Jump to content
snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, AirShark said:

yesterday, i did more tests and the results was amazing !

Thanks good to hear! :thumbs-up:

 

20 hours ago, AirShark said:

the Ai split, few of them took cover and mount static turrets others advanced and engage however when i flanked them they somehow got confused and all of them start engaging on one side even when they knew the situation and the position of the flankers...

Well the flanking feature right now is pretty much minimal and ARMA A.I. engine behaviour is that all A.I. unit(s) of a A.I. group will return to their formation sooner or later.

So could be after you moved to a new position ( flanked them ) they kind of re-grouped.

 

20 hours ago, AirShark said:

i noticed something... one of the Ai mounted AT turret (static turret) while the enemy Ai s where infantry side only, no vehicles in the field... he stays there till my Ai s group killed him 😄

im sure it will happens with the AA (static turrets) too, however i will do more tests next week 😉

Yes thats right.

So far there is no enemy ( vehicle ) check which i have to admit is kind of dumb if the A.I. enemy(s) are infantry only... :headscratch:

Good point! :thumbs-up:

But who knows!?!?! Maybe there would have come a tank from somewhere? No one knows! :icon2:

 

16 hours ago, Dragon_GER said:

I noticed it's kinda not working if AI is split between multiple headless Clients. The AI does not reinforce each other and neither are they sharing Information nor alerting other Units nearby, however in Singleplayer everything is working perfectly fine. 

So far this is one of the ARMA 3 A.I. parts i'm not aware of... :headscratch:

Still have to read how and what exactly they do.

 

So maybe this is the problem i guess? :icon2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean the headless client stuff? That's just a change of where the ai is local and gets calculated. Maybe that is causing issues?

Same goes for zeus created ai. This ai is local to the player who created them. (funny to see stucked ai if zeus game crashed or times out :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 7:37 PM, snkman said:

Oh Zeus...

If you would have told me this befor. :icon2:

 

Tactical Combat Link - ( TypeX ) v.1.0.27 ( ChangeLog )

 

Fixed:

( System ) Zeus: Zeus A.I. group(s) created by client(s) in multiplayer was not initialized correctly. ( Beta / W.I.P. )

 

So next version.

 

If i remember right there are some other mods Achilles and/or Ares which may will solve this client / server side problem for you till than.

 

Thanks for your feedback! :thumbs-up:

Is the URL missing from 3rd line?

Because I can't download v.1.0.27 nor read the ChangeLog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragon_GER said:

Do you mean the headless client stuff? That's just a change of where the ai is local and gets calculated. Maybe that is causing issues?

Same goes for zeus created ai. This ai is local to the player who created them. (funny to see stucked ai if zeus game crashed or times out :D)

Yap not sure if there is something special i have to do to get this working...?

So far i never used any HCs.

 

Did you talk about Zeus A.I. in particular?

If yes: I know currently A.I. in multiplayer created by Zeus are not switched to the server which makes them not initialize.

 

56 minutes ago, domokun said:

Is the URL missing from 3rd line?

Because I can't download v.1.0.27 nor read the ChangeLog

ChangeLog always is here.

So far there has been nothing released... :icon1:

I was just telling zephyrsouza that i'm already aware of his problem.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not zeus in particular, but i use offloading ai to headless clients quit a lot in my missions and i noticed this behavior of the ai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dragon_GER said:

Not zeus in particular, but i use offloading ai to headless clients quit a lot in my missions and i noticed this behavior of the ai.

Okay.

I will defenetly keep that in mind an add it to my to do list. :icon2::thumbs-up:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@snkman: I think I found another subtle little glitch:

 

- I set up an opfor camp for indulging myself sneaking in on unsuspecting enemies.

- One of the groups in the camp is made to sit down on the ground using BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat.

    In particular:   { [_x, "SIT_LOW"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat} forEach units grp_1

 

=> As soon as that group begins to chill on the ground, their comrades in the other opfor groups seem to get upset about their lazy behavior and come running from all sides with weapons ready. They barely refrain from killing their sitting fellows, but keep running around the sitting group for a while, not knowing what to do :).

