Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

love everything biggrin_o.gif looking forward to fight in the falklands biggrin_o.gif and ofcoruce have some ship battles etc smile_o.gif

hehe some sort of record that smile_o.gif i emailed cervo too hehe

I can't be arsed to read through the whole 50 odd pages.

Is there going to be a decent long campaign with british voice files, and the like?

Are those the Argentine special forces that performed the initial attack on British forces in the Falklands? I can't remember the name of the unit the attackers were from, but it was a marine unit. No?

Anyways, VERY nice work as always lads! I wish I was in VOLCBAT :P

EDIT:

@ Architect I really recomend you to visit the Falkands mod webpage, lots of infor without reading useless posts that contain no real info on the mod. click me! -> biggrin_o.gif

The Argentine Special Forces involved with the intial assault did indeed come from the Marines forces. Both Ca Cdo Amp Inf and Buzo Tactico.

There has been a fair bit of confusion over who did what partly down to a mis-identification from the BBC right at the start. The world press has not exactly been known for identifing anything military correctly (I do laugh when they say tank and a Warrior or Bradley comes into view!!!, or they say a RAF helicopter is assisting when the picture shows a helo with NAVY on it side, and the oppostite when they say Navy and its says ROYAL AIR FORCE)

In the end its not that important which unit did what as they both dressed similiar with only a couple of subtle differances that the press would unlikely know about (a week before the press had probably never heard of them).

Hoep that helps

Wasn't the Colt Commando a Argentine weapon (in use of Argentina) and the M16/M203 the british weapon. But otherwise the same quality then before = perfect! I would love to be a BETA tester for this mod, but I think I'm just going to wait for the full release. wink_o.gif

Wasn't the Colt Commando a Argentine weapon (in use of Argentina) and the M16/M203 the british weapon. But otherwise the same quality then before = perfect! I would love to be a BETA tester for this mod, but I think I'm just going to wait for the full release. wink_o.gif

I've read that SAS used both the CAR-15 and M16 quite a bit. The CAR-15 was especially popular amongst PC's (Patrol Commander), since it's compact size made it easier to use when trying to operate radios and looking at maps.

Anyway, the soldiers are good lookin' as usual  

biggrin_o.gif

Makes me even more eager to get my hands on these units  wink_o.gif

Wow! That's some awesome textures on those units!

One thing though... Will the model of the Colt Commando be improved further? I see it already has, what seems to be a double-taped mag. I just find the barrel to look really fat, in any case, the barrel of that weapon wouldn't be the first thing I'd notice if I saw that brilliant looking model on the battlefield wink_o.gif

Great work Falklands team, looking forward to a release smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]§7)Write in English

In the English part of the board please write in English and in the Czech write in Czech. Try avoiding writing in any other language since the majority of the members most likely won't understand.

Please avoid using short forms of words e.g. "m8" instead of mate, "u r" instead of you are or your, it may seem attractive to type in such a "shorthand" manner but remember that there are many people on the forums who do not have English as a first language, so it is disrespectful to use bad English simply for the sake of laziness. (Obviously there are common shortenings of words that have been used for many years on the internet that continue to be acceptable, e.g. LMAO, LOL, FYI etc.)

LOL, j/k wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It sure is fantastic, though. I can't really wait to see this mod it's full strength (on my own screen that is). THe quality is just getting better and better.

Stunning! Really good texturing work! Are you going to make some grass into your islands? I mean that what pics I've seen there is in almost everyvere on Falklands some little grass and some times the grass is higher like 0,75m high.

Just wanted to show you a little pic what my friend Ares / Instructor has made: click me!

What do you think?