Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Rah-66 comanche released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 21 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah - I figured out the down wash issue - the chopper must have a benchmark autodetect that turns it off on slower machines, right? That is why slower machines = no downwash. I think this is how the first release of DKM down wash addon worked, correct?  wink.gif

So basically it's saving slower machines from bogging down.<span id='postcolor'>

But that's ignoring the fact that most of us have already said that the other downwash effects on the other DKM choppers work, but not these. And my benchmark is exactly 2005 - I just checked.

agreed, but the downwash addon doesnt prevent you from playing the game if its bogging down your comp, in that case you just remove it and can play on.

when the comanche would bog down your computer, you would have no other option than not use it, this is why the benchcheck is in there.

with a benchmark of over 2000 the dust should be visible, i have no explanation why it doesnt show up.

I ask everyone with this problem to register at our forums and report this 'bug', so we can get in contact and investigate. (note; no webmail adress allowed for registering, only regular adresses)

I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen this bug reported, although I'm not sure what can be done about it.

The downwash doesn't seem to work on the Desert Island. I've tested other downwash scripts (Vektobosen's) and they don't work there either. There is something in the drop command that gives the error, but I can't see what the explanation is since that line of script is so long when it gives the error in game. Just put a Commanche on the Desert Island and test it. Maybe something used in the drop command doesn't exist on the Desert Island? I dunno.

Anyway, this addon is awesome otherwise. We had a blast with it on several missions that I added it to. The downwash works on the other missions but even on my system it can lag. I have a

P4-2.8 gz

1.5 GB 333Mz DDR RAM

GF 4 -Ti4600

It doesn't lag horribly, but enough that I can tell it's there.

Great work, you guys keep putting out HIGH quality addons and I'm VERY impressed with them all. The ADATs, Tunguska and Bronco (and now RAH66) have a permanent home in my missions.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Doesn't lag at all for me and I only have a wimpy athlon... you and your silly 2.8 ghz machine! Pah!

The dust is the same for me by the way... can someone count as me on the forums because I'm too lazy to register somewhere else...

PS: 500th post - w00t

Is it wrong for me to touch myself whilst playing with this addon?

Nice work guys....kind of quality I love to see put into an addon.

I was so busy yesterday trying out this addon that I totally forgot to say thank you DKMM for what appears to be a most professional piece of work! The bells and whistles in this thing are amazing. I would ask BIS if they would want to include it as an official addon in VBS1. biggrin.gif

BTW, did you catch my mention of a targetting bug I encountered? confused.gif

DKM, very very impressive addon !

I love it.

Got two problems with it though.

1 : When i put a Comanche on a map ( empty one ) and test it i always get the error that the OH58.pbo is missing confused.gif

Since my reinstall i only have a res\addon folder and no regular addon folder anymore. Could that be it ? What and where is the comanche looking for OH58 stuff ? I got the OH58.pbo in my res\addon folder and it works. Didn t have alot of time to test it, i m at work so tried it quickly before i left.

2: i got this very very cool aircampaign map, it was difficult as hell ( the way it was supposed to be ) but your comanche made it easy sad.giftounge.gif

JK about 2nd, but 1st is really annoying.

Cheers, good work !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 22 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DKM, very very impressive addon !

I love it.

1 : When i put a Comanche on a map ( empty one ) and test it i always get the error that the OH58.pbo is missing  confused.gif  

Since my reinstall i only have a res\addon folder and no regular addon folder anymore. Could that be it ?<span id='postcolor'>

Try moving all of your unofficial addons (except, maybe, islands) to a "\mod\addons" folder and retest using the -mod= command line parameter.

I would be curious to know what would happen if you just manually defined a folder named Addons in your OFP base directory. Would OFP automatically read its contents at startup? Wanna help us find out? confused.gif It'll take you just a few minutes. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 22 2003,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 22 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DKM, very very impressive addon !

I love it.

1 : When i put a Comanche on a map ( empty one ) and test it i always get the error that the OH58.pbo is missing  confused.gif  

Since my reinstall i only have a res\addon folder and no regular addon folder anymore. Could that be it ?<span id='postcolor'>

Try moving all of your unofficial addons (except, maybe, islands) to a "\mod\addons" folder and retest using the -mod= command line parameter.

I would be curious to know what would happen if you just manually defined a folder named Addons in your OFP base directory. Would OFP automatically read its contents at startup? Wanna help us find out? confused.gif It'll take you just a few minutes. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what i was gonna try avon.

But at work atm, so i wont be home for about 8-9 hours sad.gif

Why dont they just print more money and give it to people instead of having to work for it ey wink.gif

I ll test as soon as i m home.

I kinda figure that the comanche is looking for something inside the oh58.pbo inside the addon folder.

Maybe radarcapabilities ?

Anyway, i find it very strange my ofp didn t make an addon folder for itself, but then again, i had very much problems installing ofp this time ( did an upgrade ).

It started with an error while patching ofp after the initial install.

Bit offtopic but maybe interesting for avon's faq.

Also a very strange thing, after i installed and patched i put back my favorite addons ( including kege's stuff ). Now whenever i did a nogova mission after i closed mp and went to the main menu, just before the nogova intro started i got an error "missing kegenailgun" (something like that ).

I never put that addon in any of my missions, just played around with it when it first came out. So i had to delete all kegetys' addons to solve it sad.gif I figure that nailgun replaced some handgun in ofp. So best i create a regular addon folder so i can put those addons back too.

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 22 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I kinda figure that the comanche is looking for something inside the oh58.pbo inside the addon folder.

