Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Today, history was written

Oil submersion has been done a lot :]

There was this one project,that used a pc submerged in fluorint,a nonconductive,great heat transferring fluid from 3m,in conjunction with liquid nitrogen.

This was back in the days of sub ghz comps,so it's kind of old.

Well on a dutch forum where i lurk there was a guy who used two prometheia's (phase change system,sort of like a freezer) and reached 21k 3dmarks,which is pretty impressive imho smile.gif

(And thse kind of hoax things aren't very funny if you're part of it,but reading afterwards is worth a laugh smile.gif)

Must of took him awhile to construct that oil cooled pc.

You referring to JcHiggens? I know his rig had 2 prometias running.

This guy was obviously joking, anyone with any sense about electronics, even 10 year olds, would know not to pour water over or into anything electrical. Besides, didn't he say he built his own PC? Anyone with enough know-how to do that would never do something so stupid.

Funny though.

P.S. I think we should start a thread where we try to guess the meaning of Tovarish's new sig. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 03 2002,03:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. I think we should start a thread where we try to guess the meaning of Tovarish's new sig.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just look at my title smile.gif. Ralphie was having some fun with it so I decided to play along tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Hmm could be true anyway. people do weird things if they are given a screwdriver biggrin.gif

Do you remember the guys that fixed a turbine on the roof of their car ? They wanted to build some kind of dragster and ended in a wall at 5 m´s high smile.gif

Pretty good acceleration anyway biggrin.gif

ROFLMAO. Oh god that was funny. I think it could be a hoax but either way its really funny.

There was another incident which some lady bought a Dell computer. She called up Dell tech support and said "yea uh hi....I seem to have broken my cup holder." The cup holder she was talking about was her CD tray from the CD drive. biggrin.gif

BTW, what the hell does "Parva Filiola" mean? I know it's in Latin, I searched on MSN, but a lot of irrelevant stuff came up.  confused.gif

*the contents of this message have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent*

Well, *clears his throat*, hehe, I have to go to the washroom.

*Steals a car after he climbs out the window in the bathroom.*

wink.gif

that forum loaded right up for me. to think that the guy has built a PC wouldn't know that a PC isn't water proof. or he just said that so that so he would seem like he has some common sense. best part was he even called his wife and mother-in-law in so he could show them this. OOO man i wish i could have just seen that in person biggrin.gif

even if it was, i'd still like to witness somebody accually do that w/out any knowledge of what the outcome would be biggrin.gif

edit: it is a hoax check the forum. even thought it was very funny.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Dec. 03 2002,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ex-Ronin, I trust you have posted this on overclockers.co.uk's forum?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, my account there was suspended for a week icon4.gif

Funnily enough, that is where I got that link from wink.gif

Personally, I think it is a hoax.

I doubt I could seal up the case on my computer even if I tried, there are just too many small holes that would leak water. The rails where the case slides open, the holes that are drilled for the feet, the cutouts for expansion cards, and any vents for cooling all would have to be sealed. I don't think so...

Also, given the nature of ATX PSUs, it would have blown before the switch was ever thrown. These things are never really OFF, and since either 110 or 220 volts enter the PSU (depending on the country you are in), it would have fried when water entered the PSU.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Dec. 03 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally, I think it is a hoax.

I doubt I could seal up the case on my computer even if I tried, there are just too many small holes that would leak water. The rails where the case slides open, the holes that are drilled for the feet, the cutouts for expansion cards, and any vents for cooling all would have to be sealed. I don't think so...

Also, given the nature of ATX PSUs, it would have blown before the switch was ever thrown. These things are never really OFF, and since either 110 or 220 volts enter the PSU (depending on the country you are in), it would have fried when water entered the PSU.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes exactly, to seal up the entire case would be quite an achievement. The buttons, leds, floppy, cd rom, port holes, etc. it's just not meant to be sealed up. It is possible though.

He did say it blew immediately (before he turned it on)... the PSU was probably off because I think he might have unplugged it. Anyway, from that crazy story there might be a useful hint to some people there, don't reset the breakers in your house unless you know why they cut out first of all. smile.gif Unless you really do have good insurance.

I think its an hoax too, cmon, even my bro that is 7 wouldnt do that, or my mum and she is a pc analphabet! LOL thoe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope, my account there was suspended for a week <span id='postcolor'>

Bad boy! How did you manage that? Mod vs Mod tiff?

I can't even get an account, they say they are over subscribed!

They are great guys though. I ordered a Asus Legacy Free board, a XP1900 (O/C to 2100), 512 DDR, plus all the trimmings for a great price, and it out performs my mates machine which has the same specs.

The first board the sent got snapped in half by the posties, to they sent me a replacement the next day (Now that is service!wink.gif, but they never came to pick up the old one. I even emailed them about it!

So now I've got a spare parts hoard! Spare fans, and delicous microchips!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello and welcome to the AV Forums.

If you've come here to view the very amusing thread about water cooled PCs then I'm sorry but the huge load of thousands of people visiting our tiny server has slowed it down to the immense frustration of our valued regular members.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Well, if anyone had read through the whole post, or even checked out any other part of the forum, you may have found that he made a poll asking who actually believed his story. As funny as that was and fun as it was to think it was true, its not. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Dec. 04 2002,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope, my account there was suspended for a week <span id='postcolor'>

Bad boy! How did you manage that? Mod vs Mod tiff?

I can't even get an account, they say they are over subscribed!

They are great guys though. I ordered a Asus Legacy Free board, a XP1900 (O/C to 2100), 512 DDR, plus all the trimmings for a great price, and it out performs my mates machine which has the same specs.

The first board the sent got snapped in half by the posties, to they sent me a replacement the next day (Now that is service!wink.gif, but they never came to pick up the old one. I even emailed them about it!

So now I've got a spare parts hoard! Spare fans, and delicous microchips!<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not a mod over there mate tounge.gif

No, I called this dude that took off with a girl that I liked a "cnut" mad.gif And got suspended for saying "cnut" wow.gif

Ah well, shit happens tounge.gif

As for registrations, the forums were wiped recently, I think you can join now again.

And their shop is great, great service, fast, efficient, no wonder they have a 100k customer base smile.gif

We are famous....ish biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must be really honest now! Did u really believe that I drowned my PC?

There are no maybe's or kinda's in this poll. You either didn't believe for even a fraction of a second or you must vote yes!

I must say that I have never had so much fun on the net in my entire life (apart from playing "Tidy the tools" on Bob the Builder's web site)

Thanks to you all for giving me my fifteen minutes of fame as the stupidest person on the net My Mam is so proud!!!

Conor

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanted to see where people were coming from so I produced this report. The range is from 2am Sunday to 8wow.gif7 am today.

This might interest you folk, too.

Top Referring Sites

25 http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ 28

<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That was a really good laugh biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, I called this dude that took off with a girl that I liked a "cnut" And got suspended for saying "cnut"

<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, although it was justified, you went about it the wrong way.

Pistols at dawn.....

Ideally when the fecker is still asleep!