Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Rah-66 comanche released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

could be that i have my "voices" option turned down a lil low. . .cuz i couldnt stand the leader always yelling "POSTION DELTA CHARLIE 64" right in my fuckin ear. .so i turned down the voice options via the auido menu. .mabe u can try that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Jan. 23 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you exactly know what that insignia is? Its is barely noticeable in the shot and hard to determine. How can you tell?<span id='postcolor'>

Because the Marine Corps insignia has a bright red center, and the Army one does not, now take a close look at the picture of the Commanche... is it red or is it black?

(Also there has been no official confirmation of the marines even testing the helicopter, let alone putting their paint schemes on it...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 23 2003,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

could be that i have my "voices" option turned down a lil low. . .cuz i couldnt stand the leader always yelling "POSTION DELTA CHARLIE 64" right in my fuckin ear.  .so i turned down the voice options via the auido menu. .mabe u can try that<span id='postcolor'>

badassbuddy_com-kissmyass.gif

biggrin.gif

This heli is the best addon iv ever tryed with all its scripts it truely excellent Although the textures could have a little detail the model and animations are great. Good job dkm mod.

Now if you dont mind im off to play some more with this baby ;D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Jan. 23 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Jan. 23 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you exactly know what that insignia is? Its is barely noticeable in the shot and hard to determine. How can you tell?<span id='postcolor'>

Because the Marine Corps insignia has a bright red center, and the Army one does not, now take a close look at the picture of the Commanche... is it red or is it black?

(Also there has been no official confirmation of the marines even testing the helicopter, let alone putting their paint schemes on it...)<span id='postcolor'>

I don't believe the USMC has anything to do with the development of that aircraft. I think that spot in the photo is either a manual open lever for the bay doors or its some sort of fuel nozzle.

BTW, the army insignia shown in the thread previously is not correct. This is the color scheme for it:

armys2.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Jan. 23 2003,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Jan. 23 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Jan. 23 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you exactly know what that insignia is? Its is barely noticeable in the shot and hard to determine. How can you tell?<span id='postcolor'>

(Also there has been no official confirmation of the marines even testing the helicopter, let alone putting their paint schemes on it...)<span id='postcolor'>

I don't believe the USMC has anything to do with the development of that aircraft.  I think that spot in the photo is either a manual open lever for the bay doors or its some sort of fuel nozzle.  

BTW, the army insignia shown in the thread previously is not correct.  This is the color scheme for it:

armys2.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it was a bronze plauq . .thats waht it wasnt colord

Guest BratZ

Wow now I know why Col Klink released his SE5 and said "No Questions Will Be Answered in The Forums"

Please try not to be so rude.DKM made this RAH for FREE!!

They obviously wanted comments ,but the rudeness is overwhelming the pride they should have for releasing the best addon yet!

Apparantly it would be hard to please everyone

Have you considered hidden selection for the USMC thing? Or better yet just take it off,lol

And with the sound thing,may be a OFP thing,I remember playing with Bis Camel and I was saying WOW the gun is way too loud,I could hear it anywheres on the island.But yet the next time I played it was normal,go figure

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Jan. 23 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't believe the USMC has anything to do with the development of that aircraft.  I think that spot in the photo is either a manual open lever for the bay doors or its some sort of fuel nozzle.<span id='postcolor'>

No the USMC has nothing to do with the development of the RAH-66, thats why i said

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...there has been no official confirmation of the marines even testing the helicopter, let alone putting their paint schemes on it...<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 23 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 23 2003,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

could be that i have my "voices" option turned down a lil low. . .cuz i couldnt stand the leader always yelling "POSTION DELTA CHARLIE 64" right in my fuckin ear.  .so i turned down the voice options via the auido menu. .mabe u can try that<span id='postcolor'>

badassbuddy_com-kissmyass.gif

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif HAHA

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 23 2003,06wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 22 2003,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find the bitchin'betty-sounds to be way too loud, maybe decrease the level by 3-4db (no need to give the pilot a permanent hearing-loss) wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ummm too loud?. . with headphones on i cant hardly hear her. .if there wasnt text and a warning beep i wouldnt know. . i here very faintly "warning" is a slight wisper. . .so i have NFC waht ur talkin bout

