Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Free-look enhancements

1. Action for turning body in current free-look direction
    Currenlty when returning from free-look the view is reset to the direction of body which is desired most of time. However sometimes when using non-sighted free-look it is necessary to quickly point a gun at last free-look direction. However it's hard & slow to do so after view is reset. Therefore I propose action that will turn body in current free-look view direction. If it's possible to detect non-standard mouse buttons this action should be mapped to one of those buttons by default. If not, it should be left unmapped. Since fire mouse button is unused in non-sighted freelook this action should be mapped to it by default.
  2. Increase maximum angle in sighted free-look
    Current maximal angle of sighted free-look is way too small. It should depend on left-handedness therefore it shouldn't symmetric. It should also depend of size of a weapon.
  3. Turning head from sighted free-look to non-sighted free-look
    When going over maximum angle for sighted free-look it should be temporarily turned into non-sighted free-look with all features from item 1.

Correction to free-look enhancement: The proposed action should not return from free-look but only turn body. Entering and returning from free-look should be controlled by current action (eg. mapped to alt by default). Wish updated.

Edited by Foxhound
no need for a new post to correct a previous one!

I would really love to see the F/A-18F Super Hornet in your game.

On top of that, i think that player skill and experience should play a greater role. For example, design your aircrafts a bit more demanding like in "Digital Combat Simulator". Same goes for tanks.

And i hope you will be able to custonize your weapons and characters with all sorts of accsesories (optics,gear etc.).

In Armed assualt 2 reinforcements you sent a map (an irl map) in the game.

I noticed that if you wouldent open up the map during the game and use the map you have for real in your room you made the gameplay alot more realistic and fun.

My suggest is that you have an option before you start hosting up a map ware you can deactivate the map ingame so you only can use the compass in the game.

This way the players will have to use compass on the game and the map they got in real life together to know ware they are and ware they are headed.

The commander/team leader is the only one that will have a map and he will have to navigate his team (like irl) ware they should go.

This Option can ofc only be used by people that have bought the game and not by pirates sence they wont have map :).

Played a few maps like this with some friends it took alot of time but it was really fun.

Hope you like my idea :)

Sry for bad grammar.

Quick map preview, look at FarCry2 quick map preview - player have map in hands and see all active (moving) objects/markers on map in hands :)

Posible make it as touchpad, with current RTT feature its be very simple but more useful! Map have two modes - full map and short viewrange (as gps in A2)

Or projecting map in players helmet HUD :)

Belive to see somelike this ;)

And please work on the Eotech holo sights. Edit the reticle like in Battlefield 3, which is pretty realistic.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

well you can turn off the nodding

- AI team members bounding overwatch toggle. Basically it's like adding a 5th awareness level so you'd have 1 - at ease/safe, 2 - stealth, 3 - aware, 4 - danger/alert, 5 - engaged/bounding overwatch and maybe 6 - area assault, which would leave an element of the team back in overwatch whilst the rest bound or move into the area.

Basically integrating standard maneuvers into the AI command structure.

And definitely the ability to assign members to rearguard so that you can have one guy who isn't focussed on the objective but rather on the monitoring of the danger areas around the squad that aren't directly in front of the squad.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

- bullets should rip through trees/walls causing them to fall. this is important for both looks and realistic gameplay.

I suggested burning buildings. The fire will damage houses constantly until they finally collapse or the fire will be extinguished/goes out by itself.

The fire will injure humans nearby.

Please provide the ability to order squad mates to watch "3 o'clock". The ability to look at a certain relative angle to the formation was existed in OFP and replaced in the Arma series with the ability to look only at a certain physical point. We need both. When an object is pointed the "look at point" command shall be issued. When the skies are viewed the "look at angle" command shall be issued.

Edited by Variable

I didn't see here a lot of wish about air vehicle

For Aircraft:

• Hearth beat and breath
  • Simulated air comunication ( parasite, less clear,... )
  • More sound, mach speed, wheel when landing & terrain

For Helicopters:

• Possibility to land fast on wheels without explode =>

• Possibility to drive on the airport ( using wheels ), get out from hangar

Common

• Realistic lights ( reflection on aircraft, ground, and indoor, possibility to turn off the spot light in front,... )
  • Possibility to move into the cargo before ejection, ( exemple, when do eject animation showing us run at back and jump, or doing own )
  • Constant quality on each model
    - Already comfirmed, but improved flight model + get in animation

ps: all this things are already done in ArmA2, but need to add ton of mods,

_ for solo add warfare mod with quicksave (the objective is to conquer all the island), where players can build base, command troops, buy or steal weapons...

