max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I haven't read much about this, so don't yell at me, but I got an idea. Weapon slings?

I haven't read much about this, so don't yell at me, but I got an idea. Weapon slings?

Hi, i moved your post to the right place. Regarding weapon slings, while it might be a nice cosmetic feature, I can just see it causing a lot of problems with clipping. How would it fit on to modded uniforms or vests. Or modded weapons. Even vanilla assets have issues such as arms clipping through vests-I can see slings being a nightmare :)

Still-this community has some miracle  workers in it-never say never.

• Like 1

Can anyone make the Ghost Recon mask from Future Soldier?

Reference

Thanks

ACOG TA638.

Already created.Didn't remember,which addon.Probably Joint Rails.

ACOG TA638.

Already created.Didn't remember,which addon.Probably Joint Rails.

He wants that face mask, not the scope.....

Can anyone make the Ghost Recon mask from Future Soldier?

Reference

Thanks

closest one is massi's shemagh with tactical glasses

or mask itself VSM accessories 

• Like 1

Very difficult, if not impossible, as the Wolverines were really just teenagers, there's no skeleton to model younger people, you would have to do it with default characters, and that would lose the whole idea, as all your looking at really is basically RHS Russians, or the PLA addon, and using various civilian parts in EDEN to make "Insurgents/wolverines" 

• Like 1

Very difficult, if not impossible, as the Wolverines were really just teenagers, there's no skeleton to model younger people, you would have to do it with default characters, and that would lose the whole idea, as all your looking at really is basically RHS Russians, or the PLA addon, and using various civilian parts in EDEN to make "Insurgents/wolverines" 

It's been a while since I saw red dawn, but weren't swayze and co young adults? Could probably use the default arma models and zee's female models for that. Santa Catalina can be used for a setting, although it's a californian island, not quite colorado  :D

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I tried searching the forums & couldn't find anywhere to place this: an android or ios app for ArmA 3 maps (Altis, Stratis & Tanoa). An app to explore the maps if you're not near a computer, along the lines of something like Google maps with street view & have it optimised for tablets. I definitely would pay for something like this. It would also help BI in marketing ArmA 3 for people who don't own the game into buying it. Perhaps also, looking at all available units & DLC's in game. Also to be able to use this in offline mode after full download. Maybe even to make the maps editable (ie draw on it, to plan missions for people who own ArmA 3). Any thoughts?

It's been a while since I saw red dawn, but weren't swayze and co young adults? Could probably use the default arma models and zee's female models for that. Santa Catalina can be used for a setting, although it's a californian island, not quite colorado  :D

It doesn't have to be teenagers. Just civilians standing up to a more advance army. Maybe have these hit and run missions, like in the movie.

In Arma 2, they had a mod which added predators into the game, I had a mission I made in the past using predators and I wanted to re-create it in Arma 3. Not sure if there is a Predator mod out there or if someone is working on it. Would be so cool to see it though.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is ace3 style grenade throw mod (precise, high, drop etc.) but stand-alone? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is ace3 style grenade throw mod (precise, high, drop etc.) but stand-alone? Thanks!

I know ShackTac have one, I saw Dslyexi make some videos about it.But they have not released it publicly, so you would have to become a member of ShackTac to use it for now...

A Standalone SUV mod like in  arma 2 PMC with the m134 and holograpic combo and unarmed versions also

i know CUP has them but a standalone version would be nice for units that dont use cup vehicles pack

ThanksNowWeRTalking.jpg

• Like 2

Anybody know a mod that has a M40a5 Sniper rifle? I tried looking for one but to my surprise I thought there would be thousands.... I guess not

+ working bolt, attachments and stuff like that would be great.

Reference

Thanks

Anybody know a mod that has a M40a5 Sniper rifle? I tried looking for one but to my surprise I thought there would be thousands.... I guess not

+ working bolt, attachments and stuff like that would be great.

