Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyFrog

Russian counterparts

Okay, me and KtottE was talking here the other day, about how we can't really use the addons from BAS in multiplayer, unless its co-operation.

So, i was thinking about, that it would be great with some russian counterparts, some spetsnatz, with modern russian weapons. Soo....

AN-94/AK-74M W/ PO3.5x21P OR ECS-1S-03 COBRA - M4 SOPMOD

BIZON-3 W/ ECS-1S-03 COBRA - MP5SD W/ AIMPOINT

PKM - M240

RPK-74M  (W/ PO3.5x21P) - M249 (SPW) (NOT REALLY)

SVDK  W/ 3-9x42 MINUTA SCOPE OR SV-98 W/ PKS-07 SCOPE -  M24

V-94 - M82

MR-443 GRACH -  M9/GLOCK 17

RPG-29 -  M136

And, maybe some extra stuff for the russians...?

VSS VINTOREZ

AS VAL

9A-91 W/ PK-01 COLLIMATOR SIGHT OR ECS-1S-03 COBRA + (SD)

VSK-94

BIZON-2 W/ ECS-1S-03 COBRA

SAIGA-12K  W/ ECS-1S-03 COBRA

SVU-A

I know that Red Force team made alot of those rifles, however, must of them dont have any sights/scopes, they have alittle poor quality textures and models.

Also, i've failed to find any really good quality, non-buggy spetsnatz addons out there.

Alot of the pictures are taken from Earl's great Spetsgruppa Vympel mod for Ghost Recon

I hope he will convert some (all wink.gif ) of these to OFP

Dunno, if its possible with some of the 'Soldier models' to?

Cheers, CrunchyFrog

That thing for ghost recon looks nice. If you could convert that stuff you'd be set. I'm confused on Russian politics with all the changes that have taken place. I read the news sometimes but since i've started reading the news russian stufff doesn't come up much. As far as I know what was once the U.S.S.R. is no more and there are little nations all split up. Russia refers to something like the land or the culture or people and not a certain government I think. Brush me up would you please?

I saw a really good MP team CTF with deltas vs. spetsnatz using some of the addons listed above on the new Aussie server.

If I can, I'll find you the name of the map.

You're describing exactly what I hope to do.  In fact, I'm working on some of that this very moment biggrin.gif    The main reason I want to do the USMC weapons now is for MP on Suchey's OFP server.  However, there's a special place in my heart for Russian small arms and it wouldn't be fair to set those Marines against crappy old soviet infantry.  Maybe I can convince Suchey to do a few Federatsiy  wink.gif

Regardless, I want to do a full weapon pack to match whatever I do for USMC.  You've outlined the comparisons pretty well.  It's all just a matter of time.

I have a project of mine (solo) for almost 4-5 months from now,it consists on making the entire Russian Army updated,

using my work combined with some of the best Russian addons released so far from our community, I didn't asked for permission to everybody yet, just to my addon makers friends but since the project is still under work I still have to decide which things to use and which things to change or completely replace regarding the weapons.

So far I've made the Regular Infantary,OMON,MVD,PARATROOPERS,AIRBORNE SPETZNATZ and SOBR, trying to match the textures as close as the islands and the real Cammo allows.

All with Woodland,Desert and in some cases City cammo, new models for almost all of them and totaly new textures for all.

I still need to do the Alpha Team and also to include snow textures,as I have time between BAS and my Private Life I keep on updating them.

For the weapons so far I have:

AKM,AKMGL,AKM with a rounded Mag (saw it from a pic and I absolutely loved it, just had to make it biggrin.gif ),AKM Drum feeded and AKM with Scope.

VAL.

VSS.

SVD Dragunov (a new model with a new Scope).

Groza,GrozaGL and Groza SD. (All with Scopes).

AK103 (with and whithout scope)

AK107 (with and whithout scope)

AK47 (Drum Feeded)

AK74 (Drum Feeded)

AKU74 (with Scope) and AKU74 SD (with scope).

