Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Rah-66 comanche released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 21 2003,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the game what does the IR scanner do?<span id='postcolor'>

it creates false targets on the radar, just try it, watch the radar and you will see many green "returns" move about randomly about which is meant to confuse, or at the least hinder the AI/you from locking onto them, would be especially usefull in MP with real people

That's just phantastic! I love the Open-Bay-Feature, but there is one problem with it though!

I had Stingers selected and accidentially closed the bay. Well that closed (crashed) OFP!

But beside this, just phantastic work! I love it!

all this scripting works and all little touches just amazing.

VERY good work guys.

The way ai handle landing gears just perfect.

OMFG ITS AWSOME I HAVE NO COMPLIANTS. .ONE SUGGESTION. . .. whoops forgot caps was on. .oh well. ..where it has the USMC logo. ..how bout our squad emblems goin there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 21 2003,05:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WOW!!  I am very impressed... the dust of the heli taking off slows stuff down a bit (I wish there was an option to turn that off)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

yeah~! the heli downwash is very cool, but it also slow my computer a lot(I'm poor:()...... hope there will be another version for slower computer!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 21 2003,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMFG ITS AWSOME I HAVE NO COMPLIANTS. .ONE SUGGESTION. . .. whoops forgot caps was on. .oh well. ..where it has the USMC logo. ..how bout our squad emblems goin there?<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... I didn't even know the USMC was gonna use this chopper. Last I heard the Comanche was being developed for the U.S. Army. I'd rather it either have U.S. Army on it, or nothing it all...or like you said, just an area where the squad insignia can go. That would probably be best.

But other then that, this chopper is just incredible!

It's beautiful seeing these bad boys coming in to provide air support.

The Shilka's however still make mince meat of them... and the AA soldiers won't launch at them. I know they have radar jamming, but I figure that IR guided missiles might still be a threat unless they get a flare decoy system like the G8 Tornado. At least against human opponents the ECM system should work well. Anyhoo... I'm going back to flying this chopper some more. The thing is very addictive. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Slobber....Slobber....Slobber.....making a mess all over my keyboard. Amazing addon!

Truly amazing...

one question, why does the IR jammer turn off after a bit, is this a feature (for play balance reasons, etc.)?

A really innovative Addon, very good work.

I assume this addon has some scripts I haven´t opened it yet. But if it has a lot of scripts to do things like those downwash effects and altitude checkers it would probably make a proffesional mission with lots of scripts heavier, since the speed and altitude checkears run all the time.

Normally the downwasheffect knows 4 stages:

-benchmark over 1500: full effects

-benchmark between 900 and 1500 : full effects, but no water spread

-benchmark between 500 and 900 : only one big cloud on landing

-benchmark under 500 : no dust

There are indeed a lot of scripts in it, but only 2 are running permanently (the fmc and the duster - both only when engine on, AI script runs only if AI is pilot).

To the ir/radar jammers: Those are not a 100% safe way to get never shot down (like in real life). If you were detected before you jam

the radar the ai will first shoot at you, then shoot at the new targets.

Also if you are to near to any vehicle, they will react (they cannot see you on radar/ir screen but they can see/hear you.

The Jammer is limited to 30 seconds, that has 2 reasons:

a) it will save some engine power

b) for balancing reasons

1043134296.jpg

it appears multitarget in the hud when open radar,even if there's no enemy at all.

and i think it'll be collest if i can adjust the undercarrier height

of the helo

GREAT WORK!!

cheers!!

guys excellent job, o my goodness, now ppl that make choppers have to be up to bar. This is what should happened in the community, ppl setting up the bar like! Ty all addonmakers.

DKM I got a problem thoe, I dont see no downwash effect, everything works but that. My cloudelets work and all, and the old downwash addon still works. i tried to remove it and leave only the commanche addon in, still no go look herepic

fantastik job

my benchmark is 1849

also I am using 1.91

look over your video settings in ofp... you might not have enabled all effects, other than that i have no idea why you dont have the effect, it should be there.

Great work - really well done.

Can we please be provided with the weapon names to use in scripts if we wish to rearm these beautiful machines? smile.gif

Top notch addon.

My only beef so far is that you hid the damn download link on your page! confused.giftounge.gif

Well, one other beef. It's an exe...

filetypes.gif

But I guess you guys have already decided what format you'll release your addons in. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Jan. 21 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">isnt it in the readme? dkmm_rah66.txt  (im @ work atm, cant check)<span id='postcolor'>

they are. BTW I tried everything, I am so unlucky!

this is my flashpoint .cfg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Product="Resistance";

Language="English";

HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";

Adapter=0;

3D_Performance="1849";

CPU_Benchmark=1849;

Resolution_W="1024";

Resolution_H="768";

Resolution_Bpp="32";

LOD=7.500000;

Limit_LOD=0.019000;

Shadows_LOD=0.050000;

MaxObjects=256;

Cockpit_Textures=4096;

Landscape_Textures=4096;

Object_Textures=4096;

Animated_Textures=64;

Textures_Drop_Down=4;

Texture_Heap="16";

File_Heap="16";

Total_Memory="512";

MaxLights=24;

Light_Explo=1;

Light_Missile=1;

Light_Static=1;

Frame_Rate_Pref=500;

Quality_Pref=500;

refresh=75;

<span id='postcolor'>

A really amazing addon. I just love how the baydoors open.

Keep up the good work