Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Mt-lb pack release 2 !

Actually that´s the firs pic that i see where the barrels are not black, looks like museum stuff and the paint is just that the barrels don´t rust outside, but who can tell. And about the yellow pods i must say this that where i come from most practise stuff is painted yellow or they are yellow plastic, landmines, claymores, handgrenades, pipebombs etc.

If the unit in the pic were finnish i would say that it is most definetly a dummy rocket. But i´m not a crew member of sa-13 so i really can´t tell for sure.

I have some other pictures that show the ZU-23 during duty with green barrels:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

The only picture I have which shows the ZU-23 with a black barrel is this which shows a Finnish ZU-23 (at least thats what they said on the webpage):

Picture 4

Regards, PSC

P.S.: Picture 2 might be a black barrel (hard to distinguish for me).

Heh, so there is paint in the barrels i see. Sorry about the fuss.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only picture I have which shows the ZU-23 with a black barrel is this which shows a Finnish ZU-23 (at least thats what they said on the webpage):

<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.pvo.ru/zu23/zu23.htm

This time no bug report PSC wink.gif Just an idea...

I was thinking last night while playing (finally ! ) with the SA-13 against some helis and F18s (well the SA-13 against me) smile.gif

PSC can be possible add some extra smoke to the trail of the SAM? I mean for have something a little more like this...

sam.jpg

(another pic from the movie "Behind Enemy Lines")

I notice that when soldiers fire their Strela or Stinger the smoke of those SAMs are more stronger than the ones of the SA-13 ( !! ) It can be nice if some value is changed in the config.cpp for have at least that same smoke in the SA-13 ones. It will add very much fear to see the SAMs comming with heavy smoke behind! (the actual have little smoke and you can barely see it comming) And more that now with the last air units addons that have that great feature of have an alarm when a missile locks you!! Great.

Just an idea before the next .exe is uploaded wink.gif Thanks!

Vik

I had the same idea Vikingo when I made the custom smoke for the machinegun. The problem is, I'm not very good at config.cpp related things. If there is no other addon that has a feature where I can look how I can archive the same, I'm pretty helpless.

Besides that I think that the smoke for the rockets is defined in the game config and cannot be altered manually without editing the main config.bin (but I guess I would have said the same to the machinegun smoke if I would not have seen that it is possible).

Next to that smoke is a real performance killer. And a big smoke trail that comes out of the rocket and that stays in air for a few seconds would slow down the game a lot I assume. Especially if you fire more than one rocket, or if there is more than just one SA-13.

Others than that a very good special effect!

PSC

P.S.: The smoke on the Strela 10 rockets is not less than on other AA rockets. You just think that because it's faster than the Stinger for instance. The ammount of smoke that comes out of the rocket is the same though.

Hola PSC!

Thanks for the explanation of the situation about the SAMs... I think I have a solution for the smoke and I had it in front of my eyes ALL time. Why? Well let's travel to the past: I was the one that made a humble but the first SAM addon for the game. It was the "SAM BMP" ( !! ) tounge.gif haha

But I want to ask you if you please can test it and then let me know what do you think about the simulation I did with the missile smoke (I change it for have more smoke and also for a more slow launch and more smoke there also! ) I make a try some minutes ago and it still works very nice and you can see the SAM comming your way all the time and I put more deadly values there and some times the SA-13 fails but this SAM BMP is a killer haha

Of course can't compare with your great addon but maybe you will can use the simulation of the SAMs I use in the config.cpp inside the SA-13 and have that smoke we want wink.gif

Here is a pic and the link for download this ancient addon...

addons_viksambmp.jpg

The addon can be found right here (zip file)

A readme is included and check the part when I wonder that someone make a nice SAM for the game some day wink.gif and that day finally arrives...