Still to do,

A new Bizon, a new Machine Gun, maybe one or two more variants to the AKU74, Albakan and maybe one or two more weapons still to be decided.

Finding pictures of the weapons was really easy, I have a lot of photos from all angles to use as reference, however information about the Russian Army is something that seems to be lacking, I've tried to contact some Russian Addon Makers and also some Russian Soldiers but so far I had no luck, does anyone have a good website link or some information ragarding which soldiers use which weapons  confused.gif

Rus_Partizan has made some realy nice looking Russian weapons.

You can get them here:

http://west.flashpoint.ru/index.php?blogid=1&archive=2003-03

Also, SDOC has released some rather nice Russian Federation Special Forces which include SOBR, MVD, OMON, Spetznatz and Naval Infantry.

You can find them here:

http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/newsarchiv.php?newsstart=40

What about a SV-98 as a cunterpart to the M24?

Propably with another scope...

Edit: @ Evis Whoops, sorry my fault. Missed it somehow

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peanut @ Mar. 12 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about a SV-98 as a cunterpart to the M24?

Propably with another scope...<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

SVDK  W/ 3-9x42 MINUTA SCOPE OR SV-98 W/ PKS-07 SCOPE -  M24 <span id='postcolor'>

I was just wondering. Are there any russian firearms that aren't based on the Kalashnikov action?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AK103 (with and whithout scope)

AK107 (with and whithout scope)<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, AK10x's are made for export, and isnt by the army. Maybe special forces can get their hands on some, but it would be more likely to have AN-94 Abakans

And Skaven, no RPK-74(M)? The russian arsenal isnt near completion without it. 5.45x39mm drummags is VERY rare. so a AK-74(M) or RPK-74(M) with a drummag is a rare sight.

Also, the BIS "AT4", i cant seem to find what based it on? I think the russians only realistic up-to-date AT weapon is the RPG-7V1, it would be great with a RPG-29

btw. Its AKS-74U, not AKU74 wink.gif

If your gonna made OTs-14, is was only made for the MVD

AK-47 AND AKM?

maybe AKS-74, RPKS-74 and SVDS for the paratroopers?

would be great with a new PKM model, the BIS PK model is... ugly.

Also, a 9A-91 for the SOBR? I saw a documentary, i only saw them with 9A-91, VSK-94 and VSS, and PSS pistols.

Skaven, you can write me if you want some links to information etc. maybe I can help you out.

CrunchyFrog

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 12 2003,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Russia refers to something like the land or the culture or people and not a certain government I think.<span id='postcolor'>

No Russia? Man, does Vladimir Putin ring a bell? tounge.gif

Go to google and leave us alone wink.gif

Just kidding, but you really should brush up on your history and geography knowledge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 12 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the BIS "AT4", i cant seem to find what based it on?<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn´t exist, BIS made it up.

The real AT4 is a man-portable ATGM launcher that requires a crew of 3, not a bland, green tube.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/at4spigot.htm

biggrin.gif thanks for the help CrunchyFrog biggrin.gif

Basically what I need is to know which weapons to give to the units specified above.

I've been searching between my spear time from BAS and my RL for information. Besides some very useful information about SpetzNatz Units I need more good and reliable information.

EX:What weapons the Paratroopers use, which weapons the MVD use, which weapons the Alpha Team uses... .

I need to know it exactely like it is, I've managed to get hold on a lot of photos, from them I can have a generic idea but I need to have a good reliable source of information that grants me this kind of info, not just photos.

So far I've managed to find a lot of pics to work on the weapons and since I've been running this project for 4-5 Months, trust me I do have a lot of pics biggrin.gif However, I need info about the units loadout. If possible the names they use for their positions, the kind of squads/platoons and so on... .

