Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Mh47e chinook released

We have tracked down the jeep bug to a rogue bit of fire geometry, it has been removed, and tests prove it 100% sucsessful.

Give us a week and version 1.1 will be with you

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Jan. 04 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i remember a long time (v1.30)ago that someone released a tow hook for the chinook that could pick up vehicles and drag them from the bottom. mabye you could do something like that but keep it up in the chopper hull. just an idea. btw i LOVE YOUR ADDONS biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was not an addon but a script. So it's possible to use a script to simulate the helicopter picking up jeeps, troops, and other equipment. You don't see the wire however.

That would be one AMAZING achievement if they made an animated hoist that lowered a cable that you could actually "get in" to. Perhaps someone will make some dedicated SAR helicopters with that capability where the "gunner" position is the end of the hook (no weapon of coarse and with a different soldier animation) with a animated hook and wire that extends downward maybe 50 meters.

It would be nice for example to have a CH-53 with that capability.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 04 2003,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be one AMAZING achievement if they made an animated hoist that lowered a cable that you could actually "get in" to.<span id='postcolor'>

Possibly something like a "rappel down" action for people sitting in the cargo area would be possible to be scripted, which would move them to the cargo of a rope (a separate object, scripted to stay with the chopper) moving downwards from the bottom...

True keg but would you have to make it where they would be at the bottom of the rope and hit get out or change it to leg go could it be posible for a slideing animation? www.ofpec.com has alot of good scripts for all that with no rope.

dont get me wrong here. .i love ur addon. . and im glad u finialy released it. .but if u dont have the script workin for it. .then its not "finished" am i right?. . so if its not in final version. . .then why relese it?. .why not complte it fully b4 releasing it? im not trying to be an asshole here. u guys to great work and everything. .but if ur gonna wait this long to release it. . then wait a lil longer and finish it. . .and secondly. .why release the other ones first and then go back and fix the MH47E when u can fix it now. .release final version of it then move on to project 2. just a suggestion

The Altimiter is phugged. It's reads just fine so long as you are tilted. But if you level out the chinook, the altitude reads -1 all the time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 05 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Altimiter is phugged.  It's reads just fine so long as you are tilted.  But if you level out the chinook, the altitude reads -1 all the time.<span id='postcolor'>

Tax Payer Dollars at work! Everyone say "Thanks Mr. Clinton!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 05 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dont get me wrong here. .i love ur addon.  . and im glad u finialy released it. .but if u dont have the script workin for it. .then its not "finished" am i right?. . so if its not in final version. . .then why relese it?. .why not complte it fully b4 releasing it? im not trying to be an asshole here. u guys to great work and everything. .but if ur gonna wait this long to release it. . then wait a lil longer and finish it. . .and secondly. .why release the other ones first and then go back and fix the MH47E when u can fix it now. .release final version of it then move on to project 2. just a suggestion<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree. The helicopter is for the most part working fine. Also often it's only when it's released to the public that a lot of problems that missed the beta testers are discovered. Finally, the helicopter is perfectly usable as it is and ready for missions. I'm more then happy to update it later when a new version comes out. But until then I'm having a blast making missions with this version and the Operation Code Blue troops.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Jan. 05 2003,20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 05 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Altimiter is phugged.  It's reads just fine so long as you are tilted.  But if you level out the chinook, the altitude reads -1 all the time.<span id='postcolor'>

Tax Payer Dollars at work! Everyone say "Thanks Mr. Clinton!"<span id='postcolor'>

What?

And what is the trick to loading vehicles in there!!! I really don't wanna use the setpos command every time I need to get in. I've tried a jeep, I can't get in. Just bounces like crazy. I've tried jeep with mg, nope that didn't work. I tried a HMMWV, actually I did get that in there, but it bounces so much it shot me out the roof of the chopper lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 05 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But until then I'm having a blast making missions<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'>WHERE?</span>

sad.gif

I managed to barely squeeze a HMMWV in, there was about an inch of clearance on each side though smile.gif

That bouncing once you drive most vehicles inside needs to be fixed though.

maybe if it is possible bis could fix the game were the vehicles that you stuff inside the helos dont weigh 50 tons and you cant take off w/ them inside the helo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I managed to barely squeeze a HMMWV in, there was about an inch of clearance on each side though

That bouncing once you drive most vehicles inside needs to be fixed though.

<span id='postcolor'>

MH47Es are not made to be loaded with HMMWVs

a bike would be good if it could be transported.

then you could have the delta operator on a bike in mogadishu being extracted by a big chinook.

