32 minutes ago, Rok Stuhne said:

{_x setVariable ["respawnCount",6]} forEach (vehicles select {side _x == WEST});

working on infantry too?

No! We are speaking about respawn vehicle module.

Respawning units is specific. Editor for playable units. Respawning standard AIs is made by another module : AI can respawn. There is no different setting for respawning time.

Respawned vehicle sometimes don`t follow previos destroyed vehicle waypoint

7 hours ago, sammael said:

Respawned vehicle sometimes don`t follow previos destroyed vehicle waypoint

I can't help without more details or reproducible context. "Sometimes" is the hardest issue for any debug.

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I can't help without more details or reproducible context. "Sometimes" is the hardest issue for any debug.

Fox example. When the destroyed tank doesn`t "see" who destroyed it, , e.g. from a distance next spawned tank follows the old waypoint. But when tank entered the battle with a visible enemy and was destroyed in battle - next spawned tank don`t follows the old waypoint.

27 minutes ago, sammael said:

Fox example. When the destroyed tank doesn`t "see" who destroyed it, , e.g. from a distance next spawned tank follows the old waypoint. But when tank entered the battle with a visible enemy and was destroyed in battle - next spawned tank don`t follows the old waypoint.

Probably because this tank falls into combat mode. I guess it could be same if it wasn't destroyed (you can try with indestructible tank and crew).

(And probably, in both cases, it'll rally the waypoint if the area becomes clear.

This module is for respawning vehicle (+ crew, waypoints...) with minimum or no interaction with vanilla behaviours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pierremgi said:

No. But I can test to reproduce it on my side if you have a reproducible vanilla simple scenario, perhaps...

There are some reports about that, independently of my mod:

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/561

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/1319962244125164034/

https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/5bxz5r/ai_constantly_raise_and_lower_their_weapons/.

And cherry on the cake, remaining crucial issues with vanilla AI behaviors.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161166

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/?do=findComment&comment=3458895

So, no will on my side to elaborate more codes til BI doesn't dig into better FSMs avoiding so basic issue. I guess the stress is put on Reforger now.

ah not to worry. Yes i had seen this issue back in 2015 sometime and it was terrible and somewhere along the line i figured BIS fixed it as i didnt notice it.

Regardless i decided to keep things cleaner for scenario and only allow player group healing rights

On 5/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, pierremgi said:

No! We are speaking about respawn vehicle module.

Respawning units is specific. Editor for playable units. Respawning standard AIs is made by another module : AI can respawn. There is no different setting for respawning time.

hey...have some respawn player module questions: how can i set 2 of them for different sides?....currently am using one named MGI_resp_XXX.

How can i set it on the deck of the frigate/carrier etc etc  (marker has no Z axis) 

Thanks in advance for any insights. 🍻

1 hour ago, Rok Stuhne said:

hey...have some respawn player module questions: how can i set 2 of them for different sides?....currently am using one named MGI_resp_XXX.

How can i set it on the deck of the frigate/carrier etc etc  (marker has no Z axis) 

Thanks in advance for any insights. 🍻

SP simple respawn module is made for.... respawning in SP, so there is no need for 2 modules.

You can play in multiplayer session (even in solo) and benefit from mission parameters and BI respawn system for MP.

With my module, you can respawn on start position, on death position or on marker(s). Marker is selected at random if several. If you place a marker on top of a frigate, player is teleported at sea level. As you said, there is no elevation on marker. So, for respawning on board a frigate, I recommend the respawn at Start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

SP simple respawn module is made for.... respawning in SP, so there is no need for 2 modules.

You can play in multiplayer session (even in solo) and benefit from mission parameters and BI respawn system for MP.

With my module, you can respawn on start position, on death position or on marker(s). Marker is selected at random if several. If you place a marker on top of a frigate, player is teleported at sea level. As you said, there is no elevation on marker. So, for respawning on board a frigate, I recommend the respawn at Start.

I don't have a "start" option on the SP respawn module. Only death position and marker.

3 hours ago, Rok Stuhne said:

I don't have a "start" option on the SP respawn module. Only death position and marker.

Corrected.

New release  on Steam

The modules are now compatible with all cDLCs : SOG prairie fire, Western Sahara, CSLA Iron curtain and Global mobilization.

Drastically modified the prisoner (POW) module, for MP session (see documentation in mod folder)

Reworked scripts for better performance.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey PierreMGI! Awesome mod, truly a necessity for me! I just had a quick question regarding the "AI can respawn" module! I just wanted to know if it was possible to have multiple, say as an example, "MGIRespWestAI" markers, instead of just having 1 marker for a side to respawn on?

33 minutes ago, Yyo said:

Hey PierreMGI! Awesome mod, truly a necessity for me! I just had a quick question regarding the "AI can respawn" module! I just wanted to know if it was possible to have multiple, say as an example, "MGIRespWestAI" markers, instead of just having 1 marker for a side to respawn on?

Not planned. Multiple markers are for random selection? I didn't find it useful. I focused on : respawning on base (so marker), death position, start position.

