Custom animated gear and U/C bay doors

Various custom warning lights

Other animated bits

Animated and working afterburner effects

3 versions: Sidewinder, Sidewinder and rockets, Mk82 Ground attack

http://www.kevbaz.com/Falklands/A4Skyhawk.zip

KevBaz

www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Very cool addon. I've always loved the old version but this one is much nicer. However one little thing that kinda sucks... The Mk-82 version is extremely inaccurate. The bombs don't even land anywhere close to the target. They usally land 500 meters short of the target. I hope you guys fix that otherwise the bomber version is useless unless the player is flying it. But other then that the other A4's perform very nicely. Keep up the excellent work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think the AI's problems with bombs are inherant to the game.

Maybe what would be best is if there was a player version of the plane with bombs, and an AI version which features semi guided versions of the same bombs to simulate some degree of accuracy that the AI alone can't manage.

Afterburner?!? In an A-4 Skyhawk?!? Sidewinders in centerline stations?!? Oh come on!!

hehe nice plane man .

but i'm actually waitng for the harrier

fw_cvt3.jpg

Do u release that helo at the right bottom 2 ??

no the LYNX wil not be released i dont think, untill the mod is complete of course wink.gif

the afterburner idea is really nice!!!!! It can be use to many planes biggrin.gif

Umm,...Im pretty sure that an A4 has no afterburner.

however,...It IS an incredibly nice addon.

It looks like your sidewinders are WAY to manuverable. In an A4 on A4 dogfight, every single sidewinder found it's mark without error....even if that meant it had to make several 180 degree turns and come back at it's target after missing the previous time. Watching sidewinders circle another plane is kinda fun though....

LOL! Argentina's secret fighter upgrade: A4 with an afterburning engine, armed with AIM-9X Sidewinders and the ability to carry over 1500 pounds of bombs on the outer wing pylons! biggrin.gifcrazy.gif

Thanks for the feedback on this. The afterburner effect was an experiment and as i was working on the a4 at the time decided that it would be a good way to get it trialled by this public beta. A final version will be released just before the Falkland's mod release. More information is on my website at:

DC3D Computer Game Modelling Zone, and in the accompanying readme file when the addon is installed.

And, no the argies are not having a/bs on their aircraft.

As for the loadouts.. well I am always open to technical advise smile.gif

Nice, but the AIM-9s while may being too agile, are WAY too slow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Jan. 31 2003,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL! Argentina's secret fighter upgrade: A4 with an afterburning engine, armed with AIM-9X Sidewinders and the ability to carry over 1500 pounds of bombs on the outer wing pylons!  biggrin.gif  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

m8 instead of being sarcastic and critical, try and show some appreciation for something that was made for the community...... confused.gif

We didn't have to release this unit.. The Skyhawk was made for the Argentine airforce in the Falklands mod, we released it with US decals and a few experimental things so we could give something back to the community. confused.gif

Hey Ash, this thing is heaps of fun. I also like the slower 'winders as it adds to the cinematic feel of firing them in 3rd person. After an initial play though, I've found that the landing autopilot does not lower the landing gear, yet the plane lands as if it's down anyway. Quite amusing, but the good colonel may want to add it to his bug list for the next version. Another LG bug is that when you initially preview a mission with the plane in it, the lnading gear begins raised - I'm not sure if the two bugs are directly interlinked.

And whoever did the texturing... very nice - highly detailed, yet not too "clean" and they fit in with the standard without sticking out. Well done!

Cheers.

Ok, I admit I might have been out of line. I was just wondering why the team went thru such trouble adding features on an aircraft that shouldn't have them, and nobody else ever noticed this. However i DO think that the afterburner is a good invention. And i really DO like this addon. It just needs some flaws corrected. I didn't mean to be ungrateful for this addon, and if I was, I'm sorry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Jan. 31 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the AI's problems with bombs are inherant to the game.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree. When AI use the bombs on DKM's Bronco, they usually find their mark.

I have to agree with the others about the Sidewinders, I don't think they missed anything I aimed at, from an Su-25 to a Sopwith Camel  wink.gif

But I realise this is a beta, and I'm sure you guys are open to suggestions about improving it. Nice work. icon14.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 01 2003,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Jan. 31 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the AI's problems with bombs are inherant to the game.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree. When AI use the bombs on DKM's Bronco, they usually find their mark.

I have to agree with the others about the Sidewinders, I don't think they missed anything I aimed at, from an Su-25 to a Sopwith Camel  wink.gif

But I realise this is a beta, and I'm sure you guys are open to suggestions about improving it. Nice work. icon14.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Like Major Fubar said, the bombs are not an AI problem. They are a problem with this addon. Not only does the OV-10 addon bomb accurately, so does the A-6, and the Tornado addons. Actually almost all the aircraft addons with bombs that I've tried have bombed accurately when the AI is flying them... by accurate I mean that the bombs landed close enough to the target to do some dammage.

As for the missiles... I liked them. As for their accuracy...well there's a solution to that.... flares... smile.gif

Try shooting down one of the Mig-29 or Mig-25 addon fighter aircraft.... not very easy. I really like the way the missile drops down before shooting off towards the target also. smile.gif

Overall I really like this addon. Sure the weapons loadout could be made more realistic and perhaps the afterburner is not realistic, but I still think it's a lot of fun and looks very cool!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Bronco bombs accurately but it has issues with firing Hydras (as in it doesn't point the nose of the plane at the target). The new F18s can't use bombs properly either, nor do the B52 or B1 addons, though I understand that some of those are betas.

What's the secret to accurate AI bombing?

Another bug is that I can see the pilot through the engine exhaust. Phew he must be hot in that cockpit!

love the bird...but i got 2 points real quick...

1) In MP mode i cant get the burner action to appear thus my afterburner wont light off.

2) in MP mode my landing gear keeps deploying without me telling it too.

other than this the planes are superb. love them.

thx in advance for listening

black__bird

Colonel

Joint Forces Commander

[sTO] StRiKe Tactical Operations

http://www.stogroup.net