We just need BAS deltas now. Keep it up we're insatiable!

Regarding to bas delta´s i have one suggestion. If i remember correctly i saw an m249 in one delta´s hand in some screenshot. If that´s the case could you make a regular soldier with m249 also, it would be very useful and would increase the usage of that weapon in custom missions. So in the editor it would be like Machine Gunner (M249). Sorry about the offtopic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 05 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 05 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But until then I'm having a blast making missions<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe... I probably should finish up that USMC mission I was working on first.... actually one of the suckiest parts is trying to find links to the addons I used. sad.gif

I was just messing about with the MH-47 though. It won't be until the new Operation Code Blue soldiers are released that I'll release a mission with those units. But maybe I can make something with the black ops...but first... Marines... then probably some stuff with the BIB British troop addons and land rovers... I might start that one and then give it to TJ to polish up and to add the British voices perhaps. TJ's a wiz at scripts!!! Blows my mind what he's been doing lately!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Dumb question, but why an MH-47e? What's the difference from that and the CH-47?

Excuse my ignorance, but I just can't see the purpose of having another helicopter doing the exact same thing as another helicopter already ingame is. Maybe if someone could explain?

its a special ops version of the standard chinook, it has more fuel, has better armaments and better avionics not really much of a point apart from to serve special ops missions, pretty much the same reason we are doing the MH-60's, we will also be doing an AH-1W which although being a lot different to the ingame AH-1F is still a cobra, but with nearly all helicopters different versions serve different eras/forces/purposes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pong2cs @ Jan. 06 2003,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dumb question, but why an MH-47e? What's the difference from that and the CH-47?

Excuse my ignorance, but I just can't see the purpose of having another helicopter doing the exact same thing as another helicopter already ingame is. Maybe if someone could explain?<span id='postcolor'>

Because the MH-47E in real life is purpose designed for Special Ops missions designed for extreme low altitude insertions, resupply, and recovery of special operations soldiers deep behind enemy territory. In OFP the practical difference is not much accept that it looks ALOT meaner looking, has a more powerful door gun (minigun) and has an animated rear ramp. I believe that they're also going to add working flares to their next version as well.

Personally I love the MH-47E. It's very menacing looking bristling with weapons, FLIR/Radar, and ECM equipment. It always makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck seeing one of those bad-muthas coming at me. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As I have answered many a time:

The altimeter bug is caused by the RoadWay lod, it is apparent in the SEB Nam Pack H-47 too... there is nothing we can do about it...

*Looks at Suma wink.gif *

The cargo problem is caused by an object in the fire geometry, and has been fixed, it will be availble in version 1.1.

Miles Teg - regarding updting your missions there will be no need, they will use the same classname, and will have no major functionality changes. However, they will have a big long list of bugfixes biggrin.gif

Well i have DEPBO the Caro Version of the chopper and i saw there where Cargo proxys wow.gif and i del the Cargo proxys and PBO it and i gonna test so: before i did this in the cargo version you can ride in back but the unit was floting:D and now its vixed so its only the Cargo Proxys or am i wrong? wink.gif and there are already flares on and a Winch wats about it? and about the gunners vieuw: the M113 Proxy.01 is placed to high ( watch the pic the head is placed to high )

pic of the cargo proxy:

010620031072916.jpg

pic of the M113 gunner.01 proxy placed to high:

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphot....790.jpg

Could you add some more Realistic sounds and more realistic options and weapon layout's? it would be nice. biggrin.gif

The sounds of the Minigun are recorded froma minigun and the engine sound sounds good enoug confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 06 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The sounds of the Minigun are recorded froma  minigun and the engine sound sounds good enoug  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno what a gatling gun sounds like in real life, I've only seen it fire in the movies which is usually far from realistic.

CH-47's from Gilze Rijen airbase overfly my house rather frequently, the sound of this excellent addon is the best I've ever heard!

Ummmm... Waffendennis... that is the NORMAL p3d, the cargo version is named BAS_MH47E1.p3d...

The Gunner is in the correct position, otherwise his feet dissapear in the floor....

The M134 sound is recorded LIVE from an actual M134, I was there when they did it....

And as for the rotor sound, it is good enough...

Regarding weapon loadouts what else do you want?confused.gif the MH-47 carries either an M134, or an M2HB...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CH-47's from Gilze Rijen airbase overfly my house rather frequently, the sound of this excellent addon is the best I've ever heard!

<span id='postcolor'>

little detail, the CH47s are not stationed on Gilze Rijen, Soesterberg is the homebase of the Dutch CH47D

but they do fly over much here