Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

New official unit !

Woah, I just put 36 East side planes plus myself and 1 AI on my team. Its runs very smooth with 2000 view set. How did they get the plane to look so good and not lag the system down? 38 planes in the air and no slow down ohhhhhh yeah! Anyone got a server up so we can dogfight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Dec. 20 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How did they get the plane to look so good and not lag the system down?<span id='postcolor'>

LOD levels maybe? tounge.gif

Ah....it seems it was just my Netscape that couldn't download it...Explorer had no trouble....

Cursed Bill Gates! *shaking fist in anger*

The MP mission was really nice - we just had a nice 3on3 on our server. This rocks! Only the mission seems to have a small bug - when you enter the blue plane in the hangar, a message comes up complaining about a missing script called 'wrongplane.sqs" (or something like that). Lots of fun anyways!

xmas.gif

God I love this plane:

camel3.jpg

I couldnt resist posting one more. This baby is perfect for fast raids.

camel0.JPG

Wonder what the guys at the noman's land mod think of BIS stealing their thunder?

Hey BIS, if you got time on your hands, how's about a BRDM 2? biggrin.gif

Hehe very nice, many dogfights ahead. biggrin.gif

I hope a civi version comes out tounge.gif

It looks really great but I cant fly it with joystick. Cant get of the ground...its not going any faster than 64, I think it was.

Anyone else having problem getting of the ground when flying with joystick?  confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S_Z @ Dec. 20 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks really great but I cant fly it with joystick. Cant get of the ground...its not going any faster than 64, I think it was.

Anyone else having problem getting of the ground when flying with joystick? ???<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I had the same problem - once it is in the air (like in the mp dogfight mission, or when I set it in the editor to 'flying') it works fine with the stick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S_Z @ Dec. 21 2002,00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks really great but I cant fly it with joystick. Cant get of the ground...its not going any faster than 64, I think it was.

Anyone else having problem getting of the ground when flying with joystick?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Taking off with a joystick is more "real" than on the keyboard. When your speed reaches 64 km/h, push your stick forward - this will raise the back of the plane into the air... now the plane has less air resistance and will gain speed. When it's around 85 km/h, pull gently back on your stick... and you are airborne.

Special thanks for my grammar correction to SFG smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Araon @ Dec. 20 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Taking off with a joystick is more "real" than on the keyboard. When your speed reaches  64 km/h, push your stick forward - this will raise the back of the plane into the air... now the plane has less air resistance and will gain speed. When it's around 85 km/h, pull gently back on your stick... and you are airborne.

<span id='postcolor'>

Aha…didn’t know that, thanks!   xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Dec. 20 2002,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldnt resist posting one more. This baby is perfect for fast raids.<span id='postcolor'>

Define "fast"... xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Araon @ Dec. 20 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Special thanks for my grammar correction to SFG smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

xmas.gif

Bi-planes? Geez what's next BIS, flint lock riles and muskets? Maybe some pirate ships too eh? I know what about cowboys and indians? Or tribes of neandrethal men with sticks and stones... Ya ya that's the ticket. Ok so it looks cool but... EXACTLY how does it fit in with game I bought?

Oh and Ps...

I game never use to crash... till I installed 1.91

It may seem rediculus to you, but for toher people like me we love em.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CarolCray @ Dec. 21 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bi-planes? Geez what's next BIS, flint lock riles and muskets? Maybe some pirate ships too eh? I know what about cowboys and indians? Or tribes of neandrethal men with sticks and stones... Ya ya that's the ticket. Ok so it looks cool but... EXACTLY how does it fit in with game I bought?

Oh and Ps...

I game never use to crash... till I installed 1.91<span id='postcolor'>

This is a free addon when you bought the game they didnt have to give you any addons. About your patch problem.. thats why its in beta.

I would somewhat agree that the time they put into this could have been better spent for something more 'useful'. There are many addons that people have wanted that they could make.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CarolCray @ Dec. 21 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bi-planes? Geez what's next BIS, flint lock riles and muskets? Maybe some pirate ships too eh? I know what about cowboys and indians? Or tribes of neandrethal men with sticks and stones... Ya ya that's the ticket. Ok so it looks cool but... EXACTLY how does it fit in with game I bought?

Oh and Ps...

I game never use to crash... till I installed 1.91<span id='postcolor'>

Actually pirate ships and flintlock rifles and muskets sound like excellent ideas. I hope indeed that BIS does make really cool historical mods like that along with the implementation of some kind of simple hand to hand combat system for bayonets, swords, and knives. I could imagine going broad sides with two sailing ships going at it with their cannons. smile.gif

Imagine reliving the British amphibious assault on Cartegena, or reliving battles of the Civil War.... or even better...historical battles of the Roman Empire. Ahhh... that would be sooo sweet. I do indeed hope that this biplane by BIS is a harbinger of things to come from BIS. If so then I think they'll have a bright future.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well then why don't you make the addons you want, and let BIS make the addons they want.

They (especially Araon) have been modeling coldwar era military vehicles for the past ooooh ... 4-5 years now, many of which were given to the community for free. Now who are you to tell them what kind of free addon units they "should" make for you? Besides, none of the many people who DO enjoy it orders you to ever touch it.

Love the Camel. Great job Araon! smile.gif

I must admit, some of you sound a little ungrateful, if BIS want to make a BiPlane addon then they will, in my own opinion i love it, was lmao playing it today, it flies like a dream and strafing runs are lots of fun, THANK YOU BIS....All you farmer's out there can you make a cropduster addon lol.... tounge.gif

It is a great addon THX BIS wink.gif

Maybe this can be a little hint from BIS to us maybe they started to work on a WWI or WWII game or I am too drunk xmas.gif