Malden DLC discussion

Just replace paid DLC with free DLC

2424132-5a8.jpg

>Implying free DLC is a bad thing. :v

• Like 1

Nobody is complaining, we all can have different opinions. A 5€ price would actually be pretty fair for a proper 2035 Malden. In my opinion a 2035 Malden would keep the original shape and the old buidings, with new buildings around them as 50 years had passed. As far as vegetation it would be nice that the same tpe of original vegetation was to be used, up to Arma 3 standards of course, but the placement of vegetation (with the greater exception of forests and most trees) could change, since vegetation can change a lot during 50 years.

Now i don't want sound like an elitist, which i would hate, but i am (proudly) an OFP veteran. A 2035 Malden that would pay homage to the original OFP: Cold War Crisis game would bring great joy and Nostalgia to every OFP veteran like me. It is true that Malden is based on Lefkas in Greece, but i care more about the ArmAverse. I care about its legacy, about remembering the story and the characters, about stories that haven't been told yet.

No doubt the best way to play on Malden is the CUP mod right now, but i'm sure that some agree that Malden 2035 should be Malden 50 years after Malden 1985. And this means that the old Malden is still there but it has grown independently thanks to many who lost their lives in 1985. Fiction i know, but a beautiful homage on the 16th anniversary.

So yeah i would rather pay for a 2035 Malden where i can still relate to all the battles i fought there 16 years ago (in real life) or 50 years ago (in the ArmAverse) should i say.

• Like 7

It's free DLC, you have literally no right to complain either way, if the map offends you so much, don't play on it. You're really not grasping how time intensive building Arma 3 quality custom buildings and vegetation are.

• Like 3

It's free DLC, you have literally no right to complain either way, if the map offends you so much, don't play on it.

1 - Whether you like it or not people have the right to complain. We're human beings, it's in our nature to complain;

2 - What i wrote above does not apply in this case, i'm not complaining, just making a point;

3 - No matter how the map on Malden DLC will look, i can never be offended by it, it's just a map...on a video game..no reason to be offended;

4 - "To play it or not to play it" is a right i claim for myself. It's my business, not anyone elses...

Take a chill pill, and let's just respect everyone's opinions.

• Like 5

Women went away with the furnitures...

Or maybe Malden women were too slender, with only one body type and decided to leave Malden islands so that OFP wouldn't offend Anita Sarkeesian...

1 - Whether you like it or not people have the right to complain. We're human beings, it's in our nature to complain;

2 - What i wrote above does not apply in this case, i'm not complaining, just making a point;

3 - No matter how the map on Malden DLC will look, i can never be offended by it, it's just a map...on a video game..no reason to be offended;

4 - "To play it or not to play it" is a right i claim for myself. It's my business, not anyone elses...

Take a chill pill, and let's just respect everyone's opinions.

1. You're not paying for it, you're getting it for free, you have no right to complain about something a company is giving you for free.
  2. The point you're making, is that because you played the original Malden in 2001, Malden 2035 should be a recreation of Malden but 34 years later.
  3. I'm trying to explain to you that that's not possible because a large amount of custom assets would be required, for something that's being given away for nothing.
  4. And I personally don't care if you do play it or not. What I do care about is you criticizing something Bohemia is giving away because you feel you're being robbed of a nostalgia trip.

Let's not let this topic descend into an argument. It is designed for people do air their thoughts and feedback. Let's just keep calm.. ;)

• Like 6

It was mentioned in Argo section of the forums, they had used Altis buildings as placeholders. Which means and i hope that we will get buildings like the old OFP Malden but made upto Arma3 standards. 

Hi, 

I am here to clarify some stuff. I am not aware of anyone mentioning Altis buildings on Malden being placeholders, can you please pinpoint where this was mentioned?

Also it's not true, no new buildings are planned for Malden, so please be aware of that!

Thanks everyone :)

• Like 3

Hi, 

I am here to clarify some stuff. I am not aware of anyone mentioning Altis buildings on Malden being placeholders, can you please pinpoint where this was mentioned?

Also it's not true, no new buildings are planned for Malden, so please be aware of that!