And, worst of all, they are alarmed now before registering a single real enemy.

 

I believe this is caused by some specifics of BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat:

This function always seems to spawn some blufor entities for displaying the animation, while hiding the original units.

TCL opfor AI then probably registers those spawned blue entities (whatever they are) as threats.

 

Maybe you can add a check in your code to prevent such entities from being registered as blufor units?

 

This is really not high prio, but it keeps breaking my little mission. I tried working around it for a while, but to no avail.

Many thanks

     A.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Snk i was testing TCL today and i found something ^ ^

first, error message that pops up randomly...        https://imgur.com/qP0Yfxb

...and i noticed that Tanks rarely fires on enemies in close range, and when they flank they move to much close to the target that they couldnt shoot especially in the bompy  hills and mountains, maybe because the gunner cant lower the cannon when the driver is 1 step close to the enemy 😀

However i will do more tests Later....  :wink_o:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only me getting error at 0.19 ->updated to 0.21 while any artillery presence on the map

(or squad carried mortars -on-backpacks) and player group is "known"? or it's been already mentionaed somewhere previously which i missed?? oO

 

*added*

 

As added information

ASR_AI (no error) groups react as usual (no Arty reaction)

VCOM AI (no error) enemy deploys mortars or uses far arty untis  and rains hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 5:25 PM, AirShark said:

Hello Snk i was testing TCL today and i found something ^ ^

first, error message that pops up randomly...        https://imgur.com/qP0Yfxb

...and i noticed that Tanks rarely fires on enemies in close range, and when they flank they move to much close to the target that they couldnt shoot especially in the bompy  hills and mountains, maybe because the gunner cant lower the cannon when the driver is 1 step close to the enemy 😀

However i will do more tests Later....  :wink_o:

Hey AirShark. :icon5:

 

Thanks for your feedback. :thumbs-up:

Guess the error message already should be solved if i remember correctly...

 

Good find with the movement.

Well A.I. movement and finding the right calculation to decide if they should move or not in general is some kind of pain in the ass. :icon2:

I already changed some of the settings to make A.I. move in multiple smaller steps instead of little big ones but given to area / terrain just as you already noticed is pretty damn hard to find the right ratio...

Personally i don't like to have A.I. sitting on the same spot for eternity but on the other hand... making them rush straight into their enemy(s) of course shouldn't be the right way to go as well.

But at some point ( after loosing LOS / enemy knowledge ) A.I. will start to search their last known enemy position which may will lead them straight into their enemy(s) if they are already still at the same position.

 

19 hours ago, giorgygr said:

It's only me getting error at 0.19 ->updated to 0.21 while any artillery presence on the map

(or squad carried mortars -on-backpacks) and player group is "known"? or it's been already mentionaed somewhere previously which i missed?? oO

Yap it is indeed a bug.

Anyway... Thanks for reporting giorgygr. :thumbs-up:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Snk i made more tests today = )

i found that the machinegunners are extremely slow to aim and shoot during CQBs (pretty much forever)... not sure if it was fatigue or another issue i will make more test for it later :3

however, i played with Ai for the whole day and i found that they are not taking empty/stationary vehicles as cover... during the test when the Ai got suppressed and pulled down by the enemy i drove my heavy truck to them in order to cover them and block enemy suppressing... they just ignore it and pass it away and getting shot by the enemy 🤨

i wish if you can add objects and stationary vehicles as cover for the Ai that would make the whole difference :p

...good luck with the v.1.0.31 cant wait for the release 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @snkman I'm having a little problem with your mod (which we are absolutely loving btw) and ALiVE Combat Support. Basically I have a transport helicopter flown by AI using the ALiVE Combat Support module that's supposed to come pick us up on a hot LZ but it's conflicting with TCL and it keeps switching the helicopter from careless to combat and limited speed to full speed, then it lands for about one second then goes right back in the air and starts flying around seemingly randomly and won't obey any further commands to land. I've tried the setVariable TCL_Disable in both the group and unit init but the problem is persisting. Any ideas of how I can fix this? It's definitely TCL because I take that out and it works just fine. Also, I believe tried using a [this land "get in"] command in the init in Zeus and it did the same thing but I'll double check that tomorrow because I could be mistaken. 

