Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

OK...you want a decent update. This was posted by me in the OFPEC forums in response to someone's dissapointment in the time taken to release our MH-60s.

=====

@FutureHornet

Do not dispair! This has taken sometime (as all our projects have) but it will be worth the wait.

We started out simply modifying BIS' UH-60 model to make it a Mh-60. We soon realised that although this was acceptable, we wanted better. We wanted accurate....we wanted the best UH-60 available for OFP.

SelectThis then set about modelling a brand new UH-60 base model for us....from the GROUND UP! It is quite a complex beast to model but the results are oh so worth it.

The BIS UH60 was too small, ours is larger and closer to scale, we have some AMAZING cockpit textures and models that mimic the real thing (I'm not revealing the types of UH60s at this stage). The HIRSS vents on the engines were poorly modeled (although I'm sure on purpose to save polys for the early version engine pre-Resistance). More bumps and lumps have been modeled (such as the mounts for the ESSS "wings" that can be attached to the helo). Landing gear has been more accurately modelled.

Ebud is texturing these at the moment (his first vehicle I believe) and he is doing some outstanding work....simply breathtaking the amount of detail put into these textures.

Trust me on this, this UH-60 WILL set the standard for H-60s in OFP. It will surpass the BIS model by leaps and abounds.

The wait IS worth it. And once combined with our new SOAR pilots you will be very pleased. And the plus is...it really aint that far away from completion...we are closer than you probably expect. Although it appears all our energies are on the SEALS this is simply not true...perhaps to our detriment we focus on more than 1 project at any given time. I can count about 5-6 we have in development right now.

=====

And a teaser for the level of detail in modeling and textures is here:

uh60teaser.jpg

That looks like a good piece of work! smile_o.gif This maybe a noob question but are the wheels going to look better then the ones on the BIS Blackhawk? Those were less then terrific smile_o.gif

And a teaser for the level of detail in modeling and textures is here:

uh60teaser.jpg

Wow! A snowplow!

Guest jacobaby
... I can count about 5-6 we have in development right now...

Hey TS, dont forget to count on your other hand too.... biggrin_o.gif

I have stated this before and I will again....the new uh60 model is the best model I have seen for OFP. Bar none.

I only hope my scripts for it can live up to the beauty of the model.

Trust me, you will get MAD when the enemy shoot at your lovely chopper, we may even add a "Stand by and gawp at chopper" option, or even a "Polish Chopper" option.....

TJ

Sounds very nice ! can't wait to fly those in virtual world smile_o.gif

then i could compare it to the real life MH-60L i flown in Somalia smile_o.gif

i really hope this thing will come out soon

I know when it's comming!... When it done tounge_o.gif

It looks great!

/me cackles evily*

You guys are in for a treat, trust me wink_o.gif

Keep an eye out on the site in the next week or so, and you will be more than pleased smile_o.gif

dont make me bring out the Information minister, deadmeat, lol jk, u guys have been doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

for ur delta and ranger upgrades

why not enable them to parachute when the special function is set to flying

just a suggestion

since u guys LOVE scripts

it seems to take ages even with copy and paste to make about 24 deltas and rangers to parachute

love the chopper

been waiting for that

i was going the mh47 wasnt practical is some missions i was using ur deltas and rangers

specially on the somalia map

that was just a bullet maganet

Well they are jealous of your well-polished revolutionary chopper tounge_o.gif By the way i have put a P.I the whole BAS crew... Magnum is watching Deadmeat and those chicks from the telly series "deadly curves" are watching Eviscreator... funny i didn't even hire them tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]then i could compare it to the real life MH-60L i flown in Somalia

whoa, whats ur real neame CoolCarlos2002?PM me or dnt if its not allowed, but its pretty cool that u flew there. I sure hope u mean Task Force Ranger. hehe soz if im embarrasing my self.

the_unknown_one

hehe ur not bein sarcastic r u? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]or even a "Polish Chopper" option.....

Wow, i haven't realised that we're getting a MH60 Helicopter along with our brand new F16s.

KMC_MKII_MOD0.jpg

A Mk 11 Mod 0 for Seals rock.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

That mount? wouldn't last ten minutes with those springs, and it looks too flimsy. Its not like a 5.56mm weapon needs a bipod anyway. The just seems a little silly.

hmm..it's not a bad idea to have a load of projects at once, as if you have two or three people working on one addon and they have the same idea of what the end will be like, you dont get addons with bits that dont seem to fit into the general idea of the addon...

the only hing that happens when you have mroe than one project on the go is time, and the only people who care about that is the players..and i have lost all interrest in what they want! biggrin_o.gif lol

thats good spamming there jag...

The SR-25 is an accurised snipers weapon, and is actually a lot tougher than it looks in that pic.

Don't diss it, cos it'll still kill ya...

That mount? wouldn't last ten minutes with those springs, and it looks too flimsy. Its not like a 5.56mm weapon needs a bipod anyway. The just seems a little silly.

hmm..it's not a bad idea to have a load of projects at once, as if you have two or three people working on one addon and they have the same idea of what the end will be like, you dont get addons with bits that dont seem to fit into the general idea of the addon...

the only hing that happens when you have mroe than one project on the go is time, and the only people who care about that is the players..and i have lost all interrest in what they want!  biggrin_o.gif  lol

As far as I know the SR-25 is base on the Armalite AR-10 which is chambered for the 7.62X 51 NATO not the M855

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yeah, that was good spam wasnt it?

looking at the barrel, i dont imagine that weapon can be a 5.56 gun

@ DeadMeat: nothing will kill me tounge_o.gif

Hehe, wow! rock.gif

Seem to be a tad bit off on your info jag.

#1: The SR-25 (and MarkII Mod 0 Navy version) use the 7.62x51 round. .308 for us civvies tounge_o.gif

#2: That is a Harris Bipod, which is arguably one of the best brands made.

#3: Now I'm no sniper by any means, but the SR-25 is a sniper weapon, and as a sniper weapon and it think its safe to say having a bipod would come in handy when there is a need for long range shots.

Post not intended to flame in any manner, just trying to clear some things up. wink_o.gif

im sorry if i offend anyone but that bipod would break after five minutes if i used it! but then im a very rough man and i do a lot of shooting from the back of a moving land rover!

(God save the queen and all that stuff, by the way i've just got back from the last nite out im ever going to have at university and im very scared and extremely drunk!!!!, if anyone wants to give me a job as a design engineer on construction projects in the UK i would be very gratefull!)

P.S. Long live BAS

im sorry if i offend anyone but that bipod would break after five minutes if i used it! but then im a very rough man and i do a lot of shooting from the back of a moving land rover!

(God save the queen and all that stuff, by the way i've just got back from the last nite out im ever going to have at university and im very scared and extremely drunk!!!!, if anyone wants to give me a job as a design engineer on construction projects in the UK i would be very gratefull!)

P.S. Long live BAS

Good luck! You'll land on your feet.

Guest DKM-jaguar

I didnt know about that weapon, someone on the BAS IRc channel showed me a pic of the same weapon and said it was 5.56mm. I dont really care about US weapons anyway. BUT those springs being exposed like that, they'd snap. Theres no way you could keep them clean enough in a Battlefield for them not to sieze up.