Maybe radarcapabilities ?<span id='postcolor'>

There's a Comanche model with an LTD, like the OH58 has.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, i find it very strange my ofp didn t make an addon folder for itself, but then again, i had very much problems installing ofp this time ( did an upgrade ).<span id='postcolor'>

The Addons folder was introduced in version 1.20, I believe. So, if you install OFP 1.00 and then install Resistance right after that, you won't have an Addons folder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also a very strange thing, after i installed and patched i put back my favorite addons ( including kege's stuff ). Now whenever i did a nogova mission after i closed mp and went to the main menu, just before the nogova intro started i got an error "missing kegenailgun" (something like that ).<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 22 2003,10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's a Comanche model with an LTD, like the OH58 has.<span id='postcolor'>

What is an LTD crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 22 2003,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is an LTD  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "ltd". tounge.gif

Hey Blagdog~!!! The dancing guy in your signature looks a bit like Heinz Erhardt. One of my favourite German comedians...

erhardt.jpg

(click the image for a soundsample from Schelmenklang.de)

PSC

ok i could be wrong but im gonna ask this anyway i think the color scemes are all wrong. .i checked many sites and never saw a comanche in those colors, would you plz do the defualt olive drab camo scheme or find me a pic of the real comanche in those color schemes  crazy.gif

oh and also do the XML pic area on it too. .preferable where the USMC logo is now

Gotta love this addon. Just look at the texture on the 20mm canon!

I have noticed one bug with the crital damage 'death’ spin script however. While having a bit of a melee with half a dozen Mi-24s I went into a death spin. I ejected from the chopper but the AI gunner did not, rather he kept on his merry way of targeting the Mi-24s and everytime he spun past their direction let a stinger missile go. In the end he took out 4 Mi-24s while spinning to his death. I would have thought he should eject from the chopper when it goes into death spin as he does when the engines go offline?

You were his commander, you should have ordered him to jump! wow.giftounge.gif

Sometimes AI react in unpredictable ways with new addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 22 2003,13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometimes AI react in unpredictable ways with new addons.<span id='postcolor'>

AI GUNNER: "This is a cool addon. I''m not bailing out no matter what!"

LOL... i didnt encounter that... but it reminds me of some weird scifi movie i once saw with a spacecraft that had 'death blossom' fire mode.. it would tumble like mad and shoot laserbeams in all directions.

seems we inadvertantly made this feature into the chopper ... ROFL

did you make a screenie?  i'd love to see that  smile.gif

Anyway, some of you gave us some new ideas that may be possible and also reported a bug in the wing anims.. so there will be an update soon /me notes the 'death blossom feature to go in the feature list ..:)

missing addon oh58 is something i also got in MP, the comanche uses laserdesignator... has to do with that.

On that same note i also get the error missing addon: bis_resistance....... seems to me its not the addon at fault here folks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Jan. 22 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">missing addon oh58 is something i also got in MP, the comanche uses laserdesignator... has to do with that.

On that same note i also get the error missing addon: bis_resistance....... seems to me its not the addon at fault here folks.<span id='postcolor'>

In which folder did you install the Comanche?

Did you see my targeting bug report a page or two back?

On the deck of the LSD, Soar pilots with Commanche  smile.gif

rah66_2.jpg

On a sidenote, wasn't Satchel going to release his reskinned Apache when someone released pilots with the proper headgear? Are the BAS Soar pilots close enough?

apache_pilot.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about check out this thread and the screenies (you may have to paste the URL directly into your navigator bar, or you can check them out on my page):

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64a.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64b.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64c.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64d.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64e.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64f.jpg

http://www15.brinkster.com/majorfubar/ah64g.jpg

ah64b.jpg

You got some sweet pics on your site there, Fubar.

Satchel where are you?!?!?

A Great AddOn! Flew it for a couple of hours last nite.

Just really, really Cooooooooooooool.

Thanks smile.gif

Well here are more ideas:

1: A weapon System Failur so if you are to dammaged on your rocket pods or your Rocketwings and you want to Fire a hellfire ( or a FFAR or some kind of missle ) off and you press the launch button the first time it gose good but the second time ( or what evere ) the missle stucks on the Rocket wing and you must use a time script for this so if you dont get the Missle off before detonation the missle will simple explode!!!!

2:Some glass braking efects so if you are hittet by some bullets your glass gonna breake in 100 peaces and then you will here a nice sound of breaking glass tounge.gif

3:Make your own RAH-66 Comanche PILOTS with all the gear and the Oxygen mask and some nice commands like: Command to lower the sunglass ( or get the sunglass back up ) and for the Oxygen mask: you need to have he command 2 for pull the oxygen mask on the gace or pull it off and the use for this i will explain in a other idea but make please the Oxygen mask.

4:For the 02 mask to work here is a script idea:

If you are to much damaged you here a sound from warning airpressure bla bla bla well in the real life is this: if you are on a certaind height and the airpressure fails then you cant breath and you will die so can you make that to? if the airpresure is down in the cabine and you dont put your 02 mask on you will faint and die? it would be Great if it can be done but i think you cant do this. wink.gif

5: some more Wetting pants go down Engine failurs wink.gif like this:

if your tail rotor is being hit and it fails then it will go out but you wont crash intil your main rotor gets out wink.gif so and if your tail rotor is out then you cant stear so the stear buttons will be disabled or somthing and you can only move forward or back ward.

6: new animation's so the pilot is holding the stick on a better way and the gunner 2 wink.gif

( if you keep going with this great piece of Work you are better then BAS you are alrady i think )