Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Most frustrating gaming moments...

I have to say that the most annoying, most frustrating thing ever happened to me in a game is the "Death Row" mission in GTA: Vice City. Everyone tells me its so easy and everything, but ive tried over 20 times already, and everytime something f***s up! IVe tried spawning a tank to get away, but it spawned in the gate to the junkyard and blocked the way out! I nearly got away one time, and I used the destroy all cars cheat, and MY car exploded, I mean what kind of cheat is that! I'm gonna get one of my friends to do it for me, becasue I pound my printed out cheats and my couch everytime I fail that f***ing mission. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Easy.

I have 2:

EITHER

The race mission on Mafia (sooo difficult! finished it at like, 1am!wink.gif

and playing snake on my phone..... my sister got a new top score of 903......... and I am trying to beat it. It has consumed most of my homework time this evening...... and I got to 900! 900!!!!!!!!

mad.gif

The racemission on Mafia had me for ages too smile.gif

I also find it really furstrating in Medieval Total War when all of a sudden out of nowhere, one of your provinces gets attacked by acouple of full stacks of enemies when you arent prepared for any kind of action. Which in turns means you (at least me) draft units from all over your empire to try and kick the invaders out, and end up getting invaded somewhere else. Oh the horror. (rebellions and civil war also much frustrating after spending hours building up provinces and armies only to lose the best ones to rebels)

Protect Priboi in PIGI

I would be on top of the building with the law at the end, people are coming behind me and i look down at the tank and then suddenly i see a gout of flame from the engine area! The tank didn't bother pointing it's coax at me it just shot me from a magical MG postion that doesn't exist!

It's hard enough getting to the tank in the first place!

And there is no cheats!

After Montineac (*spelling). Kept failing over and over till I got so frusterated that I quit the game for a few weeks and came back and beat it on my first try. confused.gif

I remember ages ago me and two of my friends playing the demo mission of Mech Warrior 2 over and over and over. I eventually finished it, on about my 100th go.......... but after I did finish it every other time it was a peice of cake.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Nov. 15 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After Montineac (*spelling). Kept failing over and over till I got so frusterated that I quit the game for a few weeks and came back and beat it on my first try. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I finished that mission surprizingly easily on my first go at the campaign....must have been dumb luck because I later replayed it and it had me stuck for hours tounge.gif. One of the most frustrating missions for me was probably the one where you have to find the scud near the end of the campaign as part of the spec-ops team. I was stuck on it for a long while, and then one of the Cobras spotted it and destroyed it . To this day I don't know where the damn scud is smile.gif.

I got the scud in the first couple of tries without any teammate help but i ggot killeld when escaping sad.gif

In the end after quite a few failures i just hijacked a cobra and wasted a good number of the enemy arrmour and blew up the scud biggrin.gif

Happily playing sonic&knuckles with a friend for half of the day,getting to the last level,and getting a power blackout. *grumbles*

Or,more recently,playing emperor : battle for dune,building a good base,kicking the hell out of the enemy,snipers and kindjal in every infantry rock,minotaurs and mongooses marching to the enemy base(15 minotaurs and 30 mongooses) only to have my comp crash sad.gif

I know more or less where the scud comes out, but its almost like it just spawns in place. Maybe you have to wait untill its just about to launch and then shoot it with an LAW. I think I'll try that.

most annoying thing is when i keep getting the annoying Disk Reading Error on my GTA:VC game mad.gif

Oh finally I beat that frigging mission! Now that stupid window-smashing-in-the-mall mission doesnt give enough time!!! mad.gif

Other than lag you mean wink.gif

Well probably my most frustrating moment is playing MoH: AA and having gotten extremely far in this one very very hard mission, and I hadn't savved it in a while and I was going to auto save it and I accidently hit auto load so I had to strt all the way at the begining sad.gif

hehe, great topic

i am heavily into rpgs, and especially the fallout series and its "follow-up" arcanum gave me lots of these. for arcanum, i even had to look up a walkthrough, just to notice, i had to reload a game from hours ago. i hate it, when there are story bugs or sth like the evil "disappearing car" thingie in fallout 2.

