Jump to content
bovine3dom

Interiors for CUP buildings

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The 16AA is proud to present a little mod we've been working on for a few weeks. It replaces many buildings from CUP Terrains - Core with their counterparts from the Contact DLC, to the point where most buildings on e.g. Chernarus now have interiors.

 

JwrE2QF.jpg

 

aSPxmZt.jpg

 

Fj3kAHL.jpg

 

There are a few glitches where the ground clips through buildings. We don't see any way of fixing this - we had no luck with adding scripts to init events. If anyone has any ideas we're all ears.

 

 

For clarity, this replaces the CUP buildings at a config level and therefore replaces them on any maps that use them. It does not provide any maps itself. You'll probably want CUP Terrains - Maps for that.


Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883956552

Direct download: https://github.com/16AAModTeam/LSR-public/releases/latest/download/@16aa_public.zip [NB: this link will contain all of our public mods, which is currently just the interiors]

 

 

Thanks to Dunwall who did most of the leg work of working out which buildings could be replaced with which, the people on the CUP Discord for their help, commy2 for convincing me to give up with trying to replace the buildings in a clever way, and the developers of HEMTT for making continuous integration possible for ArmA mods 🙂

Edited by bovine3dom
Fixed broken link
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG! People has been asking for something like this for Ages! Totally changes my horror mission on Kulima! Hope it also works good on Emita!

 

Thank you very much guys! You are the kinda guys who make this community AMAZING!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this similar to what was done with DS_Houses?  Obviously the big difference is it's Contact interiors instead of scratch made interiors.  Definitely want to try this out.  DS_Houses is great, but the version I have was never finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get this error when launching this mod using Steam version. Will try the other download.

error.jpg

 

Edit :No problem launching using the alternate download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, major-stiffy said:

I get this error when launching this mod using Steam version. Will try the other download.

error.jpg

 

Someone else just reported this on Steam. Are you doing anything slightly unusual, like running with file patching on? That file is a build time dependency (but is indeed missing). I haven't been able to reproduce the error myself.

 

3 minutes ago, gatordev said:

So is this similar to what was done with DS_Houses?  Obviously the big difference is it's Contact interiors instead of scratch made interiors.  Definitely want to try this out.  DS_Houses is great, but the version I have was never finished.

 

It's similar in that there are now houses with interiors on any terrains or missions placing CUP buildings. We didn't make any buildings ourselves and don't have any control over the exact placement of the buildings, which don't line up perfectly with the buildings that they have replaced, so there will be more glitches. On the other hand, we replace more buildings, 23, and all modern ArmA features should just work (e.g. damage penetration).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pushed an update to Steam Workshop (which was the only version effected) that should fix that error.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bovine3dom said:

running with file patching on?

 

I do.... I guess you've got it fixed now though.

 

Thanks for the mod !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Holy sh*t!

 

The AI actually uses the interiors for cover.

 

That puts this mod with CUP terrains on the same level as Altis.

 

Well done!

 

To expand.  I placed a Chedaki rifle group and synced it with a CBA defense module, and the riflemen used the building interiors as cover.

 

Y'all know that because of this mod Blue casualties will likely increase.

Edited by badanov
Expand on comments
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

velzevul - thanks. I guess that was attached to the building. Removing that object from CUP is the only way I see of fixing it unless anyone has bright ideas about how we can fix the offsets.

Does anyone know if that object is widely used? Are we safe to remove it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested your mod on one of my regular scenarios in Beketov, and the buildings were there, but the AI didn't occupy them.

 

Dunno why they didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, badanov said:

Tested your mod on one of my regular scenarios in Beketov, and the buildings were there, but the AI didn't occupy them.

 

Dunno why they didn't.


I would think it's because the AI are server side and see the original buildings, whereas the building replacements are client side

Also, Chernarus specific, you would need to remove all of these from the map
"Land_SignB_Gov","Land_SignB_GovSign","Land_SignB_Pub_RU1","Land_SignB_Pub_CZ2"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave_beastttt said:


I would think it's because the AI are server side and see the original buildings, whereas the building replacements are client side

Also, Chernarus specific, you would need to remove all of these from the map
"Land_SignB_Gov","Land_SignB_GovSign","Land_SignB_Pub_RU1","Land_SignB_Pub_CZ2"

 

This was played in a single player environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave_beastttt said:

Also, Chernarus specific, you would need to remove all of these from the map
"Land_SignB_Gov","Land_SignB_GovSign","Land_SignB_Pub_RU1","Land_SignB_Pub_CZ2"

 

Thanks! What do you think would be the best way of doing that?