::Gameplay::

-Realistic Body Armor-

Armors damage absorption is not strong enough, considering most bullets from a standard fire arm cannot really get through military grade body armor.

-Realistic Reactions-

Realistic reactions to bullet hits, like if a bullet hits your arm... your character will look at his arm and maybe fall onto the ground in pain. Or if you're running and your body armor gets hit, maybe knock the player down and give him the ability to get up (Maybe with the stand up key)... but I would love to see players getting knocked down by bullets while they are crouched or standing. Or with close bullet hits, maybe make the screen turn dark.

-Realistic Impact Effects-

On most surfaces, bullets will create sparks and smoke screens.

-Realistic Weapon Smoke Accumulation-

Smoke from weapons and explosions can accumulate, and dirt flies up when shot close to dirt.

-3d Optic option-

I'd really appreciate to see something like that done, its little hard for the scope to load all of the materials and objects through a splash screen.

-Better leaning control-

Boy I'd love to be able to control distance of leaning, instead of just learning to large scale. This is something I liked with track ir, but it is much better to just control it by holding and tapping the various lean keys for the correct angle...

Comment:: 'I'd really like to see this stuff implemented, it would make things more environmental and also more difficult'

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Just thinking, would it be a nice touch to have NATO weapons for an intermediate round? Just thinking about it reading up that debate back in the 40's-50's and I remember reading some where that this topic has come up again

discuss in the discussion thread :D

I think it would be extremely handy to have a landing boat such as the

or a updated version in Arma 3.

Edit: An LCAC like this one would be much better/cooler :cool:

As I look at it, the Griffon 8100TD hovercraft would be an amazing choice!

908.jpg

Edited by PurePassion
this thing is a badass!

In-game tool to create and edit script files (.sqf, .sqs, all the new java languages), alt+tabbing is annoying

Add as many Classes as you can:we want to be able to simply drag and drop things;Just add a feature as "Shooting through window" Add "Shot Tire" script by simply dropping it onto a car,simulated engine breakdown/fire or making a Very complicated script with zones for advanced beahvior for Patrol/Guard and making boats and characters not pop-up to the surface but keep their

depth and and som sort of "Sub-classes" that makes it possible to ad a advanced behavior to an SDV

`in case this happens-do this`.Like a list of grids where to travel next.Would be great for Triggers in

MP.

If you want to,use Red Orcestra game to find out how to use AttachTo to items.It would be cool if you

can make a Window where you see changes to a model as it is added.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

And the ability to capture the enemy or set charges and make them invisible insideof whatever it is .A commorose inside of a commo rose that make it able to set AlertLevel/GuardThisPlace .We want to be able to change the the depth that AI can see through water out at sea and close to shore.

We want to be able to adjust particle effects to make diving more real,adding darkness to water the deeper you go.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

And Auto-Update of the needed Patch for the mod and a search for any hotfix for the mod.Make sure the game would check for the latest patch and some way to disable a mod that is making the game crash and make it do a "Restore Point" for the game or a "AutoRestoreToLatestWorkingCondition" thing.

I think it would be extremely handy to have a landing boat such as the
or a updated version in Arma 3.

Edit: An LCAC like this one would be much better/cooler :cool:

As I look at it, the Griffon 8100TDhovercraft would be an amazing choice!

http://www.griffonhoverwork.com/images/gallery/product-show/908.jpg

excellent, Realy!

For the Hovercraft this one can be interessting too : ZUBR Class

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5430/zubr1jl7.jpg

This Hovercraft is in service in Russia and in... Hellenic Navy !

_ make backlight of instruments and in cockpit

Edited by F27Sharps

This may sound a bit weird but maybe it would be interesting to shift the focus to the emotional side of being a soldier from time to time. I know it may not be a must for a simulator but just hear me out.

I don't mean to add any unecissary cutscenes or setpieces with bad voice acting in the gameplay. But maybe as a conclusion to the campaign it would be cool to have some kind of farewell ceremony for all of your lost friends and comerades. With beautifull music and an inspiring speech. Finishing with a salute with gunshots fired up into the air. You know the ceremony's where all the victims get loaded on a plane in they're cascets are coverd with a flag.