 

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your feedback AirShark! :thumbs-up:

 

16 hours ago, AirShark said:

i found that the machinegunners are extremely slow to aim and shoot during CQBs (pretty much forever)... not sure if it was fatigue or another issue i will make more test for it later :3

Yes i noticed that too.

This may or may not could be caused because i had to disable the micro A.I. "TARGET" feature of ARMA 3 which made A.I. unit(s) stuck at their position for some time after their group leader assigned target(s) to them.

Also the doTarget and doFire commands have this exact same behaviour and this is why i'm sadly not allowed to use them.

Bug or very strange feature... Idk...

 

This is one of my personal most confusing ARMA 3 A.I. behaviours so far! :icon1:

I don't understand what's the point in making A.I. stop not able to move somewhere where ever it get's an enemy assigned... Really very confusing behaviour... :headscratch:

 

May those commands could help A.I. getting faster aim on target(s) but it is what it is... I'm still trying and testing those commands to see if there was made any changes / fixes in any the Beta / Development version(s) of ARMA 3.

 

16 hours ago, AirShark said:

however, i played with Ai for the whole day and i found that they are not taking empty/stationary vehicles as cover... during the test when the Ai got suppressed and pulled down by the enemy i drove my heavy truck to them in order to cover them and block enemy suppressing... they just ignore it and pass it away and getting shot by the enemy 🤨

i wish if you can add objects and stationary vehicles as cover for the Ai that would make the whole difference 😛

...good luck with the v.1.0.31 cant wait for the release 🤭

Yes that's true.

I switched from nearestObjects command to nearestTerrainObjects command since v.1.0.19 just because its way more easyer to use and in terms of code performance way more efficient by returns terrain objects ( Trees / Stones / Rocks / Bushes / Houses ) only.

You don't have to to sort tons of other none cover objects out of it but as you already noticed it really is restricted to terrain objects only which excludes vehicles and all other editor placed objects.

 

Yeah stupid me already started with v.1.0.31 because changes of v.1.0.27 have been way too much and i dont wanted to extend it even more. :icon2:

Well guess i can say that i made some really very good changes and improvements in terms of A.I. movement and A.I. combat behaviour in general ( most of them based on your testings and feedback b.t.w. ) during the last week which made me not release anything so far... :icon1:

But really i will not add / change anything more right now just some more testings make sure everything is in place and working and releasing it! That's really my main goal right now!

Just get it out FINALLY god damn it! :icon5:

 

Well v.1.0.31 will have much more cover objects available which A.I. unit(s) are able to use.

I added Trees / Walls and Houses which pretty much improves A.I. cover usage especially during C.Q.B. combat situations and in urban areas.

 

5 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Hey @snkman I'm having a little problem with your mod (which we are absolutely loving btw) and ALiVE Combat Support. Basically I have a transport helicopter flown by AI using the ALiVE Combat Support module that's supposed to come pick us up on a hot LZ but it's conflicting with TCL and it keeps switching the helicopter from careless to combat and limited speed to full speed, then it lands for about one second then goes right back in the air and starts flying around seemingly randomly and won't obey any further commands to land. I've tried the setVariable TCL_Disable in both the group and unit init but the problem is persisting. Any ideas of how I can fix this? It's definitely TCL because I take that out and it works just fine. Also, I believe tried using a [this land "get in"] command in the init in Zeus and it did the same thing but I'll double check that tomorrow because I could be mistaken. 

 

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Thanks. :icon5:

 

If i remember correctly there already was someone with exactly the same problem. ( Don't know if he was able to fix it? )

 

If you use:

this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

In the helicopters A.I. group composition field it shoud totally disable / exclude this A.I. group from getting initialized by T.C.L. and keep this A.I. group pure vanilla.