DKM think about my suggestion for the squad logo<span id='postcolor'>

Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

might be your sound card.... It seems low to me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

ok i figured out how oyou can solve that problem smile.gif

DONT FLY LOW tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 24 2003,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 23 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well u got ear problems because the bitching betty is loud enough to get sick of it, specially the to low as i always fly low<span id='postcolor'>

ok i figured out how oyou can solve that problem smile.gif  

DONT FLY LOW  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

withstupid.gif

You're taking away the fun with not flying NOE

has anyone noticed the lower flying height for that AI pilots yet? (25 instead of 50m)

in safe mode they will raise to 50 tho.

I figured I'd better put in a couple of my own Peso's, before all was said and done. This was posted by me on OFPEC:

About the bird... It's ( At the moment... ) the best aircraft available for download. And that's saying something, as I have seen some fantastic aircraft for OFP lately.

In short, my only ( perhaps undeserved ) gripes are the textures. Not so much the paint scheme, which is currently hypothetical in real life anyway. As far as I know, everything I've seen so far regading the Commanche's coloration shows the prototype(s) in typical Army OD. As this is a "stealth" aircraft, and would be considered to be a special mission/force multiplier aircraft, it may be given the carbon-based non-reflective black seen on USAF low-observable aircraft. Like I said before it's all hypothetical at the moment. One thing is for certain though, the Commanche will be expected to perform missions during daylight as well as night, so we may see something painted similar to DKM's chopper flying around the real battlefields.

Back to the textures... theres definately something missing somehow. For instance there are very few or no: seams, vents, panels, scratches, weathering, serial numbers or anything else to make it look really... real.

The only other thing I ever have a problem with DKM's mods, aside from the textures, are the sound effects. Come on now, surely other people noticed the gunfire sound effect? It sounds like some kind of MIDI-produced combination of a weed whacker on steroids and a giant bumble bee singing in D-minor! Now, I know that three-thousand rounds per minute of 20mm cannon fire should and does, BUZZ... but there are other sounds mixed with it. Like the whine of the electric motor, and the faint metallic clink of the brass moving in the system and being ejected. I suppose what I would have expected was at least a copied .WAV file of a minigun used instead, there are dozens of high definition .WAV's available online.

The loadouts are also somewhat innaccurate, as well. The Commanche is only supposed to carry five hundred rounds. The Scout variant could be loaded with one AGM-114K, a two-tube Stinger launcher, and a four-tube rocket launcher, in each bay. Or, alternatively, any combination of these, as they each would take up one hardpoint in each bay. Finally, If I'm not mistaken, the gunner sits in the front of the helo, as they do in most other combat helocopters.

One last issue, the gun on the scout Commanche can be slaved to a laser-designator, but how this is used in-game isn't really explained.

BTW: I liked the USMC insignia... It was a nice and unexpected surprise. It IS supposed to be an Army chopper, at least at first. However, it's not completely unrealistic to think of the Commanche replacing the USMC Super Cobra, in some roles, sometime in near future. It would also enhance their capabilities by providing a reconnaisance/scout helo, as well as a manned stealthy striker in a kind of a two for one deal.

I'd like to add FAS also has a pic of the Commanche in a hypothetical paint scheme of green with black stripes, launching a Hellfire.

All of these GLARING ( not! ) errors aside, this is an absolutely fantastic mod and an absolute MUST HAVE addon!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FerretFangs @ Jan. 25 2003,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, I know that three-thousand rounds per minute of 20mm cannon fire should and does, BUZZ... but there are other sounds mixed with it. Like the whine of the electric motor, and the faint metallic clink of the brass moving in the system and being ejected.<span id='postcolor'>

The other souds are so faint compared to 50 20mm rounds firing in a second, that you probably wouldn't hear them. Here's an actual recording of a M163 air defence system firing

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/milsounds/vulcan.ram

(RealPlayer required)

I think the comanche's cannon sound needs some adjusting. While it should be a countinuous "BUZZZZZZZZZZ..." instead it's more like "BUZ-BUZ-BUZ-BUZ-BUZ...". It seems like it's playing the sound file for every shot. I think that a continuous looping sound is best for gatling-guns.

