Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ballistic addon studios

this isn't a question about bAS per se, but what stage of development is JAM in?

Any band with a name consisting of a word followed by a number should never, ever, ever be referred to as punk. Joe Strummer will strangle you in the afterlife!

Its on its second lot of internal beta, we're just refining the sounds now.

I was wondering...

is it possible to put a cargo position in the unoccupied pilots position and have that character assume a "piloting" animation? just so that the 1st cargo slot is the #2 seat and can be filled in the editor (if not done automatically)

non functioning and simply for immersive purposes... that empty chair looks kinda wierd

We tried doing this for the MH-47... but no matter what we tried, the new crew (we created 2 pilots and 2 crew chiefs) would simply NOT get in the helo. Plus, this method of adding new crew (by scripting it) would cause the helicopter to crash if it starts in the air - not so good  sad_o.gif

Unfortunately, because of the game engine, the second pilot seat, and the second crew seat WILL remain empty...

Some One Made a BlackHawk that does this, the first Cargo Position in stead of being in the back is the Co Pilot Seat, and it works well I think, just add a Pilot to the Blackhwaks Group in Cargo, andit's there the AI doesn't have any Problems with it. However if there wasn't another Pilot in the Group the First Man in the cargo would be in the Cargo seat, does that make scence?

We know what you mean, and it could be done... just seems a little pointless for a character that will sit there doing absolutely nothing, other than eating polys...

We know what you mean, and it could be done... just seems a little pointless for a character that will sit there doing absolutely nothing, other than eating polys...

lol true... but i was watching mail call and they were talking about the Laser thingy on the M4's that you use at night i forgot what its called, but little green dots are supposed to show up on the target. Will that be on the new m4's?

There would also be no way to control who got in the co-pilot/spare gunners seat, i think its a lot more unrealistic to have a grunt with no flight time sat at the controls of an MH-60 or sat at the controls of a minigun hes had no training for than just one SOAR pilot and one gunner.

That system is allready implemented as far as we can with the game engine (the RED aiming dot)

oh, and some news:

Something a little... out of the ordinary...

...for BAS anyway.

Well, its that time again. Another new project.

Only a small part of a much larger project, I would like to announce the BAS OPFOR UAZ Pack. This pack, along with a lot of other units, will finally provide our Delta/Ranger and 160TH SOAR Addons with a decent enemy.

Enough talk, pics!

UazR1s.jpg

UazR2s.jpg

UazR4s.jpg

UazR6s.jpg

UazR9s.jpg

UazR10s.jpg

As you can see, these addons are nearly ready to go, and are in beta test at the moment. Watch this space for more news!!!

Well lookin´nice indeed.

Hm 2 version one with Kord an one with PK ?

Hm 2 version one with Kord an one with PK ?

Close, one has a DShK, the other has a PK wink_o.gif

There are some more versions that you will find out about in due course.

When you say OPFOR how far are bas going into the OPFOR addons ie will there be bigger units than a UAZ or is basicaly soft skinned vehicles and troops?

When you say OPFOR how far are bas going into the OPFOR addons ie will there be bigger units than a UAZ or is basicaly soft skinned vehicles and troops?

You'll find out soon wink_o.gif

Isn't Blackdog making an armed UAZ pack?

So? rock.gif

You'll find out soon wink_o.gif

you know thats getting nearly as annoying as the DOD Teams "Soon" wow_o.gif :P

Another vehicle we are making for our OPFOR pack is the BRDM-2, although, bear in mind this is not meant to be a realistic representation of the real thing, it is a BIS model edited so that the hatch on the top is removed and a mounting system for a machinegun put in its place, there are other versions of this and the UAZ that we are not showing for several reasons, so for now there is only the Russian vehicles armed with either a DShK or a PK. Also shown is a DShK on a tripod, without sandbags, this is independant from any other addon, therefore needs no other addon to work, it was requested for quite a bit at the time of the Nam Pack release its just that none of us SEB members have had a chance to detach it from the pack since then.

_brdmR1.jpg

_brdmR2.jpg

_brdmR3.jpg

_brdmR4.jpg

_brdmR5.jpg

_dshk2.jpg

_uazR8.jpg

_uazR13.jpg

_uazR14.jpg

There are also several other 'OPFOR' vehicles in development, and im sure you'll hear more about them soon.

hmm how do you edit BIS models?

I remember a-lone-wolf was working on a tool that should allow this a long time ago but as far as I know it never got released.

So? rock.gif

"So? rock.gif" ?

Well Blackdog announces he's making armed UAZs and a coupla days later BAS announce that they are also making armed UAZs...

It's like the MI-2...One pack is released and within a day of this happening 2 more are released by a different person.Just seems to complicate things a tad bit having more than one addon of the same vehicle/unit,etc...

smile_o.gif

hmm how do you edit BIS models?

Painstakingly.

yeah that was the answer that I wanted. You could just say that you don't want to share that knowledge with me instead.

never mind...

So? rock.gif

"So? rock.gif" ?

Well Blackdog announces he's making armed UAZs and a coupla days later BAS announce that they are also making armed UAZs...

It's like the MI-2...One pack is released and within a day of this happening 2 more are released by a different person.Just seems to complicate things a tad bit having more than one addon of the same vehicle/unit,etc...

smile_o.gif

Actually this pack has been in the making since the Deltas/Rangers were released. It is a pack of OPosing FORces, to provide a decent, and ballenced enemy for the Delats/Rangers to fight.

Its just been a well kept secret until now, when we feel that the addons are at a suitable level of development to inform you of the project.

It was purely coincidence that Blackdog announced his pack at the same time. But as you can see from the follow up posts our team has been making, our pack includes a lot more than just UAZ's.

More "Bang for the buck" as they say wink_o.gif

Well, i had been asking around for a UAZ MG for a while, for game balance in general, and to use with some other bas projects. I asked around for a while, tried making my own, then eventually Deadmeat agreed to make it once he had breathing room from the Des Pack. From there it snowballed, as Evis was alreay invovled in the other projects. So we have our reasons for such vehicles, as it makes other things much more complete.

and that's why myself and rhs have stopped working on the uaz pack because of course everyone is a sucker for bas's addons smile_o.gif

and that's why myself and rhs have stopped working on the uaz pack because of course everyone is a sucker for bas's addons smile_o.gif

Think of it as one less addon you have to make wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif {;o*

YES!

This is what i want, big selections of addon all with a big friendly tag on it like BAS. Not loads of different things of varying quality.

We must standardise the addon community!