 

But you already tryed it without success...

You totally sure you did it right?

Use "this" for A.I. group composition init and "group this" for A.I. unit init?

 

If you like and you're not able to solve it you could just upload the mission somewhere and send me the link so i could check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, snkman said:

 

Use "this" for A.I. group composition init and "group this" for A.I. unit init?

 

 

 

omg I'm an idiot haha. Yep, that fixed it, I had them switched up. My bad! Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

from the change log: ( A.I. ) Helicopters: Added check to prevent helicopter(s) which are not armed and without cargo unit(s) get requested as reinforcement(s).

the unarmed/non cargo helicopters like the Bell OH-58 Kiowa/Little birds are made for Reconnaissance support to spot the enemy locations and collecting some data during combats... very useful during night time some of them have thermal/NVG support and advanced avionics  :wink_o: and they are used as reinforcements in RL to reveal hidden enemies or report the situations and states as well as calling airstrikes/artillery strikes collecting pictures/videos jamming radars filling the sky with flares to help ground troops at night... and even more  = ) 

...they are not made to just fly around :upside:

Helicopters without armament and cargo space have their own special role... becuase of their reliability and low profile...  widely used by special forces 

it would be cool to be requested by Ai if they share the informations and datas with the ground troops and making it loitering on the enemy positions :tounge2:

these helicopters are more useful than the armed once in most situations even the civilian looking ones that are used for military purposes, they can sneak into enemy territory with civilian profile and ruining their day...  😈

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@x_DarkSpecter_x

You're welcome! :icon5: Glad it works.

 

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

the unarmed/non cargo helicopters like the Bell OH-58 Kiowa/Little birds are made for Reconnaissance support to spot the enemy locations and collecting some data during combats... very useful during night time some of them have thermal/NVG support and advanced avionics  :wink_o: and they are used as reinforcements in RL to reveal hidden enemies or report the situations and states as well as calling airstrikes/artillery strikes collecting pictures/videos jamming radars filling the sky with flares to help ground troops at night... and even more  = ) 

...they are not made to just fly around :upside:

Helicopters without armament and cargo space have their own special role... becuase of their reliability and low profile...  widely used by special forces 

it would be cool to be requested by Ai if they share the informations and datas with the ground troops and making it loitering on the enemy positions :tounge2:

these helicopters are more useful than the armed once in most situations even the civilian looking ones that are used for military purposes, they can sneak into enemy territory with civilian profile and ruining their day...  😈

 

Damn you keep reading the ChangeLog really frequently! :icon2:

I added this just few hours back. Anyway...

 

So you think none armed / none cargo A.I. helicopter(s) should stay available to get requested as reinforcement(s)?

 

Well after what you wrote...

Yes i have to agree makes pretty much sense to have them up in the air and yes they will very much help groud A.I. group(s) to keep track of their enemy(s).

 

So i wasted 1 hour coding this for nothing... :icon1:

 

Edit:

And in case of Chinook with crew only?

Should they be able to do reconnaissance only as well? :headscratch::icon1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Damn you keep reading the ChangeLog really frequently! 

pretty much every 5 minutes its always open in my browser :tounge2:

Quote

And in case of Chinook with crew only?

Should they be able to do reconnaissance only as well?

you can make it random because it depends on the situation, to be honest, they are more in the Air during night time while in the day they quickly return to base but for helicopters like chinook it has a huge size which should be excluded or add small random chance to it... it depends on the size of the helicopter as well, as i said above, light/small helicopters are the most for recon.. you know like little birds, but the big ones are used on Recon for emergency situations only where there is no Recon vehicles/Helis around 

Chinook doesn't have a low profile capability and very slow to be used for recon (only if the duty calls) 😛

Quote

So i wasted 1 hour coding this for nothing... 

nothing is waste... just improve it with Random values and expand it... Good luck :thumb:

 

Edit: or maybe you can make a script to check the maxLoadMass weight for helicopters to categorize them in order to exclude some of them if you want to go that deep 😛 

(the bigger the helicopter is.. the heavy it will be, and the chance for it to be used for recon reduced)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AirShark said:

Edit: or maybe you can make a script to check the maxLoadMass weight for helicopters to categorize them in order to exclude some of them if you want to go that deep 😛

Yes this is exactly what i already was thinking of. :icon5:

Well this should be pretty easy to do by checking their boundingBox / sizeOf vehicle.

