max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I think this was mentioned before, but I would love to see an SR-47. It's basically an M416 designed for USSOCOM that can accept captured AK ammo. Only 7 were made-six of which are used by SOCOM .Plus,It looks awesome  ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-47

An M4A1 you mean. M416 is a fictional designation DICE uses for the HK416 in their Battlefield games to get around HK's copyrights. The SR-47 is an interesting piece alright, the apparent reason it never got past trial stage was that they had trouble getting it to cycle with low quality ammo, negating the whole reason for its existence.  

• Like 1

An M4A1 you mean. M416 is a fictional designation DICE uses for the HK416 in their Battlefield games to get around HK's copyrights. The SR-47 is an interesting piece alright, the apparent reason it never got past trial stage was that they had trouble getting it to cycle with low quality ammo, negating the whole reason for its existence.  

I'm aware of that-I meant to just type M16 :)

Is there a mod for making light sources stronger at night? if not can anyone make it? :D Its pitch dark and realistic etc but I can hardly see a campfire from 2 meters away, also too weak car headlights... every lightsource is too dim. I'm sick of using nvgs : p

I signed up onto the forums because I noticed the MPRL launcher had AT and AA variants despite using the same CLU.  While this may have been for balancing reasons in the vanilla game (at least according to some forum sources), I would prefer both types of missile be compatible with the same launcher in some of my scenarios.  In theory, it shouldn't be too hard, since it requires no new models, just enabling a weapon to take 2 different existing "ammo" types (the AT and AA missiles), but I know next to nothing about Arma 3 weapon scripts (despite some exploration).

So, onto the general request: can anyone either mod either model of the Titan MPRL to accept both AT and AA missiles, make a new missile launcher that can use existing AA and AT missiles from the Titan, or show me how to edit the weaopn scripts so that I can edit them myself?

• Like 1

I like the idea of A3's zoom function, but it zooms too much for me. Can someone please, please make a mod that either allows you to adjust the zoom level (from next to nothing to the current vanilla level) or just reduce the zoom the level that most FPS games have it when you "hold your breath", i.e. Insurgency or Squad.

Also great would be a way to limit the zoom function to when sighting and not when just looking around, so zoom only occurs when you ADS.

Pleasepleaseplease, I need this...

Is there a mod for making light sources stronger at night? if not can anyone make it? :D Its pitch dark and realistic etc but I can hardly see a campfire from 2 meters away, also too weak car headlights... every lightsource is too dim. I'm sick of using nvgs : p

This is a long running issue-It began with the game's visual update several weeks ago. After the visual improvements, certain things like campfires, chemlights etc became very dim. Chemlights are basically useless now to signal choppers by lighting up smoke grenades etc-they give off no light. i believe this issue is being worked on by BI so wait and see hopefully :)

Regarding making tac-lights on guns brighter, you can try Robert Hammers accessory pack-it has really bright white surefire lights that work really well.

@Aniallator- The VTN veteran mod limits zooming in-but I belive it removes it completely whereas you just want to limit it a bit I think.

So I'm not a huge Arma fanatic. I play OF back on xbox. Loved it. Then it took forever for a new one to come out. Dragon Rising or w/e. It was awesome. Loved it. Then Red River was an utter bust. 

Then built a PC and recently discovered...hey...ARMA has good controller support. So now I'm back. 

So I have a request. 

A mod that unlocks all of the vehicles during the campaign. I'm so ...sick...of finding a tank or a helicopter during patrol and not allowed to hop into it. Nope. Don't like that. That's not the OF I loved. 

• Like 1

So I'm not a huge Arma fanatic. I play OF back on xbox. Loved it. Then it took forever for a new one to come out. Dragon Rising or w/e. It was awesome. Loved it. Then Red River was an utter bust. 

Then built a PC and recently discovered...hey...ARMA has good controller support. So now I'm back. 

So I have a request. 

A mod that unlocks all of the vehicles during the campaign. I'm so ...sick...of finding a tank or a helicopter during patrol and not allowed to hop into it. Nope. Don't like that. That's not the OF I loved. 

Dragon Rising and Red River are not OFP games, even if Codemasters own the brand name and they choose to smear OFP brand by naming their failure games like they did... 

• Like 6

anyone know a mod with these helmets?

