Question/Suggestion/Request. Whatever you want to call it

Correct me if im wrong, but you're using RHS's M4 animations, correct? 

Is it by any chance possible for you to switch them to those of their M16A4? what im getting at- you're using the magwell grip. It is a correct way to hold a rifle, but more of a modern invention, and better working with shorter weapons. There would definitelly be more soldiers in the '80's and '90's holding their rifles by the handguard,  as they were taught in the boot camp. its more historically acurate. Why historicall accuracy is important? becouse this rifle is going to be mostly used in '80's and '90's scenarios, paired with Delta Hawk's units. At least thats how im going to use it. Especially with something longer like M16A2 Its simply more comfortable to hold it by the handguard. with longer barrel the center of mass is a bit more forward than on M4. Both of grips have their pros and cons in real life but as you cant switch grips in game (which would be just a pointless gimmick there) i suggest that the universal grip for your rifles should be the handguard grip.,  Also, it kind of looks better in first person that way. At least thats my opinion. Yes, its simply an astethic matter . Yes, its a very specifical nitpick. all im asking is for you to consider it.

EDIT: Im an idiot. I assumed that stuff just from the photos on armaholic page. Then i actually downloaded it. It turns out there are 2 versions with both grips. Got a lesson for myself to think before i talk. Disregard this. And good job on those things.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TesACC said:

Question/Suggestion/Request. Whatever you want to call it

Correct me if im wrong, but you're using RHS's M4 animations, correct? 

Is it by any chance possible for you to switch them to those of their M16A4? what im getting at- you're using the magwell grip. It is a correct way to hold a rifle, but more of a modern invention, and better working with shorter weapons. There would definitelly be more soldiers in the '80's and '90's holding their rifles by the handguard,  as they were taught in the boot camp. its more historically acurate. Why historicall accuracy is important? becouse this rifle is going to be mostly used in '80's and '90's scenarios, paired with Delta Hawk's units. At least thats how im going to use it. Especially with something longer like M16A2 Its simply more comfortable to hold it by the handguard. with longer barrel the center of mass is a bit more forward than on M4. Both of grips have their pros and cons in real life but as you cant switch grips in game (which would be just a pointless gimmick there) i suggest that the universal grip for your rifles should be the handguard grip.,  Also, it kind of looks better in first person that way. At least thats my opinion. Yes, its simply an astethic matter . Yes, its a very specifical nitpick. all im asking is for you to consider it.

EDIT: Im an idiot. I assumed that stuff just from the photos on armaholic page. Then i actually downloaded it. It turns out there are 2 versions with both grips. Got a lesson for myself to think before i talk. Disregard this. And good job on those things.

Don't worry! =)

M16A2 Updated!

B8CEF1FE42AA994220DAD6D8A304BD68B229E1AC

Changelog:

v1.5
-removed obsolete code
-added adapter to use optics
-added a new custom hand anim
-tweaks in model.cfg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Hooray optics! Any chance of memory points for flashlights and suppressors?

I'm looking at it.

On 17/02/2018 at 1:11 PM, Edu_br10 said:

Cool, is there a possibility of the Colt 723/733 model?

Reveal hidden contents

Not for now.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2018 at 2:12 AM, Georg_Ravioli said:

... memory points for flashlights and suppressors?

maybe a front sight post/barrel clamp mount w rail?

That way it won't interfere with M203 and can be identical on both models.

Spoiler

The_Dually_Dual_Rail_Front_Sight_Accesso

LWcarbine1.jpg

• Like 1

We've got M16A4's from RHS with rails, leave the ol A2's alone. If anything I'd rather see an A1 at some point.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wendyvonbraun said:

We've got M16A4's from RHS with rails, leave the ol A2's alone....

The top mount won't show up unless one mounts a scope. No reason the light/laser mount shouldn't work the same.

So purists (like you and myself) can rest easy :f: aand have tactical options.

• Like 3

Hello, after poking around with your mod in the arsenal, I have a few points of feedback I would need to give.  