 

Thanks for your hint / thoughts on this AirShark! :thumbs-up:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@snkman :wave:

when I was playing I noticed that the Ai is calling MEDEVAC vehicles (non-armed Medical vehicles) as reinforcements during combat while they should call it after combat when there is no enemy nearby... putting them in the field just increased the casualties :wink_o: 

unfortunately, I can't find a solution for it so I will be glad if you give me a script to exclude specific units from being called as reinforcements...

 

...for excluding the helicopters as reinforcements I recommended boundingBoxReal instead of boundingBox many forums said its much better and precise 

, however, I didn't test them yet but if you will use axis variants  it will be cool if you can check the maxWidth only (Xs) instead of X, Y, Z  because (the bigger the helicopter is the bigger the main rotor will be) like the Taru in the CSAT forces have huge main Rotor blades due to its size... and also because some Recon helicopters are very high like the OH-58 Kiowa have huge sensor above the main rotor... technically higher then the chinook 

...other Recon helicopters have a very Long tail for some reason...

i mean its Logic even Fat humans have extra width than the others 😂

 

I also noticed the Ai sticking too much to the static turret... it will be soo cool if hey dismount when the enemy is soo close (>5 meters away) for realistic results because  that's what would happen in real life or any other video game to avoid being flanked or thrown by grenades... rotating the Static turrets would take some time especially when the enemy is very close ... it will be very slow to aim at target that close enough especially moving targets during CQB.. the results would be Fatal to the guy in the static turret

I think I already reported this before... I was actually turning and trolling around an Ai that mounts AT Static turret and he tried to aim at me instead of disembarking and shooting me 🤣

 

...it will be awesome to add a script for Ai mounted Static turrets to actually disembark when the enemy is extremely close and take cover if possible 

 

Quote

from the changelog:( A.I. ) Air Cavalry: A.I. unit(s) in helicopter(s) which have available firing positions and able to use their primary weapon to shoot from their helicopter cargo position(s) may will stay with the helicopter to support ground A.I. unit(s).

...you mean the Door gunners... I guess they are part of the helicopter crew according to wiki they must stay on the helicopter, however, I don't understand the word "may" in the changelog :upside: 

 

Edit: you mean the units that can shoot from the passengers seats… I wonder how this work :dozingoff:

this will divide the squads if the units needs an AT guy in the ground... and suddenly finding him chilling in the sky... :hyper:

they would be all dead and crushed by tanks... there is a reason for all of them being needed  in the ground because the squad leader needs all of them in combat...

I think if someone needs units in the helicopter to support ground units... just assign new group for it ?! :icon5: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AirShark! :icon5:

 

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

when I was playing I noticed that the Ai is calling MEDEVAC vehicles (non-armed Medical vehicles) as reinforcements during combat while they should call it after combat when there is no enemy nearby... putting them in the field just increased the casualties :wink_o: 

unfortunately, I can't find a solution for it so I will be glad if you give me a script to exclude specific units from being called as reinforcements...

Okay there are multiple way's of how you can exclude specific A.I. group(s) from being requested as reinforcement(s).

 

It depends on what exactly you like to do or how exactly those A.I. group(s) should behave.

 

A.I. group composition init:

 

If you like to exclude them from T.C.L. A.I. movement system only and keep all other A.I. feature(s):

this setVariable ["TCL_Freeze", True];

If you like to exclude them from T.C.L. A.I. reinforcement system only and keep all other A.I. feature(s):

this setVariable ["TCL_Default", True];

 

You could also initialize them as Hold or Defend A.I. group:

this setVariable ["TCL_Hold", True];

or

this setVariable ["TCL_Defend", True];

Both will exclude them from being requested as reinforcement(s) but they use some specific behaviour(s) in case of enemy detection.

