is your old boss?

I saw mine on TV last night, good ole Stormin Norman himself. I was like "Hey, thats my old boss, he looking good"   biggrin.gif

Good picture Denoir, thanks. And it seems right too from what I'v seen.

according to other maps most international (ie -those with reporters inside) hotels (palestine hotel ,Sheraton etc)

are on the same bank of the river as the international communications centre and are the same distance from the river,

just above the horizontal plane of the intelligence services HQ

so i would think that would be where most of the Baghdad pictures are coming from