and 2nd, for not wasting your data storage and opening a topic for that:

hi, names alex, i am from germany and (obviously) new to the game and the forum, was quite a time a read-only, but this forum is great imho, especially when it comes to politics and offtopics. hth, and if i do sth wrong, please tell me about it, i`ve read the basic rules, and this forum is hopefully not as moderated as some ng are =)

I hated the first mission in Driver in that garage. Pretty hard to do all these tricks without working steering wheel sad.gif

Another bad day was when my FF8 savegames got deleted. I had very srong characters at the last savepoint before the endboss. sad.gif

When my FF7 savegames got deleted, it was even worse!! I had all the extras: level 99 characters, knights of the round, golden chocobo and all the other nice stuff. Played over 100 hours to get it and then... mad.gif

There was one level on doom that had me stuck for ages can't remember what it was called though.

RED

I am completely stuck with Noone lives forever part I. There is a scene where you have to go through laser barriers into a safe. I manage the first two laser rooms, but the third I never managed. I only see goats (nerve gas) all the time I try to cross that room. Impossible mission for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Nov. 15 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am completely stuck with Noone lives forever part I. There is a scene where you have to go through laser barriers into a safe. I manage the first two laser rooms, but the third I never managed. I only see goats (nerve gas) all the time I try to cross that room. Impossible mission for me.<span id='postcolor'>

Heard thats there something like a grate in the floor that you can crawl through to avoid the lasers.

Back on topic.

Most frustrating game moments ever........

My list could go on forever but I will list one.

In Syphon Filter 2 for Play Station, the last boss. It took me an hour of constant playing and I was about to go go mad when I finely managed to knock the boss into the helicopter rotors and he died.

In Super Mario Bros. That first mushroom, I'd jump and land an inch before it and die. One of these days I'll kill that mushroom....

And back in 2000, I bought Triple Play 200something, and I couldn't install the game with the CD Key that was provided. I kept typing and retyping the CD Key and I woulld always get the error saying wrong CD key. Many mnay hours were spent trying to enter the CD key from the one that wass provided... turns out it was a error on part of EA Sports and they shipped many many games with wrong cd codes...

-=Die Alive=-

Sudden deaths after long Nethack sessions because of my own stupidity are frustrating, especially if I dont even get a high score tounge.gif

An old Amiga game called "Lost Patrol". No matter how much I played it, I never could get past a certain point. Neither could any of my friends. I suspect the game was never finished and you couldnt actually get further than we did....buggers.

The old "Lord of the ring" game for Amiga had the same issues.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 14 2002,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have to say that the most annoying, most frustrating thing ever happened to me in a game is the "Death Row" mission in GTA: Vice City. Everyone tells me its so easy and everything, but ive tried over 20 times already, and everytime something f***s up! IVe tried spawning a tank to get away, but it spawned in the gate to the junkyard and blocked the way out! I nearly got away one time, and I used the destroy all cars cheat, and MY car exploded, I mean what kind of cheat is that! I'm gonna get one of my friends to do it for me, becasue I pound my printed out cheats and my couch everytime I fail that f***ing mission.  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm playing this mission too, but i never use cheats, they really spoil the game. Here's how i did it, get yourself a helicopter, get a lot of weapons and also a sniper rifle. You can find the sniper rifle in Diazs mansion (it's behind his house in the maze).

Fly with the helicopter to the K to start the mission, make sure you do NOT damage the helicopter, take your time when landing the heli.

Next fly with the helicopter to the place where Lance is located, park your helicopter before the entrance but make sure you're not too close. If you aren't too close you can easily shoot the guards with your sniper rifle, proceed on foot towards lance, make sure that you kill EVERY guard. There's nothing as fucked up as walking through the entrance and then suddenly some bastard shoots lance.

When everyone's dead (take your time, because you used a heli you've saved some time) go to Lance, walk against him. You will see a cutscene. next hurry towards your chopper, get in it, wait until you can lift off and get the hell outta there. Diaz's men won't be able to kill you while in the air.

This is how i did it, it took me some time to find a good plan, but this worked for me...

Try it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 14 2002,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh finally I beat that frigging mission! Now that stupid window-smashing-in-the-mall mission doesnt give enough time!!!  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whoops i posted a solution and then realized that you had alread beaten the mission. Oh well, might be useful for others...

Heretic II...that's all I need to say.

Did anyone ever finish this goddamn game, or even get to the final bad guy? Or do I just suck...