Reference

Thanks

You tried looking?Because just googling "M40a5 Arma3" gave a result straight away- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25417   

I have the time to write it but not the time (nor, frankly, the skill or patience) to make this mod a reality. Unless some charitable soul wanted to try their hand at it, it will probably remain an on-paper idea, but a cool one to imagine nonetheless.

I know people have made WW2 mods, but I want one that takes place on the in-game maps and pretends historical battles happened there and makes campaigns out of it, for a bit fo historical background on these made-up places. I'm thinking 2 3-Act campaigns, one for Altis and one for Tanoa.

All my thought so far has gone into the Altis campaign.

Act 1. 1941 - The Nazis invade Altis to eliminate the threat of its airfield to their transports to North Africa, overwhelming the outnumbered and outgunned British defenders. You play as a British Infantryman commanding an infantry section trying to hold out as long as you can. (you are captured at the end).

Act 2. 1942 - As a Royal Marine Commando, you carry out reconnaissance and raiding tasks against the German garrison on Altis and Stratis in co-ordination with the Altis Resistance. Meanwhile, the NKGB has started a parallel communist insurgency that so threatens the Nazi garrison that they call in an entire SS mechanized regiment to suppress them.

Act 3. 1943 - As the same Royal Marine, you carry out landings on first Stratis and then Altis to liberate the island from the Nazis, but must subsequently deal with an attempted communist takeover of Pyrgos.

BLUFOR: British Armed Forces, Altis Resistance

OPFOR: Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS

INDFOR: Altis People's Liberation Army

I have the "history" of Act 1 planned out though not the specific missions you as the player would partake in.

Order of Battle for Act 1 (Yes, all these units are fictional - I checked):

BLUFOR:  Altis Garrison Brigade
               - 1st Infantry Battalion -> Primary mobile defensive unit; stationed by platoon in various villages and towns -> Player's unit
               - 2nd Coastal Battalion -> Responsible for manning coastal defensive positions
               - 3rd Artillery Battalion -> Primary mobile artillery support unit
               - 4th Anti-Aircraft Battalion -> Responsible for manning anti-aircraft postitions around Altis
               - 5th Support Battalion -> Responsible for all support activities needed by other units of the brigade
               - Royal Altis Regiment -> Reserve infantry battalion made up of Altisian soldiers; stationed in and around Pyrgos

No. 198 Wing RAF
               - No. 367 Squadron RAF (Fighters)
               - No. 376 Squadron RAF (Naval Bombers)
               - No. 371 Sqaudron RAF (Tactical Bombers)
               - No. 369 Squadron RAF (Transport)
               - No. 499 Squadron RALAF "Ralph" (Fighters) -> Altisian squadron

OPFOR: Fallschirmjager-Regiment 40 -> Parachute assault unit
               - 1st Battalion -> Drop northwest of Athira, take and hold Athira and Gravia
               - 2nd Battalion -> Drop southwest of Athira, take and hold RAF Altis
               - 3rd Battalion -> Land at RAF Altis once captured, take and hold Telos and Athrakia
               - 4th Artillery Battalion -> Land at RAF Altis once captured
               - 5th Support Battalion -> Land at RAF Altis once captured

126th Infantry Regiment -> Main landing force
               - 1st Infantry Battalion -> Land at Kalithea Bay, cut across island to Thelos Bay, proceed north
               - 2nd Infantry Battalion -> Land at Kalithea Bay, advance southeast to Pyrgos and Dorida
               - 3rd Infantry Battalion -> Land at Kalithea Bay, advance southwest to Zaros
               - 4th Panzer Battalion -> Land at Kalithea Bay after 3rd Battalion, support 2nd Battalion
               - 5th Artillery Battalion -> Provide heavier artillery support where needed
               - 6th Support Battalion -> Support activities

127th Infantry Regiment -> Secondary landing force, lands one day later
               - 1st Infantry Battalion -> Land at Galana Nera Bay, advance south
               - 2nd Infantry Battalion -> Land at Kavala Bay, advance to Syrta
               - 3rd Infantry Battalion -> Land at Ammolofi Bay, advance to Syrta
               - 4th Artillery Battalion -> Split among the landing beaches
               - 5th Support Battalion -> Split among the landing beaches

