Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

BASRA is some scary stuff!

I came under BAS Related Attack today.

Strolling through the city centre, there was a loud rumbling overhead, I looked up and saw a Black-Op Chinook thundering its way low over the city, menacingly without any markings at all...

Stoned as I was I began having gaming related flashbacks and seriously thought about ducking behind something for a brief moment. Realising I wasnt holding an AK74, parts of my brain showed the beginnings of panick setting in crazy_o.gif

I had no idea the Brits used Blacked Out Chinooks, nor do I know why it was flying so low  ...

BASRA is some scary stuff!

I came under BAS Related Attack today.

Strolling through the city centre, there was a loud rumbling overhead, I looked up and saw a Black-Op Chinook thundering its way low over the city, menacingly without any markings at all...

Stoned as I was I began having gaming related flashbacks and seriously thought about ducking behind something for a brief moment. Realising I wasnt holding an AK74, parts of my brain showed the beginnings of panick setting in crazy_o.gif

I had no idea the Brits used Blacked Out Chinooks, nor do I know why it was flying so low  ...

We have some MH-47's, although renamed in the RAF style, didnt realise they were black though.

In real life the crew of BlackHawk is: Two Pilots, one flight engineer and one machine gunner!!

This feature is included in HH/MH-60G and MH-60L/K Packs???

Is possible??

Mp @ July 05 2003,20:21)]In real life the crew of BlackHawk is: Two Pilots, one flight engineer and one machine gunner!!

Is possible??

No, it was tried but was found to be unfeasible.

Also the HH-60 comes in various versions (in real life) most of which are in different colours, which one were you referring to?

AFAIK there's:

HH-60G (USAF CSAR)

HH-60L (Medivac)

HH-60J (JayHawk, Coastguard)

HH-60H (NSW Variant)

which ever one the Navy Seals use... and i was playing with those Mi-2's and the "Flicking Switches" animation when you turn the engine on is cool.. lol just a small feature to the choppers.. can we expect something like this on the BAS birds?

Also the HH-60 comes in various versions (in real life) most of which are in different colours, which one were you referring to?

AFAIK there's:

HH-60G (USAF CSAR)

HH-60L (Medivac)

HH-60J (JayHawk, Coastguard)

HH-60H (NSW Variant)

which ever one the Navy Seals use... and i was playing with those Mi-2's and the "Flicking Switches" animation when you turn the engine on is cool.. lol just a small feature to the choppers.. can we expect something like this on the BAS birds?

yeah its coolness.

Thank you BAS for what you do. No requests for dates, I am shushed.

Um, haven't seen any JAM updates highlighted anywhere. I personally would rather have JAM long time before I get around to thinking about anything else, no matter how cool the MH-60 pack is...

/ducks and runs for the hills away from angry mob

But, I have one quick itty-bitty question: Will JAM only be for infantry type weapons, or will there be some ship and plane weapon loadout peanut butter too?

/runs away from bun-wielding pun police

With everyone's various tanks, planes, ships, etc, JAM could be THE defining point to Flashpoint. Thanks for all the toys.

@shinRaiden

JAM is currently being beta tested, and will be out soon.

As regarding vehicle weapons, it will not be defining them, as Evis said earlier in the thread, this would be a rather time consuming project to get every type of aircraft/vehicle ammo on there too. The idea of JAM is so that soldiers from different addons can grab the mags off of their fallen comrades and use them in their own weapons (the units have to be JAM compliant ofcourse)

Guest DKM-jaguar

i dont supose it's been brought up, but are both stations at the controls able to be used in order to fly the blackhawk? In real life (as you know) the UH60 has no pilot and copilot station, just two pilot stations. This could be usefull i suppose. Also, would be cool to go into a landing stage where a machinegunner leans out of the helo and counts down the feet to he ground. Good for SAR missions, and landings?? Something to consider.

i dont supose it's been brought up, but are both stations at the controls able to be used in order to fly the blackhawk? In real life (as you know) the UH60 has no pilot and copilot station, just two pilot stations. This could be usefull i suppose. Also, would be cool to go into a landing stage where a machinegunner leans out of the helo and counts down the feet to he ground. Good for SAR missions, and landings?? Something to consider.

No, i dont know about the scripters, but i dont even have a clue how that would be possible, short of swapping the pilot/co-pilot over midflight.

Sadly i don´t think its possible too.

sad_o.gif

but nice idea smile_o.gif

Mp @ July 05 2003,20:21)]In real life the crew of BlackHawk is: Two Pilots, one flight engineer and one machine gunner!!

Is possible??

