When the normal Prairie Fire napalm effects end, there is no visible damage to trees, bushes, grass and buildings.  This is bad for immersion. This script improves on that by detecting where the napalm bombs impact, and replacing trees, bushes and buildings with burnt and burning trees/bushes/buildings.  These scripts work for airstrikes called via the Air Support module or airstrikes created via scripts.

Download sample mission

Credits:

• @aliascartoons for his excellent Fire scripts.  All fires on trees, bushes, buildings, vehicles and men are created using his scripts.  Thank you Alias!  (I have modified these slightly to use arma sounds so the sample mission does not require his sound files or description.ext)
  • @pierremgi for pointing me to the Prairie Fire airstrike scripts.

How to add to your mission:

...I will add in these instructions tomorrow!  🙂

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Johnny does it again.

I really like the effects of this, it really does make the awesome napalm strikes in SOG PF even better. 

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNH-8zilTCs

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Awesome! Hope this is MP compatible.

Thanks man.  MP untested, so maybe...

Absolute a masterpiece once again JohnnyBoy

Thanks alot

• Like 1

love your work Johnnyboy, I feel like you might be the guy who can figure out how to get blufor to move in a tunnel..or is that a bridge too far.

either way, I feel like a number of your scripts including that beautiful, men moving through rice paddys, will make their way into my missions.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 6:33 AM, lightspeed_aust said:

love your work Johnnyboy, I feel like you might be the guy who can figure out how to get blufor to move in a tunnel..or is that a bridge too far.

either way, I feel like a number of your scripts including that beautiful, men moving through rice paddys, will make their way into my missions.

Thanks mate.  Regarding the tunnels, you could record multiple AI paths for my AI movement scripts, but it would be a lot of work.

Thanks bud, yeh a lot of work particularly in those huge tunnel structures. Will have a think about a work around, perhaps teleporting the AI along the tunnel as you move along, maybe attach one to yourself so it simulates following, just to retain the immersion.