Luftwaffe Support
               - 1st Gruppe, Jagdgeschwader 8
               - 1st Gruppe, Kampfgeschwader 17
               - 1st Gruppe, Transportgeschwader 6

For a combat force comparison, excluding the coastal defence guns (which are mostly un-used), the balance of forces is:

BLUFOR: 3 Infantry battalions, 2 artillery battalions, 2 fighter squadrons, 2 bomber squadrons, 1 transport squadron

OPFOR: 9 Infantry battalions, 3 Artillery battalions, 1 Panzer battalion, 3 fighter squadrons, 3 bomber squadrons, 3 transport squadrons

The battles lasts 4 days. On day 1, the Germans land an airborne regiment near the airfield and seize it, then land an infantry regiment in the middle of the island, splitting the defenders in two. On day 2, a second regiment is landed at various beaches around Altis to exploit the overextended defenders and the German forces take over almost all the major population centers. The remaining British forces surrender by noon on Day 3. On day 4 Stratis is taken after some token resistance from a lone coastal defence platoon and an antiaircraft unit.

Images to better illustrate the battle (only goes to day 2, no point in showing day 3 or 4; coastal battalion not shown as it's too spread out):

Day 1 from 0000 hours to 0600 hours: http://imgur.com/a/HnFP3

Day 1 from 0600 hours: http://imgur.com/a/OBpDJ

Day 2: http://imgur.com/a/9ul30

I gotta go to bed but I will flesh out more soon.

• Like 1

Anyone know where I may find a Red Dawn type mod out there? Or maybe a group of talented mod team can make one. There are only a few USA maps. Just an idea.

"WOLVERINES..!" http://images3.static-bluray.com/reviews/6855_5.jpg

Sincerely, Skylez

Something like this would be very easy to make with RHS Escalation and Santa Catalina island. The only potential issue would be the lack of "civilian" weapons, like hunting rifles, but I'm sure it could be worked around. I can make a basic scenario with this premise if you want, sounds fun. 

I have the time to write it but not the time (nor, frankly, the skill or patience) to make this mod a reality.

[...]

I gotta go to bed but I will flesh out more soon.

I am sooooo looking forward for more...

...not

besides this is a mission, not a "mod". nice way to spend your first ever post here...

• Like 1

I am sooooo looking forward for more...

...not

besides this is a mission, not a "mod". nice way to spend your first ever post here...

Wow, aint you nice to the new guy. Try spending more time on some tolerence lessons and do us all a favour.

It's a request thread and he made a request. Get over yourself.

@filthycasual Might be hard to fit in a WW2 theme on Stratis/Altis as the are very modernised. But giving the islands an historical reference in WW2 is a great idea

as it would of been strategically ideal for the north african and mediterrnean campaigns. And would of been vital to both sides.

It's a shame those coastal defences that came with Apex werent about at the time they were making Altis as they'd of fitted well into an island that sits between Italy and North Africa

You've actually gave me some ideas I might incorporate into my own campaign. So thank you and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Wow, aint you nice to the new guy. Try spending more time on some tolerence lessons and do us all a favour.

It's a request thread and he made a request. Get over yourself.

@filthycasual Might be hard to fit in a WW2 theme on Stratis/Altis as the are very modernised. But giving the islands an historical reference in WW2 is a great idea

as it would of been strategically ideal for the north african and mediterrnean campaigns. And would of been vital to both sides.

It's a shame those coastal defences that came with Apex werent about at the time they were making Altis as they'd of fitted well into an island that sits between Italy and North Africa

You've actually gave me some ideas I might incorporate into my own campaign. So thank you and welcome to the forum.

Actually there is some info on the real Altis-or Lemnos, during WW2 on the Lemnos wiki page.If i remember, it had some kind of large barracks or camp or something on it..

• Like 1