 

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

...for excluding the helicopters as reinforcements I recommended boundingBoxReal instead of boundingBox many forums said its much better and precise 

, however, I didn't test them yet but if you will use axis variants  it will be cool if you can check the maxWidth only (Xs) instead of X, Y, Z  because (the bigger the helicopter is the bigger the main rotor will be) like the Taru in the CSAT forces have huge main Rotor blades due to its size... and also because some Recon helicopters are very high like the OH-58 Kiowa have huge sensor above the main rotor... technically higher then the chinook 

...other Recon helicopters have a very Long tail for some reason...

i mean its Logic even Fat humans have extra width than the others 😂

Yes that's true boundingBoxReal is more precise but maybe sizeOf will do this job as well which i think is the less expensive scripting command.

So far i did not test it but i'm using it to calculate vehicle Explosion F.X. strength and there it works pretty good.

 

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

I also noticed the Ai sticking too much to the static turret... it will be soo cool if hey dismount when the enemy is soo close (>5 meters away) for realistic results because  that's what would happen in real life or any other video game to avoid being flanked or thrown by grenades... rotating the Static turrets would take some time especially when the enemy is very close ... it will be very slow to aim at target that close enough especially moving targets during CQB.. the results would be Fatal to the guy in the static turret

I think I already reported this before... I was actually turning and trolling around an Ai that mounts AT Static turret and he tried to aim at me instead of disembarking and shooting me 🤣

 

...it will be awesome to add a script for Ai mounted Static turrets to actually disembark when the enemy is extremely close and take cover if possible 

I have to agree! :icon1:

 

Only downside is that you would need to check distance, line of sight and knowledge of all enemy(s) in the area of the static gunner to make sure there are no other enemy(s) he is able to target or there are more enemy(s) further away than closer to him.

Most of those little details you discovered are really very nice to have but pretty damn hard to do because you have to keep so much things in mind and consider many different situations.

 

Maybe i could include a condition which makes static weapon A.I. unmount if no they lost LOS to their current enemy(s).

 

LOL yes you already reported the static A.T. / A.A. A.I. behaviour... :icon2:

Well T.C.L. A.I. is very serious and persistent in what they do!

Once mounted a static weapon they will never ever give it up! :icon1:

Guess the A.I. unit was searching for your hot spot to finally get aim on you.

 

Guess static weapon(s) will become my next HVT after release.

 

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

Edit: you mean the units that can shoot from the passengers seats… I wonder how this work :dozingoff:

 

this will divide the squads if the units needs an AT guy in the ground... and suddenly finding him chilling in the sky... :hyper:

they would be all dead and crushed by tanks... there is a reason for all of them being needed  in the ground because the squad leader needs all of them in combat...

I think if someone needs units in the helicopter to support ground units... just assign new group for it ?! :icon5: 

Correctly the cargo A.I. unit(s) which are able to shoot from their cargo position of the helicopter(s).

 

LOL yes A.T. A.I. unit(s) should indeed not stay in the helicopter(s).

 

Right now i can't really say how exactly this will work at the end... So far i did just some basic coding to get this feature working. We will see...

 

Edit: #1

I tested static M.G. A.I. unit(s) and to me they are able to turn / keep aim on me pretty fast? They always keep track with all my direction changes.

 

Do you use any other A.I. mod(s) combined with T.C.L.?

If yes it could be that multiple A.I. mod(s) combined toghetter make A.I. to attack different enemy(s) which would lead to a very slow turning speed by turning / aiming diffrent enemy(s) at the same time.

 

Edit: #2

I included the A.I. static weapon enemy line of sight check!

