1 hour ago, ljcsteam said:

I'm out of the loop. Which unit has it?

AFSOC, specifically, the 24th Special Tactics Squadron. They've contracted Lewis Machine and Tool to manufacture the new SO (Special Operations, civspec upper is called the SPECWAR) carbine, replacing their HK416s that were handed down from DEVGRU.

https://lmtdefense.com/product/mrp-l-mlok-11-5-specwar/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/LMT-MRP-L-MLOK-SPEC-WAR/118-762037/

(Timestamped)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Operator1984 said:

AFSOC, specifically, the 24th Special Tactics Squadron. They've contracted Lewis Machine and Tool to manufacture the new SO (Special Operations, civspec upper is called the SPECWAR) carbine, replacing their HK416s that were handed down from DEVGRU.

https://lmtdefense.com/product/mrp-l-mlok-11-5-specwar/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/LMT-MRP-L-MLOK-SPEC-WAR/118-762037/

(Timestamped)

Video didn't say anything related to AFSOC or 24th STS. Do you have other sources?

11 hours ago, bars91 said:

AFSOC (Air Force Spec Ops Comm) - literally says so in the post )

AFSOC is a huge command, with tons of special tactics units under it. Image being a smart ass and thinking other people doesn't know what AFSOC is...

15 minutes ago, ljcsteam said:

Video didn't say anything related to AFSOC or 24th STS. Do you have other sources?

AFSOC is a huge command, with tons of special tactics units under it. Image being a smart ass and thinking other people doesn't know what AFSOC is...

I heard about it from a pretty reputable source on devtsix quite some time ago, but apologies if I'm mistaken

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Operator1984 said:

I heard about it from a pretty reputable source on devtsix quite some time ago, but apologies if I'm mistaken

I can see why 24th STS replaced their own HK416s with LMT 12.5s. But they using 416s handed from DEVGRU just doesn't make any sense to me. Several Special Tactics Squadrons have used HK416 for at least a decade. They don't really have to issue used guns from DEVGRU.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

I can see why 24th STS replaced their own HK416s with LMT 12.5s. But they using 416s handed from DEVGRU just doesn't make any sense to me. Several Special Tactics Squadrons have used HK416 for at least a decade. They don't really have to issue used guns from DEVGRU.

Ah, must've misheard about that part, my bad.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

sorry for being AWOL so long! As you might recall, there was some flooding in western Germany a few weeks ago and my hometown was hit pretty hard. I wasn’t affected (since I live a few miles away now) but I spend most of July and August helping old friends clearing roads, cleaning up, throwing away stuff and organizing new temporary housing for some of them. That kept me quite busy until and I am now only just returning to ArmA modding. So, right now there is nothing new to show, but I am getting back to it.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, Disgusting_Man said:

Hi, Fingolfin! Do you have plans to add RAZOR AMG UH-1 someday?

On 7/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, Operator1984 said:

HI, any plans on adding AFSOC's new 12.5in LMT SPECWAR?

No plans for both so far.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Hythloday_ said:

Will the Mk46 and Mk48 holding animations be fixed for the next update? 

Yes, they will.

• Like 20

16 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Hey guys,

sorry for being AWOL so long! As you might recall, there was some flooding in western Germany a few weeks ago and my hometown was hit pretty hard. I wasn’t affected (since I live a few miles away now) but I spend most of July and August helping old friends clearing roads, cleaning up, throwing away stuff and organizing new temporary housing for some of them. That kept me quite busy until and I am now only just returning to ArmA modding. So, right now there is nothing new to show, but I am getting back to it.

All good mate!

Glad to hear that you're all safe and sound, though it sucks to hear about your friends and others being less fortunate. Hopefully everything rights itself soon enough.

Can't wait to see what's to come next!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're okay and back! I wish you and your friends to cope with all the difficulties as soon as possible! And I'm really looking forward to the new update of the best weapon mod.

• Thanks 1

Question to you guys: 

I think the last time i used one of the Shortdot scopes, i did not have that PiP effect. Is there a way to turn this effect off?

Thanks in advance and have a good one.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:59 PM, Comrex_96 said:

Question to you guys: 

I think the last time i used one of the Shortdot scopes, i did not have that PiP effect. Is there a way to turn this effect off?

Thanks in advance and have a good one.

You can turn the PiP effect on and off in your CBA options.

• Like 1

Any chance this mod would ever be released without RHS as a dependency?

i know the answer but figured I would ask. 

14 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Any chance this mod would ever be released without RHS as a dependency?

i know the answer but figured I would ask. 

No, RHS is needed for too many things: sounds, animations, ammo classes, magazines and the grip system.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

it has been quite a long time without any news/updates. Sorry for that! I’ve been busy with real-life stuff (especially before Christmas) but it is not like there hasn’t been some progress on the mod. On the other hand, it will take still a bit of time until the next release and here’s why:

After Cody updated some of his models, I started to rework some of the optics and since I had to change many of the models anyway, I decided to change the pbo file structure of the mod. That won’t affect your mission since all the old classnames will be kept but it probably will affect some of the retexture mods. As an upside, this will make it easier for me to release and maintain a separate optics mod many people asked for.

In the process of revamping the mod also some less-common optic variants and laser light combos will be scrapped. As an example: Since only NSWDG uses the Midwest M-LOK handguard for the HK416s it will only feature the M600V, M600U and WML in combination with the LA5 or NGAL as possible laser/light combos. The old classnames will now be linked to one of the existing classes, so your mission will not be broken (and gameplaywise there is almost no difference between the different lights).

Speaking of lights, all LA5 and NGAL attachments will use the new IR feature in ArmA and so will some of the flashlights like the X300V (you can switch between IR and visible light).

