Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

I've seen pics on TV, where some of the marines, right now in kuwait, had desert marpat....

I think that the MARPAT BDUs are supposed to be fully adopted by October of this year.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Jan. 12 2003,11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am currently working on my first full add-on project. These are based on untra modern US Marine Corps including the new issue boots and new issue marpat cammo pattern.  I used some license as to their look since the USMC hasnt even completely moved to marpat yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any pics of these in Iraq.

Everywhere I look in Iraq, I see BAS BAS BAS!

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Jan. 12 2003,11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am currently working on my first full add-on project. These are based on untra modern US Marine Corps including the new issue boots and new issue marpat cammo pattern.  I used some license as to their look since the USMC hasnt even completely moved to marpat yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any pics of these in Iraq.

Everywhere I look in Iraq, I see BAS BAS BAS!

tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah lol me too

got dizzy when ive seen this pic tounge.gif

985.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 23 2003,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">got dizzy when ive seen this pic<span id='postcolor'>

That pic makes my computer lag! wow.gif  tounge.gif

from pictures i have seen of the Marines alot of them are wearing Woodland with a desert hemit, this was the assualt on the um qasire (SP :/) place.

Photo dump,

CNN photo from Kuwait.  

desert_marpat.jpg

USMC currently in Iraq (woodland + desert marpat helmet cover):

usmc30.jpg

4th MEB AT unit, from Popular Science article:

tb_leadmarines-lg.jpg

lg_unit-lg.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 22 2003,16:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any pics of these in Iraq.

Everywhere I look in Iraq, I see BAS BAS BAS!<span id='postcolor'>

MARPAT isnt in full dristribution yet...you probably wont see US Marines wearing it in its full form for a while.

Wow... those look really nice.

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

......please don't tell me they're 1.90 or newer only. confused.gif

Those and the desert ones would be perfect.

Work is progressing well...we are using the 'current conflict Marine' as a beta for some of the technical issues of the MARPAT stuff. It also helps folks see what direction we are moving in even though its is quite a bit different from the MARPAT packs soldiers and weapons.

Do those current conflict marines have the marines with the knit winter hats on their heads?

The 'current conflict' Marines are really a beta that enables us to test some technical items of the models and squash some bugs. They wont be a full pack....but you will deffinately get the watch cap in the MARPAT pack...maybe more than one wink.gif

he suchey,

PLEASE add these current marines to your pack, or at least fix some bugs on them and release an update. I LOVE those current marines. You might want to consider using diffirent woodland textures. Yours seem to be a little low-quality (at close ranges). Or are you trying to simulate dust on them??

and please add a medic to your update.

I love the model. You really did a great job on these marines.

This is more of a comment for Earl. Could you please create some higher-resolution reciever and stock textures? The sight is just marvelous though.

Also, could you make a Machine gunner?

I think my textures are already very large - the basic M16 texture is 1024x512, which makes up the majority of file size. I don't think it needs to be higher. I've often wondered how some people get those extremely clean textures - maybe there's a trick to it, but if it's just because they use larger textures, then I think I'm at a perfect balance of quality and filesize.

Landwarrior87--

Chin straps are on the way!

Cpt. FrostBite--

A next release is on the way with the glasses and night vision fixed. In regard to the textures, I wanted them to have a bit of a visual difference from regular cloth cammo so I added the 'weaved' texture feel to it and tried to give it a gitty, crawl around i the desert type of look. The MARPAT guys will definately have a navy corpman...the current conflict Marine is our way of beta testing some thing within the community, so Im not sure how far that will go in regard to classes added. There are quite a few items on the table which we will be looking to test in the near future using the 'current conflict guy'.

hmm

can we get a current non marpat marine too

PLEASSEE!!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (earl @ April 09 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think my textures are already very large - the basic M16 texture is 1024x512, which makes up the majority of file size.  I don't think it needs to be higher.  I've often wondered how some people get those extremely clean textures - maybe there's a trick to it, but if it's just because they use larger textures, then I think I'm at a perfect balance of quality and filesize.<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=24118

JPG might be the solution if you want those extremely clean textures...

jpg.jpg

But, Suma says </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While jpg textures can be used, you should be aware the performance hit for doing so is quite significant, as JPG decompression must be done by the CPU.

Another note is mimmapping does not work well with JPG textures in OFP, therefore objects viewed from larger distances may look "aliasing" (too fine texture used) and there is usually video card perfomance hit for using too large mipmaps for small objects. <span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, the PAC format is brutal on image quality, but I'll stick with it for the performance gain. Suma has replied to the JPG issue once before, warning about the potential performance hit. Personally, I think my rifle fits very well into the OFP environment - as everything else has grainy PAC textures.

Sorry about the lack of updates, but we HAVE been making progress! The pack has now entered internal closed beta. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Expect more screenshots and info as we progress through this stage of development.

Here's a few screen shots to update you on the progress of the Marines.....let me tell you the camo and weapons are kick ass!

usmc5.jpg

usmc6.jpg

usmc7.jpg

Great work Suchey and Earl! To see more screenshots Go to www.digitalgrenade.com  for more info!