I think RHS added those in their latest update, but I am not 100% sure

• Like 1

I'll check it out, thanks

RoadRunner's MICH addon has about 30 variaties of MICH2001

• Like 1

The helmet is a mich 2002 and yes there is a mod about it but contains only 2 variant one in black and one in OD 

Here is the link mate :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26054

I really hope that in the future someone will make some other variants of that type of helmet

anyone know a mod with these helmets?
jAWx5zqXKKA.jpg

• Like 2

Oh-also try massi's SOCOM mod-it has something similar

• Like 4

The helmet is a mich 2002 and yes there is a mod about it but contains only 2 variant one in black and one in OD 

Here is the link mate :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26054

I really hope that in the future someone will make some other variants of that type of helmet

thanks! exactly what I was looking for

• Like 3

Dragon Rising and Red River are not OFP games, even if Codemasters own the brand name and they choose to smear OFP brand by naming their failure games like they did... 

I played both, and Dragon Rising was really shitty, but I dont think red river was that bad. I mean it was not an ofp, but that game was still fun to play. It had only 2 issues: no mission editor and gfwl(I finished this game again and again. Few years later I bought that game second time just because i had forgotten my first accounts password and gfwl was not working properly, so i couldn't get a new password. I believed that it was worth it. After all, gfwl is closed and i can only play it with cracks  :cryy: )

I have an idea for a terrain. I know terrain making can be an immense and trying undertaking, but there seems to be potential with this one. Georgia. No, not the American State, the country in the Caucasus Mountains. Its got beautiful mountains, sprawls of conifer trees, rustic villages seemingly untouched by the passing of time, and of course the beautiful black sea coast. Much of the landscape has been deforested and in the mountains you get wide open grassy spaces, which also can lighten the load on your hardware, because performance is something to always consider. Altis houses and castles, and CUP Arma 2 foliage could be used in the terrain. Not to mention the possibilities for scenarios along the lines of guerrilla warfare against insurgencies or even conventional warfare between the Russian Federation and Georgia or the US. It could also be considered a part of Chernaus to fit into the Armaverse. Its a beautiful and militarily relevant location that doesn't really require new content beyond height maps maps and a sat texture.

Here's some pictures to give an idea.

Georgia.jpg

Z44GNxV.jpg

e0l3YYY.jpg

dL49BxM.jpg

• Like 1

I have an idea for a terrain. I know terrain making can be an immense and trying undertaking, but there seems to be potential with this one. Georgia. No, not the American State, the country in the Caucasus Mountains. Its got beautiful mountains, sprawls of conifer trees, rustic villages seemingly untouched by the passing of time, and of course the beautiful black sea coast. Much of the landscape has been deforested and in the mountains you get wide open grassy spaces, which also can lighten the load on your hardware, because performance is something to always consider. Altis houses and castles, and CUP Arma 2 foliage could be used in the terrain. Not to mention the possibilities for scenarios along the lines of guerrilla warfare against insurgencies or even conventional warfare between the Russian Federation and Georgia or the US. It could also be considered a part of Chernaus to fit into the Armaverse. Its a beautiful and militarily relevant location that doesn't really require new content beyond height maps maps and a sat texture.

Here's some pictures to give an idea.

-snip-

It'd probably be a good idea to provide coordinates for suggested parts of the country.

Hello all.  I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing.  I'm actually looking for a specific vehicle.

This may seem kind of strange, but I'm looking for a fully working AC-130U Spooky II  for part of a mission I want to make.  Long story short, it involves Player crew in the vehicle engaging a military base before being shot down.  Right now, I just need the working vehicle.

It should be true to life as much as possible.:

All of these would require separate gunner positions. 

I don't know if there is any mod out there already that can fulfill the needs I have.

Hello all.  I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing.  I'm actually looking for a specific vehicle.

This may seem kind of strange, but I'm looking for a fully working AC-130U Spooky II  for part of a mission I want to make.  Long story short, it involves Player crew in the vehicle engaging a military base before being shot down.  Right now, I just need the working vehicle.

It should be true to life as much as possible.:

All of these would require separate gunner positions. 

I don't know if there is any mod out there already that can fulfill the needs I have.

You tried searching? One quick google search:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6989

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25512

EDIT:: THat first one was for Arma 2. I image it would work, but still.

• Like 1