Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

More targets hit approximately 1.3-1.4Km from MSNBC Baghdad NV webcam.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Mar. 21 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir,

who is your old boss?<span id='postcolor'>

My former CO is a Lieutenant Colonel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More targets hit approximately 1.3-1.4Km from MSNBC Baghdad NV webcam. <span id='postcolor'>

They just showed on Swedish TV a live report from a Norwegian reporter that works for Swedish television. She said that basically all official buildings in Baghdad have been attacked but that the collateral damage was extensive. She said however that probably there were very few people in the area since it was obvious that they would get hit. Fire fighters were scrambling all around the city trying to put out the fires and to pull out any people that might have been trapped in the attacked buildings.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They just showed on Swedish TV a live report from a Norwegian reporter that works for Swedish television. She said that basically all official buildings in Baghdad have been attacked but that the collateral damage was extensive. She said however that probably there were very few people in the area since it was obvious that they would get hit. Fire fighters were scrambling all around the city trying to put out the fires and to pull out any people that might have been trapped in the attacked buildings.<span id='postcolor'>

Could that be Ĺsne Sejerstad by the way?

dunno if this has been psoted but the rumsfelt (sp :/) press confrence we were told we will see Video (im presuming) reoprts captured from the embeded media in the Ground troops tommorow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,21:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They just showed on Swedish TV a live report from a Norwegian reporter that works for Swedish television. She said that basically all official buildings in Baghdad have been attacked but that the collateral damage was extensive. She said however that probably there were very few people in the area since it was obvious that they would get hit. Fire fighters were scrambling all around the city trying to put out the fires and to pull out any people that might have been trapped in the attacked buildings.<span id='postcolor'>

Could that be Ĺsne Sejerstad by the way?<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed it was. Are you aware of that Ĺsna means donkey in Swedish? biggrin.gif

Man, CNN is such a piece of crap, they summerized that at most 6 missiles were involved in the last bombing of Baghdad... when I watched at least 20 hit. crazy.gif Bullshitters. Trying to cover up tragic military actions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indeed it was. Are you aware of that Ĺsna means donkey in Swedish? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you aware of the fact that the swedes rely on info given by a donkey hehe tounge.gif

Just a heads up, anyone with IRC can hop on efnet and #cnn-live has a live closed caption of CNN.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, CNN is such a piece of crap, they summerized that at most 6 missiles were involved in the last bombing of Baghdad... when I watched at least 20 hit. Bullshitters. Trying to cover up tragic military actions.<span id='postcolor'>

I saw them discussing 6 specific hits, but I haven't heard them deny that the rest of the bombs hit?? It's obvious if you count by the sound of explosions alone. Plus FOX, MSNBC, and BBC are all going with the several hundred story.

I also think that it's slightly early to be calling anything "tragic military actions". I know you're just hoping against hope, but there is nothing proving or disproving that at this point.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Mar. 21 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir,

who is your old boss?<span id='postcolor'>

My former CO is a Lieutenant Colonel.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahhh,

so you are a former serviceman. cool

Anything now is just speculation. Nothing will come out till morning.

(Othin, your bridge is back on the TV! )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indeed it was. Are you aware of that Ĺsna means donkey in Swedish? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you aware of the fact that the swedes rely on info given by a donkey hehe  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Touché smile.gif

just a question do you think we will ever see combat Photography like in WWII with actually action against iraqi resistence?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ Mar. 21 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just a question do you think we will ever see combat Photography like in WWII with actually action against iraqi resistence?<span id='postcolor'>

yes, but very limited and will not be much.

WW2 was fought with a lot of ground troops and had a lot of opportunity for such film taking, but in this war, the best we will get close is urban warfare, and I doubt if coalition forces are willing to share the films, if they have any. UW is a hell, and won't be surprised if we get really shady pictures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 21 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">She said that basically all official buildings in Baghdad have been attacked but that the collateral damage was extensive. She said however that probably there were very few people in the area since it was obvious that they would get hit. Fire fighters were scrambling all around the city trying to put out the fires and to pull out any people that might have been trapped in the attacked buildings.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, smart bombs, heh??

In german media they say the US used it`s B52 bombers for raiding Baghdad. Veeeeeery precise.

I hope the amount of dead civilians is not too high.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 21 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In german media they say the US used it`s B52 bombers for raiding Baghdad. Veeeeeery precise.<span id='postcolor'>

B-52 = JDAMs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 21 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope the amount of dead civilians is not too high.<span id='postcolor'>

Me too.

Semper Fi

For those of you in North America looking for another source, CSPAN is carrying a feed from Lebanon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 21 2003,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 21 2003,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ABC news is showing great footage of a Patriot Pac3 hitting an Iraqi missile in broad daylight over Kuwait City.  I guess they really did improve those things.

<span id='postcolor'>

They missed a lot of missiles as well, so I guess they are not that effective!<span id='postcolor'>

The third generation Patriots hit 5 of 7 I heard.

'just a question do you think we will ever see combat Photography like in WWII with actually action against iraqi resistence?'

Over here in the UK the coverage has been very samey, replaying the same images over and over again.

If they showed proper combat on TV at 6pm, where people were getting maimed by shrapnel, having their legs blown off, body bags, and so forth, like in Vietnam, I would say war support could drop.

What about the air corridor to the North, I reckon it'll take probably 4 weeks to complete this action in Iraq.

The US wouldn't dare risk carpet bombing. Iraqi civillian goodwill is just too critical in this war. Plenty of bunkers are probably rubble now, and while some civvys are probably dead, I'm willing to bet that it's less that Bn880 etc. would like to believe.

We'll see I'm sure what the damage is, we'll also see how the Baghdad takeover will go... I think only a few more days.

(take shots at me for what I said, but I actually hope I was wrong all along and Iraqis hate Saddam enough to simply welcome the west and work from there, that would be great)

Dunno if it was said or not...

The 55th Tank Regiment (I think) defending Basra has officially been confirmed to have surrendered.

ABC just showed video of a Marine being cheered by Iraqi's in Basra as he tore down a picture of Saddam.

Just tellin' ya what I saw...

Come on guys the Iraqi army was never gonna be a tough cookie, look at the military hardware they have. Its like taking a hammer to a nut!

The real test of Iraqi morale will come closer to Baghdad, close quarter battles and the such.

Chemical Ali is reported as killed (commander of southern Iraq), as well as 2 or 3 other top leaders.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (interstat @ Mar. 21 2003,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on guys the Iraqi army was never gonna be a tough cookie, look at the military hardware they have.  Its like taking a hammer to a nut!<span id='postcolor'>

Well if the rumour about them taking out several Challenger 2's is true I wouldn't discount them too quickly. I can't see how they'd manage it though. Possibly arty hitting from above?

Any news on whether this is actually true or not? I've been on BBC News all day and it hasn't mentioned it at all.