I will also rework most/all rvmats. These are a pain to get right but I am slowly getting there.

In addition to that, some new stuff has been added over the last few weeks...

The mod is finally getting all the goodies for a decent CAG HK416:

XG0rkZr.jpg

ZySr4LO.jpg

(New are the SF M600U, the Wilcox flip mount, the Geissele T-2 mount, the KAC micro sights, the cut-down A2 grip and the SF SOCOM suppressor.)

The SR-25s are getting some love too:

qRrmXnt.jpg

yRZYNve.jpg

(Finally, a KAC URX-4 Keymod handguard...)

And last but not least, a lot of Glock stuff is going on:

fvNLQUv.jpg

(Glock 17 Gen 3)

ueS8B5n.jpg

(Glock 19 Gen 4)

xWbnJLA.jpg

(Glock 19 Gen 5, rvmat is still WIP)

I can give no approximate release date since I have absolutely no idea when this will be done, but the mod is not dead and still being worked on.

Merry Christmas to all celebrating! 🙂

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Hey guys,

it has been quite a long time without any news/updates. Sorry for that! I’ve been busy with real-life stuff (especially before Christmas) but it is not like there hasn’t been some progress on the mod. On the other hand, it will take still a bit of time until the next release and here’s why:

After Cody updated some of his models, I started to rework some of the optics and since I had to change many of the models anyway, I decided to change the pbo file structure of the mod. That won’t affect your mission since all the old classnames will be kept but it probably will affect some of the retexture mods. As an upside, this will make it easier for me to release and maintain a separate optics mod many people asked for.

In the process of revamping the mod also some less-common optic variants and laser light combos will be scrapped. As an example: Since only NSWDG uses the Midwest M-LOK handguard for the HK416s it will only feature the M600V, M600U and WML in combination with the LA5 or NGAL as possible laser/light combos. The old classnames will now be linked to one of the existing classes, so your mission will not be broken (and gameplaywise there is almost no difference between the different lights). 

Speaking of lights, all LA5 and NGAL attachments will use the new IR feature in ArmA and so will some of the flashlights like the X300V (you can switch between IR and visible light).

I will also rework most/all rvmats. These are a pain to get right but I am slowly getting there.

In addition to that, some new stuff has been added over the last few weeks...

The mod is finally getting all the goodies for a decent CAG HK416: 

XG0rkZr.jpg

ZySr4LO.jpg

(New are the SF M600U, the Wilcox flip mount, the Geissele T-2 mount, the KAC micro sights, the cut-down A2 grip and the SF SOCOM suppressor.)

The SR-25s are getting some love too:

qRrmXnt.jpg

yRZYNve.jpg

(Finally, a KAC URX-4 Keymod handguard...)

And last but not least, a lot of Glock stuff is going on:

fvNLQUv.jpg

(Glock 17 Gen 3)

ueS8B5n.jpg

(Glock 19 Gen 4)

xWbnJLA.jpg

(Glock 19 Gen 5, rvmat is still WIP)

I can give no approximate release date since I have absolutely no idea when this will be done, but the mod is not dead and still being worked on.

Merry Christmas to all celebrating! 🙂

This is the best Arma 3 weapons mod, lol.

BTW, I believe you can mount the LaRue handstop directly to the Geissele MK1 handguard with a screw, no need for a 1913 rail section.

Also, is that a G19 Gen 5 MOS 3 I'm looking at?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

This is the best Arma 3 weapons mod, lol.

BTW, I believe you can mount the LaRue handstop directly to the Geissele MK1 handguard with a screw, no need for a 1913 rail section.

Also, is that a G19 Gen 5 MOS 3 I'm looking at?

Thanks! 🙂

AFAIK you have to modify the handstop a bit. I went with this picture:

3826e958be703c7e8ffd5916e4c54235.jpg

(Overloaded CAG HK416 - handstop is mounted on a rail section.)

And yes, it is/should be a Glock19 Gen5 MOS 3 with Dawson Fiber sights, Leupold DeltaPoint Pro red dot, ZEV magwell, KKM compensator, TARAN mag extension and SF X300V IR light.

• Like 3

I always used to be the guy that said "We don't need any more weapon packs, RHS is enough"... and then you came along 🤣
❤️ you work, it's all kinds of awesome.

Not sure if it's within the mod scope but have you considered heat wrapped suppressors? I know that's one thing I've always missed from when we used SMA 

Thanks again for all your work, great to see you're still going 

Amazing news! Great stuff is coming to us in 2022! Thank you so much for your hard work, Fingolfin! Best Wishes for the New Year!

44 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

I always used to be the guy that said "We don't need any more weapon packs, RHS is enough"... and then you came along 🤣

Not sure if it's within the mod scope but have you considered heat wrapped suppressors? I know that's one thing I've always missed from when we used SMA 

You can find heat wrapped suppressors in Australian Commando Weapons mod. They are compatible with Fingolfin's weapons.

Cool thanks, but I'm hoping to not add yet another weapon pack haha

Thanks though 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, JD Wang said:

So far wrapped suppressors are only planned for the sniper rifles:

h8HiSBN.jpg

But I guess I could scale them down for 5.56 suppressors.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, Disgusting_Man said:

Amazing news! Great stuff is coming to us in 2022! Thank you so much for your hard work, Fingolfin! Best Wishes for the New Year!

Thanks! Best of wishes for you too! 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for continuing to work the updates.  I know we've all been eager to get what you've been working on.  I've lost track...were you working on a C.O.M.M mount for the LPVOs?  I know you had the Geiselle rails before, but couldn't remember if you working the BO mounts.