snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Again coming up with a question, but as always, want to tell you my appreciation for the development :)!

- Does TCL activate on units that are spawned mid-game? I read your posts on previous versions and I'm under the understanding that then only squads that had playable/player units were under TCL, but now every unit is, right? So would units spawned via Zeus or Alive have TCL activated?

Also a high recommendation to post this on Workshop. Cheers!

@Muecke

I meant own side + civilians not cars from the enemy. That would be very cool.

Okay.

@Defunkt

So it was a normal editor scenario?

No spawning A.I. unit(s) in this mission?

@Jimi Markkanen

Does TCL activate on units that are spawned mid-game? I read your posts on previous versions and I'm under the understanding that then only squads that had playable/player units were under TCL, but now every unit is, right? So would units spawned via Zeus or Alive have TCL activated?

Yap spawning A.I. unit(s) / group(s) will be initialized automatically by T.C.L. during the whole mission runtime which includes Zeus created A.I. unit(s) / group(s) as well.

Yes bit confusing because the way of how the mod works changed a lot from first release to now...

• Like 1

Not even that, I was trying out the latest NIA release in the Virtual Arsenal.

I rarely see Ai taking empty cars or using empty statics even if it belongs to their side...

@Defunkt

Strange... :headscratch:

@AirShark

I rarely see Ai taking empty cars or using empty statics even if it belongs to their side...

Well empty vehicle(s) will be used by A.I. if without enemy contact only!

The highest chance to see A.I. using empty nearby vehicle(s) is after they was requested as reinforcement(s) and on the way to their requested position.

Also A.I. will not use empty vehicle(s) if they are very close to their requested position.

If A.I. already is in a combat situation and lost enemy contact ( knowledge ) they will again try to find empty vehicle(s) to get to their last known enemy position if not too close to it.

Empty static weapons should be used by A.I. pretty frequently!

At least this is what i've seen during my latest tests.

had a couple of instances today of crew hopping out of their vehicles, preferring to fight on foot than in the safety of a Armoured vehicle lol. Helo's were doing it too for some reason as well, after they'd land they'd jump out of the helo and approach the next waypoint on foot. No other mods were being used apart from CUP. I had the move and reinforcement disabled in the configs as well. 

• Like 1

Well by default ARMA 3 engine will dismount A.I. unit(s) of their vehicle(s) as soon as they get attacked.

Right now T.C.L. will dismount all A.I. unit(s) of their vehicle(s) if the vehicle(s) are not armed!

If vehicle(s) are armed A.I. driver and A.I. gunner will stay in the vehicle(s) but A.I. cargo unit(s) of the vehicle(s) will always dismount.

Even armoured A.P.C. can be destroy by 1 AT rocket very quickly = R.I.P. vehicle crew!

It's a really nice addition to the game, Im enjoying the crazy firefights

I saw the changelog had the 1.0.23 version meanwhile the only uploaded version was 1.0.21, was the new version uploaded somewhere?

I also had some script errors regarding artillery with mortars from the AI (related to the line in the quote below, the _distance variable threw error), i will try to post them next time from the logs

if ( (_vehicle getVariable "TCL_Artillery") && { (_range) } && { (_leader distance _vehicle < _distance) } ) exitWith

Thank you a lot for the hard work, it's a really clean mod overall and it works really well

Hey fycj!

Thanks! Glad to hear you like it! :icon5:

Well the changelog from the internet is a live changelog... v.1.0.23 is my current W.I.P. ( next release ) version.

I also had some script errors regarding artillery with mortars from the AI (related to the line in the quote below, the _distance variable threw error), i will try to post them next time from the logs

Thanks.

I already fixed that.

Well it's always a bad idea to change something fundamental right bevor release... Guess i will never lear this... :icon2:

can i get some help. Whenever im in the eden editor theres a problem regarding a sqf file. I think it says 'TCL_Ambient/TCL_Lighthouse.sqf missing or something. i also have some stuff pop up about "daylight" too. Idk if i installed it properly too. I just extracted @TCL with userconfig into arma 3 file and for arma 3 properties i put the -filepatching -mod=@TCL stuff

Well v.1.0.21 was an update only!

You will have to install the full mod ( v.1.0.19 ) first and update it with v.1.0.21.

Also bikey is included in the full ( v.1.0.19 ) as well.

How to:

Tactical Combat Link ( TypeX ) v.1.0.19 > v.1.0.21

Please try it and see if it willl solve your problems!

• Like 1

this is my problem i installed the 1.0.00 version and 1.0.19 and both have this problem 

'...ile {  (True) } do

if ( [daytime] ) call |#|TCL_Daytime_F ) then

File TCL_System/TCL/TCL_Addons/TCL_Ambient/TCL_Lighthouse.sqf, line 13

sleep 150 + (rand..."

Error undefined variable in expression: tcl_daytime

If you want the picture add me on discord

PS: I took 20 minutes copying this lol

Hehe :icon2:

You know there is an .RPT file which will log stuff like this!