The part of the config.cpp about the SAMs is this one...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

class CfgAmmo

{

class default {};

class AT3: Default {};

class CarlGustav: AT3 {};

class AA: CarlGustav {};

class VIKSAM: AA

{

hit=350;

indirectHit=100;

indirectHitRange=8;

minRange=50;

minRangeProbab=0.500000;

midRange=400;

midRangeProbab=0.950000;

maxRange=1200;

maxRangeProbab=0.800000;

airLock=1;

irlock=0;

cost=20000;

manualControl=0;

maxControlRange=1000;

maxleadspeed=250;

maxSpeed=250;

thrustTime=5000;

thrust=225;

maneuvrability=4.000000;

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default {};

class LAWLauncher: Default {};

class CarlGustavLauncher: LAWLauncher {};

class AT3Launcher: CarlGustavLauncher {};

class VIKSAMLauncher: AT3Launcher

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

weaponType=65536;

magazineType=0;

ammo="VIKSAM";

displayName="SA-9 SAM";

displayNameMagazine="SA-9 SAM";

shortNameMagazine="SA-9 SAM";

count=4;

reloadTime=6.000000;

magazinereloadtime=45;

sound[]={"\VIKSAMBMP\sam.ogg",1.003162,1};

reloadSound[]={"\VIKSAMBMP\samreload.ogg",1.000316,1};

initSpeed=30;

primary=10;

canLock=2;

maxLeadSpeed=600;

autoReload=1;<span id='postcolor'>

Weird but works quite well wink.gif

Of course I try to check yours but no way to open the PBO sad.gif I want to help in this if I can. Really the SAM looks more nice with more smoke there... So please give it a try to the SAM BMP hehe

Thanks and best wishes!

Vik

Stupid question - is the the MTLB with the ZU23 on top a legit variant, or a field expedient?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stupid question - is the the MTLB with the ZU23 on top a legit variant, or a field expedient?<span id='postcolor'>

No stupid question. I think is a legit vartiant. Check this pic that was posted by PSC some posts above...

chechnyamilpvo02.jpg

Seems they use them in Chechnya...

Hey Vikingo!

The ZIP file seems to be damaged. I can download it, but if I try to open it it does not work. But I think I don't need to download it because you posted the importand parts (the weapon and ammo CFG Sections).

Lets look at them:

you have a maxspeed of 250 km/h for your VIKSAM. I have a maxspeed of 1500 km/h (the real life speed of the Strela 10 missile would even be around 1800 km/h to 2000 km/h). We use the same ammount of smoke, but in your case more smoke is visible because the rocket does not need to fly so far in one second like in my rocket. Lets look at the picture to explain it:

rocket.jpg

You can see that if we have the same ammount of smoke particles the slower rocket looks like it has more smoke than the faster rocket.

What I really need is something like this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgCloudlets

{

class CloudletsMissile {};

class StrelaSmoke: CloudletsMissile

{

access = ReadOnlyVerified;

interval = 0.00005;

cloudletSize = 10;

cloudletAlpha = 0.2;

cloudletDuration = 0.85;

cloudletAnimPeriod = 1;

cloudletGrowUp = 0.2;

cloudletFadeIn = 0.0;

cloudletFadeOut = 0.5;

cloudletAccY = 0;

cloudletMinYSpeed = -10;

cloudletMaxYSpeed = 10;

cloudletColor[] = {1, 1, 1, 0};

initT = 0;

deltaT = 0;

class Table

{

class T0 {maxT = 0; color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0};}

}

cloudletShape = "missileSmoke";

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

Some kind of new cloudlet entry in the config that the rocket would use. But it does not work unfortunately...

PSC

P.S.: As far as I know it is common to mount the ZU-23 on top of vehilces (MT-LB's or trucks) to give fire support for infantry. I doubt that they really needed them for AA in Chechnya.

Hola PSC!

Aha! you are having your revenge with me posting pictures to explain the stuff haha biggrin.gif

I got the idea 100% and sure the speed is the "problem" of the smoke trails. You are right! Thanks for the explanation.

I just send you an email to your P.Lavos account with the SAM BMP attached wink.gif I will fix that file ASAP. Thanks for the advice, have to fix that ASAP. U see... You are striking back hard telling all in the open forums my bugs with bad uploaded files tounge.gif

Vik

I want to use this addon but I think I've found a bug.

The SA13 (winter,2) has two batteries of 4 missiles each. Only the first 4 seem to fire, the rest never reload (hud shows 4/1 in red).

