Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

NSV in action 21.5.2003 - FDFMOD Team

FDFMod Team proudly presents the Russian made 12.7mm NSV AA Machinegun, also known as "Utes". The NSV forms the basis of the close air defence of the Finnish jaegers and APCs. Our NSV works without any scripting or tweaking, it only needs to be placed on the map and it will work as shown in this multiplayer video.

Video is available at FDFMOD site, look at the news section.

Finnish Defence Forces Modification site

I suggest that everyone who ever wanted a HMG capable of being moved watches that video ... wink.gif

edit: grammar

Sweeet! That clip brought back some memories... that thing is goddamn heavy! biggrin.gif

FDF Arctic Team 26.5.2003 - FDFMOD Team

Finnish Patrol prepares to ambush enemy column on a freezing February afternoon on the snowy hills of Winter Nogojev. Hooded Paratroop Recon sniper takes aim with Sako TRG-42 (8.6 KIV 2000) sniper rifle which fires hard-hitting .338 Lapua Magnum round, superior in performance and accuracy than any conventional rifle round. Trooper on the left is preparing to fire Rifle-Grenade from the muzzle of his RK95 assault rifle. On the background Sissi radioman and other Paratroop Recon soldier grasp their rifles with excitment, waiting for the fire command...

FDFMOD Site

damn those winter uniforms looks so good. Wish i was better on doing textures, SFP's winter uniforms is like plain white..

Piper Chieftain 30.5.2003 - FDFMOD Team

Piper Chieftains are operated in the Finnish Air Force as liaison/training aircraft. They are Powered by two Textron Lycoming piston engines creating 200hp per engine. Max speed at level speed ca. 330 km/h. The Piper Chieftain carries 9 VIP passengers but maybe used as a paradrop aircraft in emergencies.

More at FDFMOD site

Very good pictures. Someone should post these links to the combat photography thread smile_o.gif

Holy shit , those screenshots are amazing! Keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

I have an idea for a sound mod that would be nice to see in fdfmod. The thing is that when an explotion happens near you and you don't die, you could loose your hearing. For example if a grenade explodes, or you are near a tank when it fires its cannon.

I don't know whether it needs a script or what it takes but it would be realistic, don't you think. Also because all the commands could be seen on the screen then that feature must also be removed when deaf.

This is just an idea, hope you'll get my point and i wish to see this feature some day.

Yeah this would be a very interesting script / addon for OFP in general... wink_o.gif

News from the FDFMOD website:

Two finnish pilots relax and discuss the forthcoming mission while their AMRAAM-loaded F-18 C Hornet fighters are undergoing routine maintenance. The F-18 Hornets have formed the backbone of modern Finnish Air Force since the mid 90's, phasing out older platforms such as MiG-21bis and Saab 35 Draken jets. The F-18 C Hornet is entirely crafted by the FDF mod team and it will be available with the mod. Expect the release rather soon ...

FAF F-18 C Hornets

In the pic of the hornets behind the pilots, is that a generator? rock.gif

Do you have any more of this ancilliary airfield equipment and are there plans to release it? It would be brilliant to walk to your plane dodging generators, compressors and ordnance being moved around!

tounge_o.gif

In the pic of the hornets behind the pilots, is that a generator?   rock.gif

Do you have any more of this ancilliary airfield equipment and are there plans to release it? It would be brilliant to walk to your plane dodging generators, compressors and ordnance being moved around!

tounge_o.gif

That's some sort of repair/refuel van. I don't know the right word. ;)

That thingie will be included in FDFMOD. Not sure if there'll be more airfield equipment than that later... not in FDFMOD 1.0 for sure.