Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Ofp combat photography. No pics over 100kb.

Ah, just got finished posting how in the ME FAQ:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rolling A Vehicle Onto It's Side

Although pitch/yaw/roll functions are not in OFP.  You can still jimmy rig vehicles onto their sides:

Example Scenario:

A Bus.  Named Bus1

Empty>Objects> Training3 is the object you'll need.  Named Roll

H(invisible) Named H1

If you want it rolled onto it's right side:

Bus1 Init Line

Code Sample  

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) + 7]; setVelocity [0,0,0]

Roll Init line:

Code Sample  

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) + 7]

No Init line for H1

Trigger1:

Radio Alpha

Present

OnActivation: Roll Setpos [getpos H1 select 0, getpos H1 select 1, getpos H1 select 2]

Place "Roll" just on the left side of the bus in the Mission Editor Screen.  Press Preview.

The Bus will now fall down and land on the wooden ramp.  It's left side will stick and it will roll to the right.

As it's falling, once you see the right side if flush with the ground, Radio Alpha.

This will move the Ramp to the Helo Pad, and the Bus will fall right onto it's side.

***This is just a base idea that you expand on for scripts.  A few manual times with radio alpha can give you and idea of when in a script to move the ramp so the bus falls.

I used it to produce this:

Rolled HMMWV<span id='postcolor'>

I just threw this together. No addons required.

Readme not included, but here's the directions:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unzip file to your playername/missions directory. Open up the mission editor and open the map. "Example Roll" on Nogova.

Press Preview and press 0-0. Get ready to press 1 to radio alpha.

In order to get the bus dead on it's side, it may take a couple of tries to get the system down.<span id='postcolor'>

Example Roll

Great picture Harnu

I like a lot this "soldier taking the Humvee as a cover situation" you made.

Once in SP I accidentally tipped my jeep over and used it for cover, it's cool.

(Click image for) Full size: 1152x864.

PanoramaXXLDawnNogovaOffShoreTwo.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 17 May 2003,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Royal Marines San Carlos Bay 1982<span id='postcolor'>

How did you get them to pose like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ 17 May 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 17 May 2003,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Royal Marines San Carlos Bay 1982<span id='postcolor'>

How did you get them to pose like that?<span id='postcolor'>

Custom anims. smile.gif

This is what i get when i open Harnu´s mission:

hmm.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Custom anims.  <span id='postcolor'>Is that hard? And would you have to know alot of stuff about regular addon making to do a animation?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 17 May 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is what i get when i open Harnu´s mission:

http://w1.182.telia.com/~u18218217/hmm.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Download Kiowa pack from BAS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 17 May 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Custom anims.  <span id='postcolor'>Is that hard? And would you have to know alot of stuff about regular addon making to do a animation?

<span id='postcolor'>

Search and download custom animations at ofp.info.

Theyd better watch out for Pucras smile.gif

On that note mate are u gonna be modelling a blowpipe? Or just using the stinger which we had a few of

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ 17 May 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 17 May 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is what i get when i open Harnu´s mission:

Download Kiowa pack from BAS.<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Kiowa in the mission though smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ 17 May 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ 17 May 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 17 May 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is what i get when i open Harnu´s mission:

Download Kiowa pack from BAS.<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Kiowa in the mission though  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Guess they added them and then removed them, but didn't remove from addon list in mission.sqm.

Enybody know a good place where I can have some pic's fore free and where I can post them on this forum(I have a website but when I link to it from a pic it whont show up) confused.gif

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 17 May 2003,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you have an ftp client here is what you do

tacticalblunder.com - domain

pictures@tacticalblunder.com - user

pictures - pass

www.tacticalblunder.com/pictures

ps: make your own directory pls<span id='postcolor'>

What is a ftp client confused.gif

STGN

Bah doesn't work. Whatever.