I don't know, I'm just throwing something into the mix. I think it would just be a beautifull ending, and its certainly a big part of a real soldier life.

Here's an example, the last scene in Black Hawk Down:

Thats still one of the best ending's in any war story "nobody asked to be a hero, it just somtimes turnes out that way".

I don't know exactly what the storyline in A3 will be but I'm sure the BIS developers can come up with something just as or even more inspiring

- "fire on my lead" command

- doubletap "A" = fast sidestep left. doubletap "D" = fast sidestep right. important for running under fire.

- dustclouds from footsteps on dirt

- better observer mode

Edited by mistermdg

With the new focus on better water simulation and the integration of Physx I would like to see submarine surfing implemented into ArmA3. The reason for this is it has many tactical advantages in the battlespace i.e: Wearing more civilian clothing to blend in with other surfers and the local population in general. Your sub surfer can also act as an auxiliary optics system if your periscope goes offline. He can relay messages back to you about sick breaks and hot babes he sees on the beach. Also it offers an opportunity for your buddies to take pictures of you looking really cool.:)

It would be nice if main character take a look over his own gear and we get rid of that hud style for handling basic stuff...

I mean, if I want to know which time is it, then I take a look over my wrist, and do not expect to see any flying clock, compass, etc... it turns more immersive...

2a4s4fb.jpg

Then we could see more stuff in this FPS style...

2l8xez9.jpg

This could be an starting idea for changing weapon accessories ... it would be awesome without any hud in veteran/expert mode and some little animations to see virtual changes made on the gear...

2hojpsp.jpg

Edited by Robster
watch image size!... paint didn't work :p

+1 @everything Robster suggested, this includes map reading too, I'd love to see an animation for my soldier pulling out a map, even if its just for the GPS. Instead of a floating map in the bottom right corner it could be displayed in a wrist map case just like the watch as Robster suggested.

EDIT: I didn't see this on the front page. I'd like sniping to be more like ACE without the windage (although if windage was added by BIS it would be welcome:)) with range tables and also realistic mils on rifle scopes. ATM if you 'zoom' in with the m107 the mils stay the same size, so you can't range with them unless your fov is zoomed all the way out. 3D animations for changing range and windage (if wind is implemented but I think I remember they said it wouldn't at GC last year). Actually animations for changing your optics zeroing would be awesome to see on all weapons that allow it.:)

Edited by Clarkey1

Does anybody know if A3 will use DepthOfField rendering?

When i played yesterday, i had the Idea how this could help in Ai vs. Player situations in Higher Grass.

As in RL single blades of grass, wich are close to your optics - are getting "blurred out of your view".

Doing it in the same way inGame should enhance our chances against Ai in Areas with dense Vegetation.

Something like that:

what do you think dudes?

Edited by fREAk.

If ambient animals be emplemented, be good to add a waypoints for trees as in buildings:

-Monkeys or other small animals can climb up on trees and brunches and seat when resting or see danger, use trees as covering places

And players can climb on big trees too, for better forest ambushes :)!

Bring back the notebook in the map screen! This may sound trivial but I miss that damn notebook. It had character. It was also alot more appropriate than the current map/notes GUI if the mission you were playing was supposed to be set in Vietnam or WW2 or some other past conflict.

(Apologies if it's been said already. Can't read all 180 pages of the two "wishes and ideas" threads.)

As I see it, these are some really basic things that were missing in Arma2, so I hope to see them in Arma3:

1) Hiding in grass: This is a widely recognized problem with Arma2 and there is a very easy solution that doesn't require rendering every grass leaf at a distance: Changing a character's texture to that of the grass. Suddenly, it will become pretty hard to spot him, which is precisely the point.

2) Moving within vehicles. If I'm in a Blackhawk, I should be able to move around and shoot from openings with my rifle. If I'm on a boat (or an inflatable), I should be able to lay down or kneel and shoot, and not be constrained to preassigned seats.

3) Seeing from vehicles: It's inexplicable to me that you can't see anything through the side windows of an MTVR. And that it wasn't fixed in subsequent releases (like OA). Also, I don't think real-life tank drivers are limited to just a tiny window in front of them. Aren't there periscopes or other devices, that would allow them to look around? I think there are.

Please note, features 1 and 2 aren't really anything new in the genre. I would strongly suggest to BIS game designers to check out the ancient title "Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising". And I mean that with all seriousness, that was a really great multiplayer FPS. You could learn a thing or two.

Good luck!

Edited by axure