Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyFrog

Russian counterparts

i really hate it when you say to make it yourself.. you expect everyone to be a genius at ofp editing. and i never said i wanted to make it myself, your the guys who are showing off the work, maybe YOU should be the one working on it instead of telling everyone else to. and if you give me that bullshit about how you make the shit for free for the "community" you made that fucking choice.

You know what, your right, I had an idea, I'm gonna make them now, than I'll post a bunch of pics for you to see how good they are, but than I'll only release them to my friends and to the addon makers,this way, you just don't have to whait cause you'll never get them.

Nice Idea uhh wink.gif I just decided not to release them wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Mar. 17 2003,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know what, your right, I had an idea, I'm gonna make them now, than I'll post a bunch of pics for you to see how good they are, but than I'll only release them to my friends and to the addon makers,this way, you just don't have to whait cause you'll never get them.

Nice Idea uhh  <!--emo&wink.gif I just decided not to release them  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

fine by me, was gonna happen like that in the end anyways.

edit: oh yeah, the only reason why you made this post was to try and piss me off by saying you wont release them because you knew i was right in my last post.

I'm not gonna argue with you cause I have better things to do, however I didn't start this post I just replied to it wink.gif

Case Closed biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Mar. 17 2003,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not gonna argue with you cause I have better things to do, however I didn't start this post I just replied to it  wink.gif

Case Closed  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

better things to do... like go realise i am right, ok.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 17 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Show some respect to the addonmakers dude.

Believe it or not, they don't owe you anything.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah they dont owe ME anything, but theres more people then just ME who want to see some stuff actually released for east/soviets. like i said earlier... they chose to make this stuff for free for us, and then wave it around for months and dont do anything else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Mar. 17 2003,12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 17 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Show some respect to the addonmakers dude.

Believe it or not, they don't owe you anything.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah they dont owe ME anything, but theres more people then just ME who want to see some stuff actually released for east/soviets. like i said earlier... they chose to make this stuff for free for us, and then wave it around for months and dont do anything else.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you absolutely blind?

Go here:

http://members.cox.net/johnnylump/OFPLinks.html

And look at all the stuff for the russians. Its easily as much as for the West.

Who said u have to be a genius to make addons?

Of cource u'll never fucking make anything if u never try. It's people like u that make modmakers think again about releasing stuff.

And stop complaining about the time it takes to make these addons as we cant (eg) give u a car with no engine and expect u to like riding it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah they dont owe ME anything, but theres more people then just ME who want to see some stuff actually released for east/soviets. like i said earlier... they chose to make this stuff for free for us, and then wave it around for months and dont do anything else.<span id='postcolor'>

addonmakers make things for their enjoyment, U think we sit for months sweating over a perfect model cause some Jonny from Australia wants one? This seriously pisses me off.

Anyway, back to topic:

Skaven u'r doing a great job and don't let whining people get on ur nerve.

Fonekill either lose the offensive, abusive attitude or you'll lose access to the forums, plain and simply, addon makers owe you nothing whatsoever.

Rest of you don't rise to the bait please, if someone is being a moron report them to one of us and we'll deal with them, better than you getting yourselves into trouble as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 17 2003,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fonekill either lose the offensive, abusive attitude or you'll lose access to the forums, plain and simply, addon makers owe you nothing whatsoever.

Rest of you don't rise to the bait please, if someone is being a moron report them to one of us and we'll deal with them, better than you getting yourselves into trouble as well.<span id='postcolor'>

ive already said they dont owe me anything you dumb fucking shithead, and i dont want anything released because it wont happen anyways and dont dont give me that bullshit about how you make it for you own enjoyment because why the fuck would you put up websites about it and post it in these DUMBASS forums about it? ban me already so i can stop posting on this fucking forum

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Mar. 17 2003,22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ive already said they dont owe me anything you dumb f-<span id='postcolor'>

and thats about the point, when reading it, that Placebo will click the ban button

I was amused with the total lack of IQ until...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but theres more people then just ME who want to see some stuff actually released for east/soviets<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT!? open your eyes boy, it's all east stuff lately. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Mar. 17 2003,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ive read so much shit about how people are gonna make 'more soviet weapons' or 'better soviet units' but ive never seen ALOT of it released, i guess you all think there isnt enough shit for west already. when maybe some of it comes out (doubtfull), ill take it seriously.<span id='postcolor'>

Where did you come from? About 6-8 months ago when certain developments in OFP came about none of us knew a thing about making addons for OFP. How long do you expect it to take the editing community to figure out all this stuff? Theres alot to learn and when you start out not having a clue what your doing it takes time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and i never said i wanted to make it myself, your the guys who are showing off the work, maybe YOU should be the one working on it instead of telling everyone else to.<span id='postcolor'>

You could just do like the rest of us and learn something. That is if your not to ignorant to read the very easy to follow tutorials put out by many of the better addon makers around here. I challange you to not be such an arrogant ass and sit down for 1 day and try to learn how to do something as simple as installing o2 and looking at some of the demo models. Look at how much work has to be done just to create a simple basic addon like was used in the OFP demo. Its alot of work. Give us a break.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah they dont owe ME anything, but theres more people then just ME who want to see some stuff actually released for east/soviets. like i said earlier... they chose to make this stuff for free for us, and then wave it around for months and dont do anything else. <span id='postcolor'>

Ok, once again it takes TIME! Do you expect everyone that is making an addon to quit their jobs and put their lives, family, friends on hold just to make a addon for you? If this is the case then wow, to bad. Go get a cookie and watch TV, you got a long wait.

I just wanted to get my 2 cents in before this was locked down and burried with the rest of them....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Mar. 17 2003,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ban me already so i can stop posting on this fucking forum<span id='postcolor'>

Wish granted smile.gif

And a 48 PR for Placebo for insluting a fellow board member by implying that he is a moron, under forum rule 1§1  tounge.gif  j/k he deserved it!

Back to the topic, i dont really see the problem with stuff like "can't use the deltas as enemy cause they too good" or "cause they can heal themselves".

Just after release while playing mp some bas members had a few rounds of a player vs player map, and both sides could win the map. Even when it was ak's vs m249 and M24s, it was still possible to win as the east. Sure the deltas take more hits to take them down (unless they get hit in the head), but it didnt really make it impossible to fight them.

Game balance is one thing, advantages / disadvantages are another.

When i first started mission making i use to play force on force maps in lan games with MAF T72s vs MAF M1A1. The M1A1 outclassed the t72s badly, but that was the fun. Such as teaming up as the east to lure away and pound lone abrams, or as the west finding ways to exploit the superior power.

So its not like the Deltas can't be used in VS stuff, it just a different type of gameplay to fight them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 18 2003,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a 48 PR for Placebo for insluting a fellow board member by implying that he is a moron, under forum rule 1§1  tounge.gif  j/k he deserved it!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I said "if" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (johnnylump @ Mar. 18 2003,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">/Me/: Thanks Evis for the site plug.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh np, its a great site for finding links quickly when trying to help people find an addon, or for someone looking for addons to download, so great job smile.gif

I agree. I only discovered it recently but it's a great site for quickly finding links to addons and seeing what's available for all the different nations. smile.gif