But you can teleport your marker as you like. Add a simple script like:
[] spawn {while {true} do {sleep 5; "MGIRespWestAI" setMarkerPos selectRandom [.... your positions here....] };

You can pick any position on map by right click /log..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Not planned. Multiple markers are for random selection? I didn't find it useful. I focused on : respawning on base (so marker), death position, start position.

[] spawn {while {true} do {sleep 5; "MGIRespWestAI" setMarkerPos selectRandom [.... your positions here....] };

Hey PierreMGI, thanks for the reply! Yes, that seems to do the trick! Thanks so much!

16 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Hello, how would one do this? in an init.sqf? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. 

6 hours ago, James2791 said:

Hello, how would one do this? in an init.sqf? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. 

initServer.sqf  for MP, where you want in SP (initServer.sqf is fine also)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

initServer.sqf  for MP, where you want in SP (initServer.sqf is fine also)

Thanks for the help! Would it be possible, say, make it so the script recognizes markers of the same name, just with different numbers at the end (ex: RespMGIEast_2,RespMGIEast_1,RespMGIEast)  like the respawn markers from the "SP simple respawn" module (MGI_resp_XXX)? Make it so instead of typing the array in this manner, "RespMGIEast_2,RespMGIEast_1,RespMGIEast", I can type just "RespMGIEast_XXX" in the "selectRandom" array?

42 minutes ago, James2791 said:

Thanks for the help! Would it be possible, say, make it so the script recognizes markers of the same name, just with different numbers at the end (ex: RespMGIEast_2,RespMGIEast_1,RespMGIEast)  like the respawn markers from the "SP simple respawn" module (MGI_resp_XXX)? Make it so instead of typing the array in this manner, "RespMGIEast_2,RespMGIEast_1,RespMGIEast", I can type just "RespMGIEast_XXX" in the "selectRandom" array?

to do list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

to do list.

Awesome! Last question, I promise! I just wanted to ask if there will be any implementation of a ticket system(giving sides/groups certain amount of respawn tickets)? Or is there a way I can achieve this already? 

6 minutes ago, James2791 said:

Awesome! Last question, I promise! I just wanted to ask if there will be any implementation of a ticket system(giving sides/groups certain amount of respawn tickets)? Or is there a way I can achieve this already? 

AI can respawn is a "simple" module with limited options. There is no respawn ticket and I'm not sure to add that in future.

On the other hand, respawning... without any aim is not really fun. AIs respawn and so what? Respawned AI inside a group, at least, keeps waypoints if any.

If you need limited tickets (and conditions) I suggest you the spawn Groups attack module (the attack is not mandatory and you can spawn what you want, when you want, how much times you want).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

AI can respawn is a "simple" module with limited options. There is no respawn ticket and I'm not sure to add that in future.

On the other hand, respawning... without any aim is not really fun. AIs respawn and so what? Respawned AI inside a group, at least, keeps waypoints if any.

If you need limited tickets (and conditions) I suggest you the spawn Groups attack module (the attack is not mandatory and you can spawn what you want, when you want, how much times you want).

Of course, thanks for the help nonetheless and thanks for making such a great mod! Take care!

Hey Pierremgi, I hope all is well. I wanted to know if there is any method/way I can make it so respawned AI are spawned in a switchable/playable state?

2 hours ago, Yyo said:

Hey Pierremgi, I hope all is well. I wanted to know if there is any method/way I can make it so respawned AI are spawned in a switchable/playable state?

Playable (means MP session) is possible by the BI respawn system (these units are not concerned by my module)

For "AI can respawn" module,  switchable (so SP session) is already possible.

• Like 1

Hi Pierre, thanks for your great Moduls. I finished a Mission with some Civilian traffic and AI Civilian Spawns.

While Editor - MP Start everything works fine. But when I start the Mission on Dedicated and wanna connect with my Client I get message: Connection Lost - Verififying PBO failed: @MGI\addons\mgi_modules.pbo
Client and Server have same Version, Key is active on Server.
When I start the Server for testing without Modcontrol and enabled filepatching my Client Arma Crashes with an Violation Access Error.

May this be an result of this weeks Arma Update or a maybe not actual key?
This evening I tries also again to start the mission without MGI Moduls for investigating. But this moment itsstrange to start the search for the failure.

Thanks for your idea 🙂

1 hour ago, SirBassi said:

Hi Pierre, thanks for your great Moduls. I finished a Mission with some Civilian traffic and AI Civilian Spawns.

While Editor - MP Start everything works fine. But when I start the Mission on Dedicated and wanna connect with my Client I get message: Connection Lost - Verififying PBO failed: @MGI\addons\mgi_modules.pbo
Client and Server have same Version, Key is active on Server.
When I start the Server for testing without Modcontrol and enabled filepatching my Client Arma Crashes with an Violation Access Error.

May this be an result of this weeks Arma Update or a maybe not actual key?
This evening I tries also again to start the mission without MGI Moduls for investigating. But this moment itsstrange to start the search for the failure.

Thanks for your idea 🙂

Possible batteye issue? Could you test your mission without battleye?