If it is now the case that no new buildings will be added i feel this will damage the look of Malden as the architecture that was presented to us in OFP is significantly different to what you have implemented into a 2035 based Malden, i would have hoped and expected that you would have included some OFP like buildings (especially in real world scenarios is not like Churches are knocked down to change a city layout etc). As i and other members who started playing OFP, some with the OFP Demo (found on a CD on a PC Magazine!) would certainly like some nostalgic elements on the map otherwise how can it be Malden? I can appreciate it maybe the same island, same place names. But Malden with Altis buildings, in my opinion isn't unique.

• Like 9

so this "Malden" is final in terms of objects and houses? if so then that's a big disappointment  :wacko:

• Like 6

so this "Malden" is final in terms of objects and houses? if so then that's a big disappointment :wacko:

Haha only sir Robert of the Hammer could be disappointed with a free island. Does it have 1000mbs wifi? Nah I'm out :D

so this "Malden" is final in terms of objects and houses? if so then that's a big disappointment  :wacko:

it will probably change in term of design, some area of the map are not done yet, but devs said that they will re-use (Al+Stra)tis assets.

However I wonder if they will keep the alternative textures that are used on Argo for now (blue, pink, yellow variants of buildings).

Haha only sir Robert of the Hammer could be disappointed with a free island. Does it have 1000mbs wifi? Nah I'm out :D

Free or not that doesn't excuse recycling the Altis objects , you know

• Like 4

Free or not that doesn't excuse recycling the Altis objects , you know

It would probably not be free if they had to create new objects.

It would probably not be free if they had to create new objects.

I would rather pay to have that, a proper Malden instead of Generic Greek Island 2.0 that's called "Malden" in A3

• Like 8

I would rather pay to have that instead of Generic Greek Island 2.0 that's called "Malden" in A3

So act like they never announced it and like it will never be release. no one will force you to play it.

Jets/Tank/Orange project/Tac-ops have enough to keep you busy in term of speculations.

So act like they never announced it and like it will never be release. no one will force you to play it.

Jets/Tank/Orange project/Tac-ops have enough to keep you busy in term of speculations.

Why you telling me what i have to do? i have my right to criticize so keep that to yourself

• Like 3

Why you telling me what i have to do? i have my right to criticize so keep that to yourself

Im very disapointed also, but what can we do? We can write critics that will not be listened beacuse only argument used here "its for free". For free or not, this will require time, resources, people to maintain this island. We (Roadkill, Robert hammer) just want this island will be something new, with old climatic that everyone could feel, even when he didnt played OFP. It would be fantastic to discover old war stories all over the Malden 50 years later. Stratis and Altis extension is just what people can download FOR FREE right now from armachollic. Off course, there are remakes of MAlden in 1:1 with better textures, but there are not Malden 2035 - its very original idea, and we simply dont like to watch how its wasted.

• Like 4

I assume you didn't play OFP by you reaction? As you may not appreciate what Malden and the other OFP Islands mean to players.

• Like 6

I assume you didn't play OFP by you reaction? As you may not appreciate what Malden and the other OFP Islands mean to players.

Yeah, but for new players just joined arma , how to explain this..... Its like Tommy Vercedi (or whatever his name was)or Niko Bellic would appear in GTA V DLC for Free. Would you want him to be gay?

• Like 2

It's more an advice than an order. Sure you can complain, but I don't think that it will change anything other than devs' desire to try things. Think about the people who worked for months on Malden and who are now reading your reactions.

When someone make me a gift, I try not to complain if I don't like it.

It's more an advice than an order. Sure you can complain, but I don't think that it will change anything other than devs' desire to try things. Think about the people who worked for months on Malden and who are now reading your reactions.

When someone make me a gift, I try not to complain if I don't like it.

Mitrail, please read my post. Sorry for language, but if in gift you could get a sh*t, but nicely packed, you would be happy? Malden is symbollic, very much symbollic.

• Like 3

Is the Malden DLC just the island or can we get some story even if its a few episodes thats kinda tongue in cheek. Like CSAT invades the wrong island.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Sorry petkka/BIS but this has nothing with the original island...only the name and shape... and if you think this way to mark the anniversary would be a complete failure.

PS

Project Argo is TAC-OPS DLC right?

This is a problem with the BIS directors/managers since they don't explained the new/young colleagues what Malden and Everon mean to old OFP/Arma players :thumbsdown:

• Like 4

This is a problem with the BIS directors/managers since they don't explained the new/young colleagues what Malden and Everon mean to old OFP/Arma players :thumbsdown:

Actually new buildings and statues are being added for Malden. I took pics in Argo but I can't post them right now: on mobile.