Works very good as far as i can say! :icon5:

 

Many thanks for pointing me in this direction AirShark! :thumbs-up:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I tested static M.G. A.I. unit(s) and to me they are able to turn / keep aim on me pretty fast? They always keep track with all my direction changes.

yes but actually that's not the issue... the issue is when they try to do it when the enemy is 1 foot step close; looks completely unrealistic its like using sniper rifle in CQB Lol 

***and They always keep track on your direction... throw a grenade on them and they will keep doing that lol you can also try to plant C4 behind them...  iirc they don't use Hearing  feature when they are on static turrets 😂

^ ^ ^ i will do more tests on this one... i tested it on Arma2 only 😛

b t w i never said they are slow...  they just mustn't try to be superman and get themselves killed when the situation gets tight :icon1:

 

Quote

I tested static M.G. A.I. unit(s) and to me they are able to turn / keep aim on me pretty fast?

don't forget that im using version 1.0.21...   if you tested that on your latest version remember that you 've changed a lot of things including Skill calculation and stuff... that's maybe one of the reasons that makes them soo fast for you  >_>

 

Quote

Do you use any other A.I. mod(s) combined with T.C.L.?

f yes it could be that multiple A.I. mod(s) combined toghetter make A.I. to attack different enemy(s) which would lead to a very slow turning speed by turning / aiming diffrent enemy(s) at the same time.

Not anymore, I don't like FSM conflicts inside my mods folder Lol, i used to do that with GL4 editing the pbos of every Ai mod to make them compatible... but I'm very tired to do that... i think I'm getting too old Lol :tounge_o:

 

Quote

LOL yes A.T. A.I. unit(s) should indeed not stay in the helicopter(s).

same for AA, snipers, marksman, engineers, Repair and explosives specialist, medics... none of these have Roles in the Air... all of them should be in the ground Tbh I don't see the point of this feature :icon1:

 

EDIT: except for special forces... like in the MH little bird 

 

Quote

Most of those little details you discovered are really very nice to have but pretty damn hard to do because you have to keep so much things in mind and consider many different situations.

I know... not hard but may take a lot of time and days of work within hundred lines of scripting to be compatible with the other features🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AirShark said:

b t w i never said they are slow...  they just mustn't try to be superman and get themselves killed when the situation gets tight :icon1:

 

On 6/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, AirShark said:

i found that the machinegunners are extremely slow to aim and shoot during CQBs (pretty much forever)... not sure if it was fatigue or another issue i will make more test for it later :3

Sry... My bad... I misread this... You was talking about A.I. LMG unit(s) thought it was about static M.G. A.I.

 

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

don't forget that im using version 1.0.21...   if you tested that on your latest version remember that you 've changed a lot of things including Skill calculation and stuff... that's maybe one of the reasons that makes them soo fast for you  >_>

Yes maybe.

 

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

Not anymore, I don't like FSM conflicts inside my mods folder Lol, i used to do that with GL4 editing the pbos of every Ai mod to make them compatible... but I'm very tired to do that... i think I'm getting too old Lol :tounge_o:

True.

Same here 24H coding sessions were much easyer 10 year's bevor. :icon2:

 

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

I know... not hard but may take a lot of time and days of work within hundred lines of scripting 🙄

Yes you really have to think of where and how much code you should spend to get something working.

Time really never was a problem... Its much more about code / engine usage.

 

When it comes to A.I. feature(s) like Take Cover / Flanking i'm very willed to spend very much code / calculations because those A.I. feature(s) are really very important.

 

With ARMA and all the ( new ) scripting commands you are able to do almost everything what comes to your mind i could make A.I. much more realistic by using much more extended calculations and algorithms but in the end gaming experience should not suffer from low FPS caused by any mod(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactical Combat Link - ( TypeX ) v.1.0.31 ( W.I.P. / Hotfix )

=======================================

 

Hey there! :icon5:

 

Huge update incoming! ( Time spend on Malden 300h+ :icon1: )

 

Well guess its about time to finally release the next version of Tactical Combat Link.

Many of the main A.I. system(s) and feature(s) has been totally re-written and optimized in how they work.

