max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

On 29/07/2018 at 2:20 PM, wld427 said:

well then maybe if you tried doing this stuff yourself you would learn to appreciate just how much work goes into each and every thing an addon maker has to put into the game for you. You would stop begging for things and appreciate what you do have a little more and stop using phrases like "low quality". everyone has different opinions on different things. There is no such thing as standardization unless BIS put it in the game for us. Try recommending changes to an addon makers content with some "quality" feedback if you find errors or dont like something.  You expect something to be perfect for you in your liking yet you wont put in the sweat to do it yourself..... sounds like entitlement to me. You need to consider things like maybe the addon maker made the weapon lighter or heavier to work with a specific vest or to counter the stamina system. You could also consider learning to make your own "patch" pbo where you can change things in the config you dont like. Again try something yourself instead of standing around waiting for somebody else to do it for you. That is how this community was built. 

"everyone has different opinions on different things. There is no such thing as standardization" - 1kg will always be 1Kg no matter what material is made, so this argument is invalid, sorry!

"Try recommending changes to an addon makers content with some "quality" feedback if you find errors or dont like something." - I've tried this, and most do not respond, do not look or do not give a damn even if you prove the error to them!

"You expect something to be perfect for you in your liking yet you wont put in the sweat to do it yourself" - I could but I do not think I have the capacity to do something and keep constant updates, and for me to do and not to maintain is disrespect to how I liked the material!

"You need to consider things like maybe the addon maker made the weapon lighter or heavier to work with a specific vest or to counter the stamina system" - I do not understand, is the game a simulator or not ?! if we go back to the first answer, up there!

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, heero180 said:

1kg will always be 1Kg no matter what material is made, so this argument is invalid, sorry!

except in arma the weight is not measured in KGs

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, heero180 said:

"everyone has different opinions on different things. There is no such thing as standardization" - 1kg will always be 1Kg no matter what material is made, so this argument is invalid, sorry!

"Try recommending changes to an addon makers content with some "quality" feedback if you find errors or dont like something." - I've tried this, and most do not respond, do not look or do not give a damn even if you prove the error to them!

"You expect something to be perfect for you in your liking yet you wont put in the sweat to do it yourself" - I could but I do not think I have the capacity to do something and keep constant updates, and for me to do and not to maintain is disrespect to how I liked the material!

"You need to consider things like maybe the addon maker made the weapon lighter or heavier to work with a specific vest or to counter the stamina system" - I do not understand, is the game a simulator or not ?! if we go back to the first answer, up there!

precisely why your request will simply fall on deaf ears. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PuFu said:

except in arma the weight is not measured in KGs

in your country maybe not
here we use the metric system!

15 hours ago, wld427 said:

precisely why your request will simply fall on deaf ears. 

:dozingoff: I understand, talking to anyone who does not want to listen is complicated!

4 minutes ago, heero180 said:

in your country maybe not
here we use the metric system!

good grief. yeah i use metric system as well, but Arma doesn't. The mass value in the configs is a mix of weight and size, and that surely isn't measured in KGs. 
Do learn to read.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PuFu said:

good grief. yeah i use metric system as well, but Arma doesn't. The mass value in the configs is a mix of weight and size, and that surely isn't measured in KGs. 
Do learn to read.

hmn ... so a simple Acog can weigh more than 1 kg, is that what I understood?

12 minutes ago, heero180 said:

hmn ... so a simple Acog can weigh more than 1 kg, is that what I understood?

where did you see any measuring value next to any mass values in game? be it Kgs, Gs, LBs etc? the value is 40 or 80 or whatever, how did you figure out it is in Kgs? 

edit- if i make a fishing rod and wanna make sure that only fits in very large backpacks due to the size, not the weight of it, will stick a large mass config value to it, same goes for any other object ingame.

9 minutes ago, PuFu said:

where did you see any measuring value next to any mass values in game? be it Kgs, Gs, LBs etc? the value is 40 or 80 or whatever, how did you figure out it is in Kgs? 

On here?

20180731085413_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, heero180 said:

On here?

That's ACE mod. They have their own system of weights and change things to match.

