Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

what i would love for someone to do would be to creat some decent cammo netting.

If you are going to release BRDM's could you at least consider improving the model, both in scale and in geometry?

brdm-2-003.gif

The front looks really odd. Also, I think a KPVK turret would be better than an open DsHK/NSV/Kord MG.

What about a Cadillac V-100? I think that it was used as an MP vehicle, I know for certain it was in service in Vietnam. Also LAPD SWAT until recently.

V-100 Commando

If you are going to release BRDM's could you at least consider improving the model, both in scale and in geometry?

No, these OPFOR vehicles are something quick and easy to arm our enemy troops, they also suit our enemy forces as they are, they are meant primarily as targets, so we wont be spending as much time as a full project on each vehicle, the BRDM-2 ingame is actually an OT-65, so BIS did get the geometry right, they just got the wrong vehicle.

No, these OPFOR vehicles are something quick and easy to arm our enemy troops, they also suit our enemy forces as they are, they are meant primarily as targets, so we wont be spending as much time as a full project on each vehicle, the BRDM-2 ingame is actually an OT-65, so BIS did get the geometry right, they just got the wrong vehicle.

So this will be named an OT-65?

Probably not, it will keep the same naming as the BIS vehicle, as i mentioned in the news post it is meant to appear ingame as a modified BIS BRDM, where the hatch on the roof is removed and replaced with a mount for a heavy machine gun. At least then they can be used in conjunction if neccessary.

Probably not, it will keep the same naming as the BIS vehicle, as i mentioned in the news post it is meant to appear ingame as a modified BIS BRDM, where the hatch on the roof is removed and replaced with a mount for a heavy machine gun. At least then they can be used in conjunction if neccessary.

So what's the job of Red Star Studios rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

So what's the job of Red Star Studios rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Obviously their job is to produce the best east units that they can that will be used for east sided missions most likely. We are making the OPFOR to just be good targets for BAS units. Simple as that. As such, they are not intended to be used as player controlled units. They will be of comparable quality, but not overly done. The african units and their corresponding vehicles are not meant to be used by the player, just for atmosphere and to fight against. This is a completely different purpose than the east units being created by other mod teams.

I dont think anyone could have said it better, however, it is fun to shoot down the odd MH-60, even if it does make STT weep.

Evis, let's not discuss shooting down helos mate sad_o.gif it's not something I'd want to think about tounge_o.gif

cheers biggrin_o.gif

ofpeditor

Thnx for a rapid reply BAS team ;)

So will we be seeing RHS addons in BAS missions rock.gif

No, or at least not in missions released with our addons, as that would make them non-AAE compliant.

rock.gif will RHS and BAS release things simultan?

So if you release some choppers RHS will do that to? (only an example)

..well i could think thats nonsence i wrote ..its 6am and i didn´t sleep.

rock.gif  will RHS and BAS release things simultan?

So if you release some choppers RHS will do that to? (only an example)

..well i could think thats nonsence i wrote ..its 6am and i didn´t sleep.

Er...no.

RHS has a shit load of tanks and thats good to see.. cuz well russia has a fukin load of differnt types of tanks.. its a little possible they could take a peep of a little time to make an abrams (M1a2 or M1a3) to equally match the 20 differnt RHS ones.. or atleast BAS could match the abrams well over RHS's tanks.. make it have an edge over t72's and t80's.. But make the t90 load quicker.. Abrams stronger armor.

for some reason i dont like this whole editing bis model stuff

none of the bis models are very accurate or detailed, and you said it is just something quick, yet youve been working on it since the delta/rangers, that was along time ago

seems like new better models could have been done, you you could have left the russian stuff to another team and made new models for the american desert pack

and why a desert pack might i ask, we dont even have a decent desert island

shoulda done woodland first

now i may sound more p*ssed off than i really am, but i think things coulda been done better one way or another

RHS has a shit load of tanks and thats good to see.. cuz well russia has a fukin load of differnt types of tanks.. its a little possible they could take a peep of a little time to make an abrams (M1a2 or M1a3) to equally match the 20 differnt RHS ones.. or atleast BAS could match the abrams well over RHS's tanks.. make it have an edge over t72's and t80's.. But make the t90 load quicker.. Abrams stronger armor.

The T-90 has an auto loader doesnt it? Normally the russian autoloaders reload in about 5-7 seconds, most manually reloading crews aim to be reloaded in about 3-4 seconds. But either way, as can be seen from the list on the homepage there will be an M1A2 among other Abrams variants in the desert pack.

Yes but is the abrams on hte picture on your HP that what it´s gonna look like in finish, or will you add more bags, ropes and all that details?

Just wondering because when not it makes making a new ambrams obsolite.

for some reason i dont like this whole editing bis model stuff

none of the bis models are very accurate or detailed, and you said it is just something quick, yet youve been working on it since the delta/rangers, that was along time ago

seems like new better models could have been done, you you could have left the russian stuff to another team and made new models for the american desert pack

and why a desert pack might i ask, we dont even have a decent desert island

shoulda done woodland first

now i may sound more p*ssed off than i really am, but i think things coulda been done better one way or another

We have been making vehicles for about a week or so, what has been in process since the Delta/Rangers is the OPFOR, we have completed two opposing army units, both completely different styles, they have only just been completed recently, which is why we have started on the vehicles, to give them some heavier firepower, i also dont see where it says NATO Addon Studios, i believe it says Ballistic Addon Studios, and nothing on our site says we only make western units/vehicles so i dont see why we should be limited by your perspective of us, also, what is the point making more desert vehicles if they have nothing to fight? Why a desert pack? Because obviously desert warfare is the hot topic right now, also we are making an island that contains quite a substantial amount of desert, and one of the enemy units lives in the desert.

Yes but is the abrams on hte picture on your HP that what it´s gonna look like in finish, or will you add more bags, ropes and all that details?

Just wondering because when not it makes making a new ambrams obsolite.

No its not finished.

Ok, nice to hear that.

so, we might have just gone to war in a desert, but thats no game

and fighting in the the desert in a game isnt any fun, at least not for me

so, we might have just gone to war in a desert, but thats no game

and fighting in the the desert in a game isnt any fun, at least not for me

Well then, you have the BIS campaign to play with smile_o.gif Just becuase you dont enjoy it doesnt mean other people wont, i know the BAS members do, and we enjoy what we've made, and thats all that matters.

actually, ive played bis campaigns once, and none since then, i make my own missions