Wiki

New informations or announcement soon?

I am really missing an ingame editor like eden. This was the pinnacle of sandbox and this was the reason i put so much hours into arma 1, arma 2 and arma 3. As a start they could at least make it possible to have multiple save games in the "Game Master" mode, which would already help a little bit and act as an "editor", FOR NOW.

• Like 1

Thing don’t get is - why all the vagaries and subterfuge. Obviously a huge question on arma’s players minds - it’s not like the devs aren’t aware these are our concerns

and really not one question during the Q&A - starting to feel bamboozled over my purchase 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EO said:

The Enfusion Workbench, launched through Arma Reforger Tools, should be looked upon as the new Editor, it just looks a little complicated and not user friendly at the moment.

Still trying to figure out how to place anything down. This looks more like what it's called. A world editor, rather than a mission editor.

1 minute ago, aviatormoser said:

Still trying to figure out how to place anything down. This looks more like what it's called. A world editor, rather than a mission editor.

Yeah they can't sell this as our new mission editor, i mean come on. this is way too complex for a mission editor. I'd rather have the possibility to use the "Game Master" / Zeus mode as a mission editor which would be a possible quickfix, IF they would give is the possibility to create multiple save games for it.

Yeah I think maybe releasing a basic guide to Workbench may have been a good idea.... think most people are very used to playing about in Arma editors ..

...would be interesting if it's possible to mod the main menu or how the game master works. So a modder just could enable multiple save games for it so we could use it as a sort of ingame mission editor

Has anyone worked out how to open the map and start doing anything? I seem to just open in the middle of the sea? Cheers

1 minute ago, petek said:

Yeah I think maybe releasing a basic guide to Workbench may have been a good idea.... think most people are very used to playing about in Arma editors ..

Well i bet some youtubers are already working on some tutorials, but then again, i just played around in the workbench. it's just not comfortable to create missions in it. Maybe it just needs some time to get used to it, but i don't really like the idea of creating missions in a modding editor.

1 minute ago, petek said:

Has anyone worked out how to open the map and start doing anything? I seem to just open in the middle of the sea? Cheers

Yeah you have to load a terrain and then create a spawn point on the island. Very tedious, like i said, SHOULD NOT be our mission editor. i already send feedback for this via facebook, ingame and i hope they listen to this. or at least read our conversation in here. are the devs active in here?

• Like 1

I would say to the people that want a 3d editor like Eden, and want to play as a single player, to hold off buying the game until we get more answers on whether, or not the workbench can be used as a 3d editor, and if single player content can be made.

• Like 1

Just now, stburr91 said:

I would say to the people that want a 3d editor like Eden, and want to play as a single player, to hold off buying the game until we get more answers on whether, or not the workbench can be used as a 3d editor, and if single player content can be made.

From what i have seen in my minutes in the workbench, you COULD create some coop and singleplayer missions by placing AI and giving them waypoints to patrol. 

• Like 1

Wait until the wiki's get posted up on all this stuff. I do feel they just threw this out there, and everyone is scrambling to figure it.

Discord is useless right now, as post are flying. You can't keep up. I am downloading now, as I need all 12 months to figure out stuff until Arma 4. LOL.

6 minutes ago, dave_pilot said:

From what i have seen in my minutes in the workbench, you COULD create some coop and singleplayer missions by placing AI and giving them waypoints to patrol. 

You're miles ahead of where I'm at....flailing around trying to find a list of units to put down.

6 minutes ago, aviatormoser said:

You're miles ahead of where I'm at....flailing around trying to find a list of units to put down.

I couldn't see a "repeat" waypoint tho, so they won't repeat their route after they reached the last waypoint... which would be ideal in singleplayer coop missions. but i am sure this would be possible with some scripting, but yeah... way too complicated just for creating missions...

Well, I figured out how to put down a phone booth. I'm gonna call that a huge win. Waiting for a proper tutorial. This is orders of magnitude more complicated than 3Den.

I'm gonna pass this game and wait for Arm4

1 hour ago, aviatormoser said:

Well, I figured out how to put down a phone booth. I'm gonna call that a huge win. Waiting for a proper tutorial. This is orders of magnitude more complicated than 3Den.

your doing better than me mate - I still can't load the bloody Island! 😉

So, is there any place where the information from the announcement is collected in text form? I don't do Twitch, and I prefer reading to videos anyway. From what I've gathered, Reforger is some sort of a glorified MP/tech demo for Enfusion, which is fair enough, but was there anything else said in the announcement?

1 hour ago, dave_pilot said:

way too complicated just for creating missions...

1 hour ago, aviatormoser said:

This is orders of magnitude more complicated than 3Den.

6 minutes ago, petek said:

your doing better than me mate - I still can't load the bloody Island! 😉

Wow this sounds pretty rough editor-wise... still got my fingers crossed though.

I guess it's going to be a while before anyone can say, but I'm really curious how these "simplified AI" (per Drewski's phrasing) hold up for basic infantry combat and path-finding?  Also has anyone managed to get an AI into a car to see how he drives?

A lot of folks seem to have made some assumptions about Reforger. D's video makes things pretty clear, quickly explaining what it isn't, then explaining in depth what it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

when i read that reforger feels arcade - i feel very sad. Arma legacy is pushing the simulation and realism, making it arcade would mean that its lost its way. That would be bad for the brand legacy. Anyway - i await more feedback and reviews before buying this

edit -

i bought it and it is pretty damn good in fact. There are a few things that come across as arcade immediately like the fast movement speed and ability to fire full auto with very little recoil (ak tested only so far and the recoil system is very outdated compared to the more accurate way some newer game portray it with more snap and speed), plus the colours seem over bright/saturated soemhow.

But there are sooo many great things here. such an evolution! And it uses cold war assets and no made up futuristic technology. Makes the experience so much more visceral and immediate.

Really nice job BIS. Keep on pushing the simulation angle that made arma amazing to new extremes here and itll be absolutley special.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, twisted said:

But there are sooo many great things here.

It is literally full of features/feature changes that folks have been clamoring for since OFP. It bodes very well for A4.

And so many of the top criticisms are things that likely just haven't been refined yet. 

50 minutes ago, twisted said:

movement speed

and stances are on the mouse wheel! How great is that!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harzach said:

A lot of folks seem to have made some assumptions about Reforger. D's video makes things pretty clear, quickly explaining what it isn't, then explaining in depth what it is.

Wow I recommend everyone watch this fully. It should be the official explainer of whats been released. Overall, without any playthru yet -im very encouraged with the progresses here ie the Lighting (!), Shadows, PiP scopes, streams (!) vehicle handling, and YES even the AI stuff. Apparently they now react to things on their own like a truck racing at them, they can fire while moving, and navigate the landscape far better. Im curious what happened to the Action Menu (vomits), of course its good not to see it but where are actions such as Detonate stored?

Also good to see the Original Ol Man hisself -Marek at the meeting

5 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

where are actions such as Detonate stored?

Pure speculation on my part, since we don't yet have such devices, but based on what we DO have, I'd expect you'd need to equip a det trigger and "fire" it, just like IRL. Similar to how you actually have to hold your compass in your hand to use it.

It seems like all "actions" as we know them will be context/object-based.

• Like 1