Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

The upgraded carrier looks great, can't wait to get my hands on it. I"m using the older one as my temp carrier now and I still can't get enough of it.

I can't wait to see all the RN boats in OFP for myself. Who needs more M4s when you've got a County-Class frigate? biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait to see all the RN boats in OFP for myself. Who needs more M4s when you've got a County-Class frigate?  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah i lik that mate down with the extra M-4s biggrin_o.gif

One question , will these ships have different positions as Gunner and driver and stuff or just simply one? And if theres crew on the deck willit fall over if the ships move?

One question , will these ships have different positions as Gunner and driver and stuff or just simply one? And if theres crew on the deck willit fall over if the ships move?

From what the Falkland guys have said all the ships will be static objects.

I'm hoping that the weapons systems will be 'Grouped' with the sections of the ships so that you can have the main guns and AA missiles all working at the same time, kinda like the Pauk Class addon, except the ships wont be moving.

Most of the ships will be static only, i think CBFASI is going to try and "maybe" get one of the smaller frigates movable, but thats not a priority for us.

The weapon systems at the mo are places using the set pos command (i think) and theres a bit of bother with it being set as a group as it dont seem to like grouping objectis with setpos needed, if you catch my drift.

Never fear im sure we will sort it:D

oh and check me avatar for a glimpse of Hermes Sea Cat (or wolf cant remeber off hand) firing at a incoming argie plane biggrin_o.gif

oh and check me avatar for a glimpse of Hermes Sea Cat (or wolf cant remeber off hand) firing at a incoming argie plane biggrin_o.gif

Holy crap that looks amazing!!  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif Send in your Super Etendards they're goin' down in a hurry!!

AFAIK the max speed of the Hermes is 28 knots wich translates to about 14 km/h imagine puffing along the Malden coast at 14 km/h  smile_o.gif

Ehhh, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but 1 knot = 1.88 km so 28 knots is more like 50-53 km/h

Oh, and great work as always biggrin_o.gif

about that push truck...

Does it uses the Towing script?

so you drive in front of the plane/chopper and tow it in the command section and take it too it's place?

thats the intention, however theres a bug with the script that means the object being towed goes to ground lvl, so basically the planes and choppers would drop down and spalsh about in the sea, and generally get a bit damp behind the ears

maybe it's posible too add an loop script that works like this:

Setpos GET pos the towed chopper/plane evry second so it stay's ondeck and dont fall intoo the water.

not really an "official" update, just a few piccies i been taking recently biggrin_o.gif

Clear for Take Off

dogfight6.jpg

Airborne

dogfight7.jpg

Catch the pigeon!

dogfight1.jpg

BLAM BLAM BLAM

dogfight2.jpg

Stay still dammit

dogfight3.jpg

Missles away!

dogfight4.jpg

Gotcha!

dogfight5.jpg

hermesprofile.jpg

+100kb piccy

+100kb piccy

21profile.jpg

fearless1.jpg

fearless2.jpg

fearless3.jpg

Can those landing ships in the bottom pictures actually move with vechicles on them?

As usual the quality keeps improving. the ships and land textures are looking great.

I notice only 1 Aden cannon firing on the harrier, were you guys unable to implement the double firing cannons you mentioned you were trying a month or so ago?

Quote[/b] ]Can those landing ships in the bottom pictures actually move with vechicles on them?

Hopefully, eventually, but not at the mo

Quote[/b] ]I notice only 1 Aden cannon firing on the harrier, were you guys unable to implement the double firing cannons you mentioned you were trying a month or so ago?

What double firing cannons?

@ Oct. 07 2003,21:45)]Its something we're working on.. Don't forget that the Sea Harrier release was only a beta.  smile_o.gif

This...

well im not aware of any double cannon firing script jobby majig, so i wouldnt know

well im not aware of any double cannon firing script jobby majig, so i wouldnt know

some guy made a video somewhere showing a tank with mutiple turrets don't remeber where (still looking)

I was not talking about multiple turrets, rather multiple cannons like the DKM havoc has.

Back on topic - What Island were those pictures taken on?

Pics taken on our following maps

South Georgia (The one with snow one)

San Carlos (that small settlement is actaully San Carlos)