First off, the guns are too "shiny" and too light on the colours, which highlights some faults in the textures of the weapon. See spoiler:

Spoiler

QdgLGIk.jpg

m8UAN9R.jpg

Left to right: CUP M16A2 M203, RHS M16A4, your M16A2 M203

xJT1Jga.jpg

In my opinion, the RHS gun is too dark and somewhere around the light levels of the CUP gun would be best.

Secondly, the "back ring" of the sight is too low polygon, if that is a proper way to put it. Infact, currently the CUP M16A2 is better in this regard. See spoiler:

Spoiler

Yours

6AkhFhj.jpg

RHS

p7iC0vn.jpg

CUP

qFTPDxx.jpg

The textures around this area aren't anything to write home about either, but I think that that yet again links back to the lighting issue.

And lastly: The guns make the sound of deploying a bipod when you rest them.

Fixing these issues would make this a very good mod to fill the need of high quality M16A2s, a space not currently served by anyone. I hope you take these adjustments into consideration

• Like 3

personally I think the shininess, darkness, and texture quality of the gun are perfectly fine and i would really prefer that these do not change, but I agree the sights need a little work. i don't mind the polys of the rear loop too much, but the front post is too tall and the middle peg too short. heres a quick pic I snapped to give you an idea.

8YHHyNA.jpg

• Like 4

Would love to see a mount for things like PEQ boxes and flashlights. There was a mounting bracket issued for them, shown here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOUNTING-BRACKET-ASSEMBLE-AN-PEQ-2-AN-PAQ-4-M4-M16A2-NEW-IN-PACKAGE-/252942158108

Example of them being used in Afghanistan (looks like they worked for the 203 handguard as well!):

U.S._Marines_humping_in_Afghanistan,_Nov

Hey, this is pretty great. Do you have any plans to do an A1, or have an A1 handguard as an "attachment"?

13 hours ago, Morbo5131 said:

Hey, this is pretty great. Do you have any plans to do an A1, or have an A1 handguard as an "attachment"?

A1 handguard as an attachment - The What Now? That would be weird franken gun.

Anyway, GSTAVO stated many times that He will be happy to implement to Arma anything, if You will donate to him proper 3d model. So, do You have some M16A1 3d model laying somwhere on your hard drive?

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2018 at 11:21 AM, bolo861 said:

A1 handguard as an attachment - The What Now? That would be weird franken gun.

To the layman it's the biggest difference between the two, and close enough for one to be able to suspend one's disbelief in a Vietnam mission. More so than RHS' M16A4s anyway. 
With regards to your second comment, I was asking a question. I'm not going to pester the mod maker if the answer's no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morbo5131 said:

To the layman it's the biggest difference between the two, and close enough for one to be able to suspend one's disbelief in a Vietnam mission. More so than RHS' M16A4s anyway. 
With regards to your second comment, I was asking a question. I'm not going to pester the mod maker if the answer's no.

Fair enough. On the historical sidenote, although M16A2 with A1 handguard never existed, the other way around is very real. M16A1 outfitted with A2 handguard do exist and were even used in small numbers by US military. Factory models, such as Colt Model 711 with A1 upper, A1 sights, 1/7 twist pencil barrel and A2 handguard does exist and was produced for export. The project morfed later into the Diemaco C7, starting the lineage of canadian uber M16s, but that is entirely different story.

Regards. 

Also, OFP had US infantry equipped w. A2 handguard A1s

3 hours ago, bars91 said:

Also, OFP had US infantry equipped w. A2 handguard A1s

No they were m16a2s, you could only fire them in burst fire opposed to full auto

I was talking about the mesh itself - it was modelled after the M16A1 but coded to fire burst like an A2.

OFP (like many older military games/movies) is full of this stuff.

RPG-75s instead of RPG-18s and the like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bars91 said:

I was talking about the mesh itself - it was modelled after the M16A1 but coded to fire burst like an A2.

OFP (like many older military games/movies) is full of this stuff.

RPG-75s instead of RPG-18s and the like.

Yeah, just realised it has a a1 carryhandle.

M16A2 updated! 

v1.6
-redone all lods
-increased the firerate of the burst mode

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2