Thanks for that clip. For the record I was wrong, the XM301 cannon only fires at a maximum rate of 1500SPM. It starts at 750SPM and rev's up to 1500SPM, in several seconds. This should sound more like a loud ripping sound, rather than a solid buzz, anyway. I have heard some fantastic sound effects for aircraft gun's like G8's Tornados, and just feel that DKM could have done slightly better in this regard. And for the record, I'm not being rude or harsh, here. Just offering some constructive criticism, for the benefit of all.

And for those people that think the gun is too powerful, here's a site that should help: http://www.aircav.com/cobra/ammo20.html.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FerretFangs @ Jan. 25 2003,05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for that clip. For the record I was wrong, the XM301 cannon only fires at a maximum rate of 1500SPM. It starts at 750SPM and rev's up to 1500SPM, in several seconds. This should sound more like a loud ripping sound, rather than a solid buzz, anyway. I have heard some fantastic sound effects for aircraft gun's like G8's Tornados, and just feel that DKM could have done slightly better in this regard. And for the record, I'm not being rude or harsh, here. Just offering some constructive criticism, for the benefit of all.

And for those people that think the gun is too powerful, here's a site that should help: http://www.aircav.com/cobra/ammo20.html.<span id='postcolor'>

The correct URL is:  http://www.aircav.com/cobra/ammo20.html

You left a period in the URL (at the end) which takes it to some web hosting page.

tounge.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi

If DKM not concidering a OD one.....

my solution would be make it this http://www.aircombat.it/rah-66/rah-66.htm check the picture

I`m getting a bit tired of those kidzz moanin so much bout the textures mad.gif

IF they would have looked better they would have found an desert "tiger' camo one. (kinda looks liked one of DKM`s first pics of the RAH)

So DKM`s camo collours aint that bad at all

As usual great work DKM thumbs up

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ShadowY @ Jan. 25 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I`m getting a bit tired of those kidzz moanin so much bout the textures mad.gif

IF they would have looked better they would have found an  desert "tiger' camo one.<span id='postcolor'>

Eeehh...3 out of the 4 Comanches are "tiger" so it´s a bit hard to miss. And those are the ones I was talking about.

Which brings me to...why do they have to be in desert camo?

How the desert ones plus BAS style green? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Jan. 24 2003,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">has anyone noticed the lower flying height for that AI pilots yet? (25 instead of 50m)<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, they keep on crashing into pine trees tounge.gif

Gollum1: What do you mean by "3 out of the 4 Comanches are "tiger" so it´s a bit hard to miss."

There's only two protypes built thus far, and they're both OD...

yeah  Ferret is right  only 2 r made so far?confused.gif???............but they repainted it a dozens of times  crazy.gif  biggrin.gif

prolly thats why production is so slow, they cant figure out wich paint\camo they need for it  wink.gif

Probably that Italian site made a fake picture then

Production on the RAH-66 isn't slow... It hasn't even begun.

The RAH-66 is still in research and development. It is, however doing extremely well in testing and will be ready for production soon. I think it will be one of the military projects that will be fully funded, and kept on schedual by the DOD.

just noticed something... the rotor blades are spinning the wrong way. did anyone else notice this? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FerretFangs @ Jan. 25 2003,21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gollum1: What do you mean by "3 out of the 4 Comanches are "tiger" so it´s a bit hard to miss."

There's only two protypes built thus far, and they're both OD...<span id='postcolor'>

The "3 out of 4" he's refering to are in the game. The only OFP RAH-66 that ISN'T a tan tiger stripe pattern is "Attack B" I believe.