Anyone else have this problem? Known problem? Are all the SA13 units bugged like this?

Are you familiar with a forum rule that says that you can't dig up a topic older than three months??

In this case it's more than 1.5 years old!!

Are you familiar with a forum rule that says that you can't dig up a topic older than three months??

In this case it's more than 1.5 years old!!

it changed to only if you have a Valid question or bug that aint been explained anywhere else.

I want to use this addon but I think I've found a bug.

The SA13 (winter,2) has two batteries of 4 missiles each. Only the first 4 seem to fire, the rest never reload (hud shows 4/1 in red).

Anyone else have this problem? Known problem? Are all the SA13 units bugged like this?

I think she's got a good point here. Doesn't matter if it's 1.5 years old, I've seen threads like this open up from 2 years ago for bugs.

The reload just takes a long time. I'm not sure exactly how long, but I think it was the same with WGL 4.0, and judging how fast that AH64D was heading towards me...

About a minute or so?

It's not a bug as far as I know.

If I remember correctly the team that made this pack disbanded and the pack was left open for the public...although please correct me if this is not the case. If so it should be an easy fix for any addonmaker that perhaps wants to rerelease it with some fixes and new features. Al..I'm not sure what type of mission you're making, but the Lost Brothers might be using this addon in the future when we get to our Syrian stuff as we're now almost finished with most of the Egyptian stuff.

Untill then, we got that nifty Egyptian SA-6... of coarse it can't shoot down much (more for a light show and to scare the hell out of you if you're playing as a pilot)...but I think Calm Terror improved the SA-6 in the next upcoming release so that its a little more dangerous.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This addon is from Sebastian Müller and Marfy.

However, there where two versions released, you do have version 2.2 don't you theavonlady?

I have 2.2 and I know its slow, but it reloads after a while.

I hope this hellps.

@CERO.

I suppose ZG really didn't read it all, including the bit about the changed rule, did he?

Agree with @cero, the lengthy reload time is there to represent the fact that 2 crew have to debus, manually handle the empty boxes and reloads then re-embark before carrying on with the war. If you can do that in level-headed fashion with enemy armour bearing down on you, then I DEFINITELY want you in my army...

Thud and Blunder, now relocated to Kuwait

First, bureaucracy:

Quote[/b] ]§4)Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

I asked a sigificant question on precisely the thread that deals with the subject.

Next, I found the cause of the delay. Set the unit's SKILL on maximum and it reloads in about 50-55 seconds. Set SKILL to minimum and it takes a ridiculous 5 minutes! wow_o.gif

So, as configured, I cannot use this unit. sad_o.gif

sad_o.gif sorry avon, rules must have changed since I last looked (which was a long time ago). You were right and didn't break the forum rules by posting a bug-report/question.

I didn't know skill-level changes reload-time. Quite a strange thing. Must have been implemented to simulate untrained tankcrews in reloading (those are slower than highly trained crews). But on a unit with a very high reload time it's a very stupid thing and ruins the unit.

A reload time of 5 minutes is indeed very long.

But in RL this may actually amazingly short. I don't think the missiles can be reloaded in just 5 minutes. But in RL missiles are also a lot more dangerous than in OFP.

First, bureaucracy:
Quote[/b] ]§4)Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

I asked a sigificant question on precisely the thread that deals with the subject.

Next, I found the cause of the delay. Set the unit's SKILL on maximum and it reloads in about 50-55 seconds. Set SKILL to minimum and it takes a ridiculous 5 minutes! wow_o.gif

So, as configured, I cannot use this unit. sad_o.gif

Never knew tanks reloaded faster on higher/lower skill levels!!

Never knew tanks reloaded faster on higher/lower skill levels!!

Sure!

Usually it makes a difference of just a few seconds but that can be critical in the heat of a battle, especially if the enemy reloads faster.

This has been true in OFP all along.

The SA13 is reloaded manually thus it takes quite some time.

The SA13 is reloaded manually thus it takes quite some time.

Yes but still the difference between min/max skill levels is almost 4 minutes!

And if it takes so long in real life, I assume a skilled crew couldn't succeed in 55 seconds, according to what you're implying.