Sign in to follow this  
mr. Duck

Bienvenue au france (eh...)

Frenchpoint has released some French infantry, me is still busy downloading so I haven't tested them yet. Anyway, here's the link.

weapons

infantry

edit:

For the download just scroll down.

Oh my... I'm a yank, but I must say that this addon is quite good!!! Excellent soldier models, great textures, and great weapons! The Eryx missile is absolutely incredible!!! It is actually a working SACLOS missile that follows the point at which you aim at and will change direction if you aim at a different target. It's absolutely brilliant! I really hope that addon makers will use the addon as a template for making realistic TOW, MILAN, AT-3 Sagger(SACLOS version), and Dragon anti-tank missiles because it is absolutely amazing how it works and requires the AT gunner to work harder hitting moving targets. I've yet to see how the AI use it though.

smile.gif

At any rate, while these French troops are not marked as Foreign Legion, I'm sure that won't stop mission makers from using them as such.

It would be cool to make some missions simulating Ivory Coast rescue missions, or other similar missions in former African colonies. Now only if we had some good African style Jungle and Desert maps. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 13 2003,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh my... I'm a yank, but I must say that this addon is quite good!!!  Excellent soldier models, great textures, and great weapons!  The Eryx missile is absolutely incredible!!!  It is actually a working SACLOS missile that follows the point at which you aim at and will change direction if you aim at a different target.  It's absolutely brilliant!   I really hope that addon makers will use the addon as a template for making realistic TOW, MILAN, AT-3 Sagger(SACLOS version), and Dragon anti-tank missiles because it is absolutely amazing how it works and requires the AT gunner to work harder hitting moving targets.   I've yet to see how the AI use it though.  

smile.gif

At any rate, while these French troops are not marked as Foreign Legion, I'm sure that won't stop mission makers from using them as such.

It would be cool to make some missions simulating Ivory Coast rescue missions, or other similar missions in former African colonies.   Now only if we had some good African style Jungle and Desert maps.  sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I think Djibouti (say that word out loud, it's fun! JA-BOOTIE! lol!wink.gif )would be a great place for a good Frech/French Foreign Legion campaign. With a good desert map, Somali-like vehicles and a couple more of these Op Frenchpoint addons you'd have a fantastic set of battles. Anyone interested in working on this one?  wink.gif

Very good addon. Some points...

1. When I played as the patrol officer, my character had the generic OFP face (man with goatee). This did not occur on any of the other soldier models I tried.

2. The Eryx is great.

3. I had a small LOD problem at 20m or so, where there was a bit of a white line where the belt ought to be when two soldier models were viewed from the rear. Possibly something on my end.

4. Do FAMAS rifles really sound like that?

5. The Minimi is kind of generic - sound wise and it's simply listed as "MGun" next to the ammo count.

6. No soldiers groups!

Overall: 8.5/10

WOW, these are excellent. how cool is the ERYX, my jaw dropped when i tested it at a BMP, the missile swerved to the left then homed in on the BMP.

the famas is very accurate upto 300m, i was getting kills from the iron sites.

the sounds do need abit of beefing tho. i think the famas needs a really punchy loud noise for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Feb. 14 2003,07:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very good addon. Some points...

1. When I played as the patrol officer, my character had the generic OFP face (man with goatee). This did not occur on any of the other soldier models I tried.

2. The Eryx is great.

3. I had a small LOD problem at 20m or so, where there was a bit of a white line where the belt ought to be when two soldier models were viewed from the rear. Possibly something on my end.

4. Do FAMAS rifles really sound like that?

5. The Minimi is kind of generic - sound wise and it's simply listed as "MGun" next to the ammo count.

6. No soldiers groups!

Overall: 8.5/10<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the report.

1. Face problem reported by other pple, add-on issue.

3. Me too and other team members when we tried the mission AFTER the release sad.gif . We do not know how it appeared... I did not have it before. The last minute changes may have caused this.

4. Errrrm...mmmhhh.... I don't know! tounge.gif I'll ask Bobmoran about this, buit I think it is taken from real recording.

6. You're right, our fault sad.gif

About the Eryx guidance, it is nothing really new, just someting dug up from original BIS AT4 and Carl Gustav, which are handled the same way. They are just less maneuvrable (but can go farther) than Eryx, so it is not as obvious, but AT4 & CG are SACLOS wire guided in game.

Whis'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 14 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those look nice. I'm sure Ran will be nuts about this. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

WEEEEE WEEEEEEEE WEEEE

cool smile.gif

testing 'em now

I couldn't find the new "automatic drop gun and run" animation, which I thought they promised? Well, maybe I have to re-download tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 14 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't find the new "automatic drop gun and run" animation, which I thought they promised? Well, maybe I have to re-download tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Feb. 14 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 14 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't find the new "automatic drop gun and run" animation, which I thought they promised? Well, maybe I have to re-download tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

shaddap

anyway , these soldiers rock , but the only thing i didn't like was the FAMAS sound , maybe a little bit too week

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 14 2003,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't find the new "automatic drop gun and run" animation, which I thought they promised? Well, maybe I have to re-download tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL indeed. biggrin.gif

Controversial... but true. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 14 2003,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't find the new "automatic drop gun and run" animation, which I thought they promised? Well, maybe I have to re-download tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No no...

Only "use brain before acting" is implemented... wink.gif

Hum, if there's to be a later version I'll wait for that. I can't be doing with addons for troops with no groups. Does me head in.

That said I reckon the French make a welcome change from the usual infantry addons.

I await the next version eagerly.

Yup, just tested them and I like em. This one's a keeper (only the next version will replace it).

Minor issues:

Same stuff like most people said, that white line in the mid. I could see it clearly when they where walking in combat mode.

By the why, maybe a stupid question, does the M249SAW sound the same like the minimi? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 14 2003,08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the why, maybe a stupid question, does the M249SAW sound the same like the minimi?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Um... maybe this is too easy, or your asking a different question... but, the M249 SAW is the American version of the FN Minimi. They are pretty much the same weapon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 14 2003,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yup, just tested them and I like em. This one's a keeper (only the next version will replace it).

Minor issues:

Same stuff like most people said, that white line in the mid. I could see it clearly when they where walking in combat mode.

By the why, maybe a stupid question, does the M249SAW sound the same like the minimi?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't think the M249SAW sounded at all like the little bald midget from the Austin Powers movies. wink.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 14 2003,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 14 2003,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yup, just tested them and I like em. This one's a keeper (only the next version will replace it).

Minor issues:

By the why, maybe a stupid question, does the M249SAW sound the same like the minimi?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't think the M249SAW sounded at all like the little bald midget from the Austin Powers movies.    wink.gif

Chris G.

crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 14 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 14 2003,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yup, just tested them and I like em. This one's a keeper (only the next version will replace it).

Minor issues:

I didn't think the M249SAW sounded at all like the little bald midget from the Austin Powers movies.    wink.gif

Chris G.

biggrin.gif

Yaya, thanks for the answers dudes

sad.gif Hmmm....I managed to download the weapons but I can't get the infantry....I use Flashget.When I click on link, Flashget starts downloading but finishes the download after 2kb... sad.gif