Wow, after Reading this thread since Pg 50, (Haven't checked in a few Days) I have only two things to say

1. to the above statement about Crew Cheifs in OFP, Sergent First Class Schuck an Black Haw Crew Cheif said, piloting a Black hawk with Just a Pilot and a Gunner, is an imposiblity.

2. After spending quite a while reading this I must say the New Sum 41 CD really Rocks so if you're into Pop Punk, check it out....

Thank You For your Time and Patience rock.gif

Is possible??

Wow, after Reading this thread since Pg 50, (Haven't checked in a few Days) I have only two things to say

1. to the above statement about Crew Cheifs in OFP, Sergent First Class Schuck an Black Haw Crew Cheif said, piloting a Black hawk with Just a Pilot and a Gunner, is an imposiblity.

2. After spending quite a while reading this I must say the New Sum 41 CD really Rocks so if you're into Pop Punk, check it out....

Thank You For your Time and Patience  rock.gif

I think he meant that it was unfeasible to do this in OFP

About the Delta/RAngers : When the updated weapons pack gets released will the Masterkey's impact be lessened?

Many times I've found myself up close to a baddy and blasted him in the chest only to find myself killed by the blowback, same if you accidentally hit the edge of a nearby wall or the ground.

Can't say I've fired too many shotguns in my life, but I dont recall reading or hearing about anyone getting killed from Shotgun Blowback.

Its still my favourite weapon though.

About the Delta/RAngers :  When the updated weapons pack gets released will the Masterkey's impact be lessened?

Many times I've found myself up close to a baddy and blasted him in the chest only to find myself killed by the blowback, same if you accidentally hit the edge of a nearby wall or the ground.

Can't say I've fired too many shotguns in my life, but I dont recall reading or hearing about anyone getting killed from Shotgun Blowback.

Its still my favourite weapon though.

i wouldn't change it. the masterkey is fun the way it is smile_o.gif

Fun, hell yeah!

But realistic?

In missions like Naguals S.Afghanistan missions with close street fighting, combined with OFP's clipping peculiarities death at ones own hands can strike at any time ... sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

As the MasterKey is not really used to actually kill people (its called MasterKey as it'll open most doors), so using the MasterKey in CQB operations for anything other than door opening, is unrealistic in its-self.

We included the masterkey, as we felt that it was an important feature of Delta Operations. I don't think the MasterKey's damage values will be changed in JAM, as it will be based on real values...

I was wondering...

is it possible to put a cargo position in the unoccupied pilots position and have that character assume a "piloting" animation? just so that the 1st cargo slot is the #2 seat and can be filled in the editor (if not done automatically)

non functioning and simply for immersive purposes... that empty chair looks kinda wierd

Or just have a gunner,"driver" and a commander. If the chopper class doesn't prohibit having a commander, since the pilot works as a commander of sorts.

I was wondering...

is it possible to put a cargo position in the unoccupied pilots position and have that character assume a "piloting" animation? just so that the 1st cargo slot is the #2 seat and can be filled in the editor (if not done automatically)

non functioning and simply for immersive purposes... that empty chair looks kinda wierd

We tried doing this for the MH-47... but no matter what we tried, the new crew (we created 2 pilots and 2 crew chiefs) would simply NOT get in the helo. Plus, this method of adding new crew (by scripting it) would cause the helicopter to crash if it starts in the air - not so good sad_o.gif

Unfortunately, because of the game engine, the second pilot seat, and the second crew seat WILL remain empty...

As the MasterKey is not really used to actually kill people (its called MasterKey as it'll open most doors), so using the MasterKey in CQB operations for anything other than door opening, is unrealistic in its-self.

We included the masterkey, as we felt that it was an important feature of Delta Operations. I don't think the MasterKey's damage values will be changed in JAM, as it will be based on real values...

Well you can't breach doors in OFP so you must have put the MasterKey there for CQB,no?

If so then it can get quite irritating, dying from self inflicted gunshot wounds smile_o.gif

Or just have a gunner,"driver" and a commander. If the chopper class doesn't prohibit having a commander, since the pilot works as a commander of sorts.

Again, the helicopter class does NOT support having a commander... This was discussed in gret depth around MH-47 release time, during the Nam Pack creation, and early on in MH-60 Development.

why not let the mission designer add pilots and crewchiefs with moveincargo? Personally I can't imagine why it shouldn't be possible to to this by a script. Should be very easy. But actually I never tried it so I guess I have to trust you.

this isn't a question about bAS per se, but what stage of development is JAM in?

Any band with a name consisting of a word followed by a number should never, ever, ever be referred to as punk. Joe Strummer will strangle you in the afterlife!