Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Well since we all have a private life, family, friends, university, school, work... all factors that can sometimes interrupt projects a bit.

Not to mention the probs with the olds hosts, Forums is not even near as active as it was before ( this not even involves the public area of it ).

But still theres stuff that is being worked on, cant give any release dates cause youll never know what happens next.

To name some stuff:

T-55 update, without Reador availeable for a while we were a bit stuck, but you can expect the scripts to work much better, having cannon recoil, suspension effects and other lil fixes, personally i think we should add a North Vitnamese T54 and 55 with Orange coloured mudsplashes on it

Infantry pack, will include Motor Rifle units, army recon units, winter units, basic stuff like soldiers without gear for cutscenes and other small stuff

Preview, Officer and Machinegunner

UAZ Pack, will have  a lot of versions, for example open UAZ with rollcage, windschield down and a PKM mounted... also Civillian version, rebel version bla bla

Ka-60 Kasatka, army variant, naval variant and maybe Ka-62 ( Civillian )

Gaz-66 Truck pack, will come in many many versions, Fuel, Radar, Repair, Troop and some others

There are other small things being worked on but those are the ones wich have the best progress atm.

Oh and i think if the t55 update shows that the scripts and other features now work fine then its no prob to release the other tanks soon cause they can use most scripts and features from it... we only need to add numbers,symbols and tankriders

The www.redhammerstudios.com adress leads still to the old host, dont know why have to check

You can still reach us on http://redhammer.ofpr.com

Infantry pack, will include Motor Rifle units, army recon units, winter units, basic stuff like soldiers without gear for cutscenes and other small stuff

Preview, Officer and Machinegunner

Awsome! wow_o.gif

That looks like a foto! Did you rewok that screen in Photoshop?

Mfg MEDICUS

All i done is brighten it up by 15% and add 5% contrast, i always do that cause my ofp screens are always very dark.

The VSR cammo is made with pics ive taken of one of the uniforms i have in my lil collection thats why it looks so real.

The flora cammo the officer is wearing is handpainted, it needs to be redone a bit i think, too many folds.

FInal pack will contain many many variants...

Good news shadow - I'm sure once the releases start rolling out you guys will be like the East version of BAS, and everyone will be using your units in their missions. smile_o.gif

Just read your post again ... and saw that :

Quote[/b] ]UAZ Pack, will have  a lot of versions, for example open UAZ with rollcage, windschield down and a PKM mounted... also Civillian version, rebel version bla bla

Gaz-66 Truck pack, will come in many many versions, Fuel, Radar, Repair, Troop and some others

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

That's really cool! Especially the Ka-60 Kasatka!

East really needs more good choppers since BAS released their Pavehawks (and the Littlebird-Update hopefully soon smile_o.gif )

Mfg MEDICUS

Btw: What's the difference between the Gaz-66 and a  Zil-130/131? (Sorry, stupid question, but i've really no idea  sad_o.gif )

Just read your post again ... and saw that :
Quote[/b] ]UAZ Pack, will have a lot of versions, for example open UAZ with rollcage, windschield down and a PKM mounted... also Civillian version, rebel version bla bla

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

That's really cool! Especially the Ka-60 Kasatka!

East really needs more good choppers since BAS released their Pavehawks (and the Littlebird-Update hopefully soon smile_o.gif )

Mfg MEDICUS

Btw: What's the difference between the Gaz-66 and a Zil-130/131? (Sorry, stupid question, but i've really no idea sad_o.gif )

Well one is a large jeep the GAZ 66 from mid 60s, cabover design the Zill is more common normal truck design produced about the early 60 to the mid 90s seeing time in Afganistan. More like a 5 ton truck than jeep.

http://legion.wplus.net/guide/army/tr/gaz66.shtml

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/4546/zil130.html

Both are still highly popular and used the world over. For both military and Civilain aplications.

Eagerly looking forward to the Infantry pack. smile_o.gif Looks excellent!

Personally i think we should add a North Vitnamese T54 and 55 with Orange coloured mudsplashes on it.

Infantry pack, will include Motor Rifle units, army recon units, winter units, basic stuff like soldiers without gear for cutscenes and other small stuff.

I think that is a good idea too, it works with the implemented "setlogo-feature" but a version with orange/red dust and or mud would be much better and easier for the end user.

The infantry pack is looking VERY promising, very nice texturework! Especially the flora camo, looks realistic I think, but as you said too many creases and folds. But even with those it looks great. Also, I hope you will be able to make some untis that are in more formal uniforms.

And one last remark, a llittle nit-pick if you wish. Will the hands be changed into the games standard ones? Personally I think they look a little bit too colorful. But I suppose that it's just me.

As said, GREAT work. Looking forward to these units biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait for that. The Ka-60 is the one chopper that I've wanted to see most in OFP, yet nobody has made one. It's about the most attractive looking chopper around. I'm really glad to hear that one is finally being made.

Strange but I think the exact opposite thing.I like this hands alot better then the normal ones maybe a little less brightness but compared with the originals that look like they`re from a decomposing body...

Btw is Laser the one working on this soldiers?

Btw yes. The seperate parts of this models and textures belongs to ORCS and Laser. So this is a sort of mod assist. We help them - they help us etc.)

Thats one of the reasons why i rather wanted to wait with any news.

Have to disagree, these troops are made privatly by Laser in no connection with ORCS Development studios, textures are made by laser same goes for the model, some textures are from photos wich belong to the person taking the picture, cammo textures are my property.

Helmet model and other lil things are property of SeaDemon.

When this was started we had an 100% only RHS agreement.

Please dont start a discussion i dont want to play the same games like with the crew, thx in advance.

The ka-60 is a joint project between us and a very well known modmaker whos addons u all have and love, and I'm not saying more. It absolutely looks unbelievable smile_o.gif

The ka-60 is a joint project between us and a very well known modmaker whos addons u all have and love, and I'm not saying more. It absolutely looks unbelievable smile_o.gif

And it is a much needed addon too, there's plenty of good helos for west but i never saw any really good air transportation for east other than small mi2 and the havoc.

East desperatly needs a cool way to insert spetsnaz in the field, good news smile_o.gif .

and remember t-55's younger better looking brother is in the works aswell wink_o.gif

Whitch one is that? the t-54 is his "older" brother, right?

Mfg MEDICUS

Soul is it BAS huh? biggrin_o.gif

I cant wait to get a decent russian helo in apart from the Mi-28 that is.

well t-55+7 = t-62 wink_o.gif

Well, i see. I think i've to learn a little bit more about russian tanks ... thx for the info  smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Can You make soldiers with USSR sings, not only Russian Federation? It woud be great, see your troops in Retaliation Champion...

I agree with sniperuk02 - it's probably PSC. Either him or AKM74.

*slaps a tenner down*

What are my odds on those two? biggrin_o.gif

Can You make soldiers with USSR sings, not only Russian Federation? It woud be great, see your troops in Retaliation Champion...

I saw some other team working on Coldwar era VDV units, so i dont know maybe they also work on normal infantry, dont wanna double our work if theres a chance they release coldwar infantry before us.