With this informations and between my spear time between BAS and my Private Life I will certenaly finnish them a lot sooner confused.gif

Our VDV (Voenno Desantnie Voeska-Paratroopers), and some spetsnaz teams (Vityaz', Krechet...) mostly use AKS74's (the new ones, they are made of plastic, not wood,like the old ones, and they also have black magazines) AKS-74.jpg

they also use AK74/M's and most of them have a GP25/30...

and RPK74/M'S  or PKM'S, and SVD's (or SVDS for VDV)...

Regular MVD troops (Menti/Melitsiya-Police) use AK74U's, and PM's (Pistolet Makarova-Makarov HandGun). MVD Spetsnaz (Omon,Sobr...) use AK(S)74/M's, AKS74U's (AKS74U's arent that good, and most of them hate it, or at leats don't like 'em...), some OC14's, VSK94's, VSS, they also use RG6 (Revolvernii Granatomet-6/Revolver Grenade Launcher 6 RG6_40mm.jpg  

RPG18's (Muha) RPG18_Muha.jpg

Our Mahra (Regular Infantry) and Morpeh (Naval Infantry)

use lots of weapons, AK74's, AKS74's, AK74M's, AK74U's, SVD's, PKM's (Infantry Vzvod,Platoons or whatever you call it have PKMS's (Stankovii) PKMSN.jpg

(its a PKMSN (Stankovii Nochnoi) on the pic, but if youll lose the scope and some other stuff, than itll be a PKMS), RPK74/M's,RG6's,AGS17's,RPG7/18/22/29,RPO.....

also, every Infantry (Light Infantry) Group consist of 7-12 people, mainly riflemen (armed with Ak74's...), there are usually a few  people with a GP25/30 on their assault rifle, atleast one AT gunner (armed with RPO/RPG7/18/29..), a machinegunner (with a PK/M), and a sniper (SVD), almost all of them have  HandGrenades (F1, RGN, RGO..) also, if they go on a mission where they need lots of firepower, then every rifleman can be equipped with a GP25/30, RPG, RPK, or PKM...

ooohhhhh wow.gif

Thanks for the info mate, this is incredably detailed and is exactely what I was looking for, tell me something I think you didn't mention the AKM the VAL and the Albakan, they ain't used no more? or I missed something between the names of the weapons confused.gif

Do you have also use any machine gun, besides the PK and the ""customised" RPKs ?

Another thing, you think you can make me a short description of how the Russian Army is structered and the roles of each one of them, like the Omons,SpetzNatz,Sobr,MVD... I mean what exactely are the roles/missions of each one of them.

One thing that always confused me was the amount of SpetzNatz, for example you have MVD SpetzNatz,SpetzNatz only,Airborne SpetzNatz ... .

You think you could explain me this a little bit more detailed, when I'm working on my addons I like to have a good background knowledge on what I'm doing, and unfortunately I didn't find many websites in English explainning this.

If you can it would help me a lot, just in case you prefer and can help me my email is filpedro@hotmail.com Thanks wink.gif

Thanks for that info ZLOY. I have often wondered what weapons the various Russian units carried and that was very detailed. Hopefully you will have helped Skaven with his (amazing sounding) troop pack.  smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, looks like you certainly did help him. smile.gif

So, Skaven...

Any screenshots of your work? - Or is that too soon?

A guess on release date?

Thanks for the links Crunchy,they are very handy mate, as for pics I'll show them when my work is near the completition.

Release date? Well it depends on the work I have to make for BAS, but never less than 2 or 3 months,I'm making them slowly and with time, really no hush for release from me,I want to make them well, with as few bugs as possible, so it will take some time confused.gif

ive read so much shit about how people are gonna make 'more soviet weapons' or 'better soviet units' but ive never seen ALOT of it released, i guess you all think there isnt enough shit for west already. when maybe some of it comes out (doubtfull), ill take it seriously.

Well you have two choices mate,

one is making them yourself, this way you don't have to whait.

If you decide not to make them, than you have the last choice, you whait patientely until a kind addon maker decides to share his work with you wink.gif