Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Stunning! Really good texturing work! Are you going to make some grass into your islands? I mean that what pics I've seen there is in almost everyvere on Falklands some little grass and some times the grass is higher like 0,75m high.

Just wanted to show you a little pic what my friend Ares / Instructor has made: click me!

What do you think?

Its 0.76m high at the time this was posted.

The Falklands maps will have a level of grass suitable for gaming with the Flashpoint engine and also suitable for a representation of the grass as it may have been.

This will appear in later screenshots when its been made to what I think will suit visually

The campaign took place in late autumn(fall) and the grass by this stage was not that high, partly down to it going blown down by the winds.  The closest in the UK to the Falklands is Dartmoor which I can tell you in October/November (equivalent time) does not have much long grass standing, and thus less cover.

Oh yes almost forget, most images taken so far are in the areas where the grass was grazed by sheep so is very very short...

I have been taking the shots with the units on san carlos airstrip, hance short grass smile_o.gif hope the sheep dont graze there

"sheepstrike" :P

Argentastic  biggrin_o.gif

What he said  biggrin_o.gif

I've also run out of ways of saying fantastic  wink_o.gif

@Tankie & Lilty - Going OT are we. Baaaad boys...   tounge_o.gif

Very nice job lads! (I am getting tired of saying that tounge_o.gif)

The only nitpick I have is the the odd-ish color of the goggles on the units. They look a bit too solid orange, otherwise they are outstanding biggrin_o.gif

We have had fun with that too and what you see is actaully the closest to the pictures we have of them (yep they are a bit orange!)

We have had fun with that too and what you see is actaully the closest to the pictures we have of them (yep they are a bit orange!)

Ah, I never saw any pictures of them... So my critisism was a bit unfounded I suppose tounge_o.gif

Still, the units are lovely. And the textures just seem to shout "TOUCH ME, YA GIT!" biggrin_o.gif

Your right I dont think any pics got released of our alpha Argentine troops.

Your response is well founded as it seemed odd to even us when we where getting this sorted on the alphas.

Say it in welsh tounge_o.gif

they really have improved alot, I just cant wait biggrin_o.gif

Bendi-bloody-gedig.

GoOB - thanks for the feedback about the googles. I have looked into the matter. And its safe to say that they will nolonger be too orange  wink_o.gif

Mmmm.... I bet you even made the paddle go back and forth in a realistic fashion, you guys are "mad'fer'it" ! biggrin_o.gif

I think I based this on the Klepper canoe but due to ofp limitations they have been altered slightly (the limitation that means when a 'boat' is too small it shakes)

Looks awesome. (if only ofp had better handling for boats). The canoe looks ery nicely camouflaged which actually seems to work (if you use DXDLL) on the screenshots. Great work!

Really great, you're finishing models faster than we can say WOW!

EDIT: what is SBS?

The Special Boat Service (SBS) is a British military unit. It is the Royal Navy's and Royal Marines’ Special Forces unit, and conducts waterborne operations. Its regimental motto is Not by Strength, By Guile.

The SBS adopted a new form of its name in 1977: Special Boat Squadron. In 1979, 5 SBS become part of the Comacchio Company that protects North Sea oilrigs. In 1987 it formed Special Forces Group alongside Special Air Service and the Fourteenth Intelligence Company (4 Int).

The SBS is somewhat the 'SAS at sea' or can be compared with the US Navy Seals.

Great work on the soldiers, but was that sound moderated SMG (Sterling Patchett Mark 5 or L34A1) used by the british in the conflict? I know it was used by the Argentine Marines.