 

I'm tempted to just replace those objects with empty ones as a separate PBO distributed in the mod as it doesn't seem like it would be a great loss. If people don't want them removed they could delete that PBO.

 

A map patch seems like it would be quite a lot more work? I don't really know what I'm doing there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, quick question for you:

While it replaces the buildings with ones 'from the contact DLC', I can't for the life of me remember if the revamped arma 2 buildings were apart of the free platform update or not. Have you tested anyone that doesn't own contact being able to play with the mod enabled?

Or a more pointed way - does it require the DLC to work, ye or nay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I generally like the idea behind this mod I think especially for CUP Chernarus it would be better to place/replace those building per hand as well as maybe add some of the new buildings ( small health center, foodstore , police station etc ) to the small towns, villages and settlements..It also would be cool to swap some of the trees and stuff 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Farquharson said:

Hey, quick question for you:

While it replaces the buildings with ones 'from the contact DLC', I can't for the life of me remember if the revamped arma 2 buildings were apart of the free platform update or not. Have you tested anyone that doesn't own contact being able to play with the mod enabled?

Or a more pointed way - does it require the DLC to work, ye or nay?

 

It doesn't require the DLC - I don't own it myself 🙂

 

2 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

While I generally like the idea behind this mod I think especially for CUP Chernarus it would be better to place/replace those building per hand as well as maybe add some of the new buildings ( small health center, foodstore , police station etc ) to the small towns, villages and settlements..It also would be cool to swap some of the trees and stuff 🙂

 

I don't think anyone would disagree with you - that would be better. It would also be vastly more work. Without a hint of sarcasm, I'm sure CUP would love to talk to anyone who was interested in helping out. I hope this mod inspires someone to do it properly, but until then we have this 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome contribution to the community.  Thanks much!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bovine3dom said:

 

Thanks! What do you think would be the best way of doing that?

 

I'm tempted to just replace those objects with empty ones as a separate PBO distributed in the mod as it doesn't seem like it would be a great loss. If people don't want them removed they could delete that PBO.

 

A map patch seems like it would be quite a lot more work? I don't really know what I'm doing there.


The only way I found to do it was to use hideObjectGlobal server side, but you might get a result using hideObject clientside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my Beketov mission, the town clearing part begins here where you see many of your buildings' interiors.

 

In my last Chernarus mission (Winter) I did find one bot in a building,but I think he was emebbed in a wall (which is part of the reason he got me)

 

This is similar to the way bots used buildings in the Open Chernarus project.  Part of the reason why for this behavior maybe that I use the programatic command CBA_fnc_taskDefend instead of setting down a module.  When I first tested your mod I used the module, and it worked very well.

 

Anyway, the start of the building clearing part of the missionn on Winter Chernarus can be found here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, velzevul said:

met small glitch in Krasnostav.

 

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm working on fixing it.

tewmPuT.jpg

 

This is better, right? 😄  (Edit: I've fixed it for real now, will probably do a real release on Monday. If anyone wants to test in the meantime, click the most recent link on https://github.com/16AAModTeam/LSR-public/actions and then click "Artifacts" in the top right to download the latest development build of the mod.)

---

 

I have no idea what causes the AI to use or not use buildings. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears 🙂

Edited by bovine3dom
Sunday is not Monday
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried this mod for the first time a short while ago and absolutely love what it adds!

 

We may have found one bug thought. We think the issues was with one building not correctly finding its damage model so when we were inside it and it got damaged, the game glitched like mad until we were all ejected from the building and the damaged building was not enterable. It was the Restaurant building in Cherno that we had this issue with. We could not replicate it with other buildings - i.e. on deliberately damaging them, the correct model appeared and people were not spat out of the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×