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3
C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

You really made something very wrong!

The "TCL_Daytime_F" function is part of the main T.C.L. system function library.

I don't really see a way of how this single function could be missing?

Do you use any other mods?

is there a way to make Ai mount empty statics and armed vehicles (gunner seat) in combat situations, that will increase the immersion and awareness, because I saw that the Ai is mounting Statics like the DShK when safe and disembark when in combat which confused me a lot … I think it should be completely  the opposite... except for unarmed vehicles maybe.

Yes A.I. will use empty static weapons during combat.

This all is a bit tricky... A.I. group(s) where unit(s) of the A.I. group(s) are using static weapons will not be able to move properly.

If those ( Static Weapon ) A.I. group(s) use behaviour "COMBAT" than they will make their group kind of stuck in formation.

Guess the A.I. group(s) will wait till all unit(s) of the group move up to their given group formation position but the A.I. unit(s) which are using static weapon(s) will not be able to get to their group formation position because they are using the static weapon and therefore unable to move anywhere.

So the best solution i've got for this so far is to unmount A.I. unit(s) which are using static weapon(s) if more than 100 meters away from their group leader(s).

Somehow A.I. group leader(s) are not affected by the formation stuck bug and always keep on moving.

Well there is much more stuff like this going on in ARMA 3 A.I. engine which may sometimes make some things look strange to some of you. :headscratch:

i went from vcom to type x, what a difference!  Playing on Rosche with around 100 opfors and about 70 blufors my frames with vcom were around 12-17. With type X i am sitting around 52 fps. NO errors and everything is running smooth with smart enemies. The mission also is using Hetman, rhs, and blastcore. I am also using type x in the script format. Well done snkman, well done!! 

I have had a few issues with crewmen leaving their vehicles when requested as reinforcements, maybe something related to the flare script when it changes magazines could empty the tank out of ammo?

The new version seems interesting, throwing mortars in the mix will be fun, thanks again!

@oneisdown

Thanks! :icon5:

Nice to hear you enjoyed it!

NO errors and everything is running smooth with smart enemies. The mission also is using Hetman, rhs, and blastcore. I am also using type x in the script format.

Guess you had luck! :icon2:

There are a few parts in the latest released version which give script error messages but nothing game or mod breaking!

I am also using type x in the script format.

Oh nice!

Sadly i don't always have the time to test both ( Script and AddOn Based ) versions but your feedback sounds very positive!

So i guess the Script Based version should be working fine as well! Thanks! :thumbs-up:

@fycj

I have had a few issues with crewmen leaving their vehicles when requested as reinforcements, maybe something related to the flare script when it changes magazines could empty the tank out of ammo?

Hmm... Can't really tell right now but maybe you could be right... Have to test it! :thumbs-up:

The new version seems interesting, throwing mortars in the mix will be fun, thanks again!

Yeah! :icon2:

There will be quite a lot stuff coming with the next version!

Hmm.... This is really strange.

Sorry to say that i'm not able to give you any straight solution for this problem...

It happends even if you just start a new / empty Eden Editor scenario?

Only advice i can give you is: Delete everything related to T.C.L. in your ARMA 3 game folder.

@TCL and "UserConfig > TCL" folder.

Re-download ( v.1.0.19 + v.1.0.21 ) and install it as explained here!

i think the easiest way to avoid groups break formations when using statics is to allow the group leader(s) only to use these statics and to drive vehicles because the rest will stay with them/him in cover 🤔

@AirShark
A.I. group leader(s) as vehicle driver is true.
But most of the time ( always ) when it comes to coding A.I. group leader(s) are used to check if the given A.I. group is using vehicle(s) or not.
If you check A.I. group leader(s) which use static weapons they will return vehicle.
Also A.I. group leader(s) in static weapons will make the group to never move.
Leader(s) are the 1. unit in a group formation so if the leader is not moving the rest of the group will not move as well.
T.C.L. and the entire reinforcement system is pretty much based on A.I. movement guess things would be much easyer if it would be some kind of general A.I. combat behaviour mod only.

@otarius-big
Sure next version will be all in 1 again.

in GL4 there is a feature that annoyed me a lot, where Ai was able to shoot Helicopters and aircrafts with AT launchers, is there a way to tweak or disable this feature in TCL because they likely hit aircrafts and they always waste their rockets for nothing Moreover sometimes they engage aircrafts from long ranges I remember in arma 2 I killed a whole platoon because of this, where Ai was aiming always at the sky waiting to engage a helicopter instead of taking cover and btw I think its better for the AI to engage enemy that is garrisoned inside buildings with AT rockets instead of wasting them in the Air like fireworks  because that what is happening in Real life they use RPGs or disposable launchers to kill enemies that are hiding inside the buildings (blowing buildings with AT) ...most of the time ^ ^

• Thanks 1