 

 

Main improvements of this version:

 

A.I. Features: ( New )

A.I. Rearm

A.I. Healing

A.I. Air Cavalry

 

A.I. Features: ( Optimized and Improved )

A.I. Flanking movement.

A.I. Artillery support feature.

A.I. Push and Stop movement.

A.I. Cover to Cover movement.

A.I. Cover Usage and Search. ( Buildings / Trees / Walls )

 

System: ( Improvements )

Headless client initialize. ( Beta? )

Overall code optimizations and code clean up.

Fixed many of A.I. stuck / not moving problems.

A.I. movement and A.I. enemy detection algorithm which also includes A.I. push and stop movement behaviour.

Player(s) which are part of A.I. group(s) and not leading the A.I. group(s) are able to be part of full enhance T.C.L. combat A.I. group(s).

 

Zeus A.I.:

Zeus A.I. Stop and Go function + fully M.P. compatible. ( W.I.P. )

 

Many many other stuff...

 

As always...

Please feel free to give feedback on what you think / like / dislike.

Any bug(s) and / or script error(s) discovered? Please post them in this thread so i can take care of them.

 

Download: ( drive.google.com )

Tactical Combat Link - ( TypeX ) v.1.0.31

 

Enjoy! :thumbs-up:

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Snk!

Great job with the update it really did the change :rthumb:

...however, during my scans, I noticed a lot of cool and strange things  :icon1:

 

1- the accuracy... the Ai has 0 accuracy when I get too much close to him... he wasted 2 magazines to finally scratch my face (i tested it by putting mounted static ai and when I get close to him he disembarks and starts shooting... he missed a lot and repeatedly)  

 

2- the Ai sometimes take forever to react with engagements... all of them try to quickly find cover while none of them covers the other

 

3- when they attack they do it all.. when they walk they walk together... when they engage they engage together sharing the same task which gave me the opportunity to snipe them one after the other and vice versa  :icon1:

 

4-Ai groups move to the crash site even when the vehicle is destroyed and the crew burned on fire (i saw that when Ah little bird falls from the sky and explode in the ground while a whole platoon running to it trying to check if the pilots are dead... they wasted a lot of time by doing that) 😅

 

5-you did a fantastic job with the static turrets ai was engaging when spotting the enemy  and take cover when getting tight as well as disembarking when i get too close to them the best feature so far 👏

 

6- i found the Taru flying above me... she exposed me... the whole platoon was running towards me and  the Mi-48 finished me I was impressed by how that Taru was cooperating with the Kajman each time the Taru discover something the Kajman will follow it.. but i thought you excluded the big birds :headscratch:

 

7-losing the control over Ai... this what was afraid about it sometimes they don't apply to my orders (when they shoot and order them to move they keep shooting they became all leaders) 🤭

 

8-some of them take cover behind other Ai and aiming at the bottom thing... this one is old but in the latest updates actually increased :icon16:

 

9-they take cover a lot, but sometimes in the wrong situations...  when trying to chasing me for example or tracking other Ai which makes them very slow by doing that.. this actually confused me to see their behaviour they were attacking but at the same time defending

 

10-reinforcements: the Taru somehow is prioritized than the Kajman during my tests... each time the ai call support the Taru comes first

 

11-sometimes when the reinforced transport helicopter try to unload the units... she touches the ground and fly again before the units got unloaded which makes them disembark in the air :icon1:

 

...i forgot the other things i think I'm getting to old, i will try to remember them later  >_>

 

however, i tested that in CQC... i will check CQB now 😛

 

Quote

( System ) Monitor: Added array monitoring script to keep frequently used array(s) small and clean of dead A.I. unit(s).

 

im using the dead bodies as cover... i know you do this for optimizations but i would like to see the Ai using dead bodies as cover like GL4 if you remember = ) 

 

...i really miss the GL4 features...  are you  planning to port them... i know they require a lot of rewriting in the codes though but they worth it 🐺

 

EDIT: sorry I misunderstood can you tell what this feature is made for... is it for Debug ?? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×