It's not an official standard from the base game

16 minutes ago, heero180 said:

On here?

you are running a mod that changes the system to their own, the vanilla behavior has nothing to do with any 3rd party mods...

ylA1r1C.png

EDIT: ninjaed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PuFu said:

you are running a mod that changes the system to their own, the vanilla behavior has nothing to do with any 3rd party mods...

ylA1r1C.png

EDIT: ninjaed

OK sorry!

I have a unusual, but unique suggestion for a new unit for Arma 3! The Atle soldiers from the Dinsey movie (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

This is the weapons the Atle soldiers used: Lee-Enfield SMLE (No.1 MkIII) and Vickers Mk.I machine gun.

This is the Atle soldiers common outfit, there are no other types of soldiers than these.

Atlantis_soldier.jpg

This is their how their mask and helmet with mounted flashlight looked like.

AtlantisMercenaries.jpg

This is a Atle soldier firing a truck-mounted Vickers Mk.I machine gun.

AtleMg.jpg.png

I'm not experienced with modding at all, but if someone find this interesting am i willing to provide all info about the Atle units available.

KAC QDSS/NT4 Suppressor that "attaches" with the front of the suppressor at the end of the barrel. essentially the idea is that the suppressor would clip through the normal barrel to emulate the look of a MK18 Mod 0. basic mockup below with suppressor made translucent to illustrate.
jUe31AE.jpg

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

KAC QDSS/NT4 Suppressor that "attaches" with the front of the suppressor at the end of the barrel. essentially the idea is that the suppressor would clip through the normal barrel to emulate the look of a MK18 Mod 0. basic mockup below with suppressor made translucent to illustrate.

Nope it doesn't , it attaches directly to the Muzzle Device in front - http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/foundry/image/?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%2F1525452451449-m38.jpg

it doesn't work like gate latch like on M110 and its long suppressor which does cover the barrel

1 hour ago, roberthammer said:

I don't think he's saying that it does. He's asking for a suppressor that will clip over the barrel in game to simulate the M4 having a short barrel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roberthammer said:

Nope it doesn't , it attaches directly to the Muzzle Device in front - http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/foundry/image/?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%2F1525452451449-m38.jpg

it doesn't work like gate latch like on M110 and its long suppressor which does cover the barrel

what @EloBandit said is correct. I am aware that the NT4/QDSS attaches at the end of the barrel, and not over it. I was just hoping to see something that would be able to simulate a 10.5 barrel on a 14.5 barrel M4, such as the RHS one. ideally, I'd just use a 10.5 inch barrel model, but none of the options out there compare to the RHS M4. the NIArms MK18 mod 0 comes close, but the sounds dont compare well with RHS sounds.

20 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

what @EloBandit said is correct. I am aware that the NT4/QDSS attaches at the end of the barrel, and not over it. I was just hoping to see something that would be able to simulate a 10.5 barrel on a 14.5 barrel M4, such as the RHS one. ideally, I'd just use a 10.5 inch barrel model, but none of the options out there compare to the RHS M4. the NIArms MK18 mod 0 comes close, but the sounds dont compare well with RHS sounds.

Use the official JSRS sound mod for NI Arms then. All the weapons sound much better. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuicideCommando said:

Use the official JSRS sound mod for NI Arms then. All the weapons sound much better. 

I've always been partial to dynasound, but I can give JSRS a try!

6 hours ago, SuicideCommando said:

Is there any released ArmA 3 mod that has the AN/PVS-21 nvg's in it?

not yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

not yet.

Actually, after some digging, it appears there are, just not released to the public. 

I looked at both Epoch and Ace for a lock/unlock mod that I can use in an existing mission that I play. My search really hasn't turned anything else up. If I want to use just the lock/unlock feature, can I use only that function from either mod, and if so, how? I really don't want to use the complete mod of Epoch or Ace. I am going to start using VComAi again and AI can steal unlocked vehicles. I thought I had used a stand alone mod that allowed me to do what I want but it eludes me.

Thanks

Well other than being in the wrong forum; why wouldn't you use the complete ACE mod for its functionality? The locking part is just a piece of the larger framework.