Jump to content
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Greensnack said:

all the bars are at zero/ minimum

I figured something must have gone wrong in my installation, or is it not finished yet?

 

It works as intended, the helmets of that era simply didn't have much protection. Please re-read eggbeasts reply.

 

 

1 hour ago, axtros said:

Hi Guys,

 

I'm new in Arma 3, and that's my problem is that I can't reach it the 'get in' waypoint (memory point or trigger point) on the (unsung) A-6 Intruder (and others). If I stand on a palette, or other smile object, then I visible the 'get in' plane trigger point. How can this problem be solved (without palette)? :)

Thanks!

 

It's a known issue that's been fixed already. One of the latest patches (I believe 1.68) somehow changed the getIn memory points radius and they only work now if placed flat on terrain. The A-6 (and other non Unsung planes) had the getIn memory point defined 50 cm to 1 m above ground, hence they stopped working.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eggbeast said:

the helmets do not have ballistic protection correct

thanks

Is this intentional? I'm asking because the weight bar is at the bottom as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://imgur.com/a/OOWyR

This kid (He's a kid alright, less than 15yr/old for sure) is literally arguing against a DMCA takedown request and is acting like what he did was 'official' and ok. How long before the mod gets remove? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah he's been DMCA'd and also reported for harassment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


My brain is literally hurting right now. How can someone be so stupid and ignorant over US Copyright law? 

 

EDIT: It's done, all workshop files he uploaded have been removed. I think he's workshop banned now. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh. Obviously it isn`t going to be up there "for a long long time". What an idiot. Guess he`s gotta have something to do while sitting on the potty, waiting for mummy to come and wipe his bottom.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically one of the groups he's in is full of his 'friends'. Clearly nothing but ignorant 14-year-olds. It's sad that those sort of people actually play arma and 'think' they're doing the community a 'service'. But alas, what's done is done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-5 at 4:03 AM, Cloby said:

 

Let it be known that some of his last words were:

"So the devs can cram what ever the **** they want up their asses... because they can not take it down... This mod will stay for a long long time"

To which shortly after the mod was removed, and the account was workshop banned. R.I.P. young mastermind, for you have high hopes for your future!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2017 at 8:11 PM, eggbeast said:

he fixed it pierre. it is the ultra settings that cause the memory crash.

 

great. but which parameter among the ultra preset triggers the memory crash?

Ultra_01T.jpg

Because I don't use a preset, I use a mix of High, very High and Ultra

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, CameronMcDonald said:

 

 

 

Could be the radio disabling PBO in ACE.

i think the radio disabling thing in ace only works on yourself, not ai in your squad. if you hit 5-5 for report status you wont hear your character saying "report in", but you will hear whatever reply from the AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, domokun said:

great. but which parameter among the ultra preset triggers the memory crash?

Ultra_01T.jpg

Because I don't use a preset, I use a mix of High, very High and Ultra

 

I just lower texture, object, and terrain quality from ultra to high, always seems to fix it.  I think its the terrain though, seems like turning that from normal to very high in game using the taw script, it will crash.  Only on da krong if i recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't get the mod to work, so what's the catch?

First, I downloaded it from Armaholic. I installed Unsung 3.1D (the patched version), just as I would install any other mod. I extracted the files from the .7z with WinRAR and activated it in the ArmA 3 launcher. I deactivated all other mods. No content shows up in the editor, or virtual arsenal, or in any game mode. I restarted - everything - game, launcher, steam, my computer. Still nothing works. I feel I must be overlooking some step, but what? I also do have APEX DLC, but no others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check your folder structure

arma 3\@unsung etc\addons\xxx.pbo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Barden said:

 

Let it be known that some of his last words were:

"So the devs can cram what ever the **** they want up their asses... because they can not take it down... This mod will stay for a long long time"

To which shortly after the mod was removed, and he account was workshop banned. R.I.P. young mastermind, for you have high hopes for your future!

Bravo! The more that oleaginous onanists like this get banned, the better for the community as a whole and modders in particular. I loathe parasites..

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017. 06. 04. at 10:12 AM, TeTeT said:

 

It works as intended, the helmets of that era simply didn't have much protection. Please re-read eggbeasts reply.

 

 

 

It's a known issue that's been fixed already. One of the latest patches (I believe 1.68) somehow changed the getIn memory points radius and they only work now if placed flat on terrain. The A-6 (and other non Unsung planes) had the getIn memory point defined 50 cm to 1 m above ground, hence they stopped working.

 

 

Thanks! But where can I download the latest patches (1.68)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys mind if I made a retexture mod for UNSUNG? including retextured uniforms/gear, etc. It would be a completely separate mod and credit would be given, I also wouldn't upload it to the Steam Workshop, according to your wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ethridge said:

Would you guys mind if I made a retexture mod for UNSUNG? including retextured uniforms/gear, etc. It would be a completely separate mod and credit would be given, I also wouldn't upload it to the Steam Workshop, according to your wishes.

Why do you need to do a re-texture mod? There is already a huge variety of uniforms and gear in the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Why do you need to do a re-texture mod? There is already a huge variety of uniforms and gear in the mod.

 

Personal preference of colors/camo patterns. Maybe some things that haven't made it into the mod, custom insignias and things. Possibly higher quality textures for certain items. Its not that I "need" to make a retexture mod, its that I would "like" to. For example, I would like to make a U.S. Army version of the USMC short sleeve uniform.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ethridge said:

Personal preference of colors/camo patterns. Maybe some things that haven't made it into the mod, custom insignias and things. Possibly higher quality textures for certain items. Its not that I "need" to a retexture mod, its that I would "like" to.

 

Well instead of creating your own re-texture mod, perhaps offer to help the Unsung mod to improve on their existing uniforms and gear. That way we will get some high quality items introduced and potentially some new items also.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if the team would like that, hence why I wanted to do a separate mod. If they would allow me to I would be happy to work with them. But as it goes, I would just like to do a retexture mod and the team is welcome to use any of my textures, if they wish to include them in UNSUNG itself. For example, I personally think I have some better "Tiger Stripe" patterns, not saying that the ones in the mod currently are bad, I just have some I personally prefer. Now the person who made said tiger stripe thats included in the mod, may not agree with me and take offense if I covered up their work. If its a separate mod, its completely optional.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ethridge said:

I'm not sure if the team would like that, hence why I wanted to do a separate mod. If they would allow me to I would be happy to work with them. But as it goes, I would just like to do a retexture mod and the team is welcome to use any of my textures, if they wish to include them in UNSUNG itself. For example, I personally think I have some better "Tiger Stripe" patterns, not saying that the ones in the mod currently are bad, I just have some I personally prefer. Now the person who made said tiger stripe thats included in the mod, may not agree with me and take offense if I covered up their work. If its a separate mod, its completely optional.

I can appreciate that, but why not ask? I know a lot of the textures of mod were made for Arma2 version so i am sure they would appreciate some help in updating it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×