Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Wow.. those look great. Any chance we can see US Army skins for those soldiers in the future? biggrin.gif

Maybe 82nd Airborne or 10th Mountain Div?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Jan. 14 2003,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks...I originally tried using the full molle packs, but the models animations arent built to move around it...when they crouch or go prone the pack clips into different sections of the model...I will, however, see what I can do...maybe I can come up with a solution of some sort.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey nice work !

They look incredible, can t wait to use them.

About the backpacks.

HK pack ( i think, but quite sure about it ) have units with big backpacks, they are found in resistance => diversomething or scoutdiver, something like that - could be wrong, i m at work, but i ll check tonight -.

Maybe you can checkout this unit to see how they overcame the clipping problem.  They are really big and long backpacks, in any case, bigger than the pick cloney showed.

Cheers

JAP-

Those packs that Suchey put on his Marines are the actual MOLLE II Packs that the Marines are currently putting into service.

if you guys like that go to the operation nothstar site, it has canadian soldiers in cadpat, which is the design that the USMC modified. please dont argue saying NO WE HAD IT FIRST...really, a company where I live invented it about 6 years ago and our entire army is outfitted with it (took to bloody long to enter service though).

ever see a man disapear 20 feet infront of you smile.gif

oh and another thing I read, marine force recon uses Iron sights only...quicker to get a sight picture at close range...not that it matters.............BRRRAAAP biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Jan. 16 2003,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">JAP-

Those packs that Suchey put on his Marines are the actual MOLLE II Packs that the Marines are currently putting into service.<span id='postcolor'>

Cloney,

If you read my post again you ll notice i just pointed out that they have large backpacks too without the clipping problem, so maybe he could check them out to solve his backpack problem. Not to take those backpacks.

Looks fantastic! However i do have a little request though. Could you model the helmet so that it isn'y attached to the soldiers had. Yes i know i sound a little bit vague, but have a look at the seb nam soldiers and the invasion44 troops to see what i mean. There youi can see that their helmets are 'loose' models (or so it seems). Well, i hope you take my request into cosidiration!

By the way, this might be a stupid question, but is there a winter marpat?

Arch.

I think there is probably a winter marpat, although I havent seen it...thus far I have seen Urab, Desert, and Woodland marpat.

Regarding Cadpat (Canadian digital patern cammo) they did have it first...the USMC started adoption AFTER the Canadians did. I think October of this year is the date set for full addoption across the USMC? Anyone know for sure? Both Cadpat and Marpat remind me alot of the German Flecktarn patterns.

Helmets...I will look into this, however, it may adds too many faces (which Im afraid it might as it would require a virtual 'liner' which would double the helmets polys). I may be able to do some 2 dimensional shading tricks to make the helmet feel more un-attached...Ill see what I can do.

Picture has been updated again. (see picture on first post in this thread) This time its the corpsman (medic). I toned down the medic symbols a tad. I also figured that since this guys role would involve being up to his elbows in wounded soldiers most of the day that he would probably tend to get a little 'messy'...so I included stains and 'chunks' on the sleeves and leg area to amke it appear as though hes been 'working'. The Molle system is also slightly altered to use a 'medics configuration'.

Suchey any way to possibly employ you to make modern day US ARMY TROOPS!

shot.jpg

Dude, what's that I see on the helmets? Is that a hole? Is that suppose to be there? confused.gif

the dark spot on top? No...it was just a misplaced texture...its already been fixed.

Didn't know that, me was almost thinking that it belonged there, since I don't know much about marpat. biggrin.gif

Nice marines though.

SO Suchey do you think when yoru done with the marines you'll make standard issue army soldiers, basically give them the body armor the vest and rup out them on frandsen's marines and touch up?

To do US Army Troops he'd need to add ALICE Packs and the older LBV-88 Vests.

I think I will just be concentrating on the woodland marpat for this pack. Ive seen Desert, Woodland, and Urban Marpat, but havent seen a winter pattern...although I bet it looks really kewl if it exists! The troops actually dont look out of place in the desert as they stand...I think someone could easily use them in their desert missions. The marpat does a good job of conforming to its environment! I MAY revisit the pack in the future and add different cammo types, but for now I want to focus on getting the woodland pattern pack just right.

picture updated again...(first post of thread). The current picture shows progress on the Spec Ops class...(Force Recon).