1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

New Video overview for (The Szydlow Stalemate) mission:

Good video Gunter.  I've never played a Ragnorak mission, so I didn't know how sophisticated this game mode is.  When switching to SP, it reminds me of my Red Orchestra days (my favorite MP game).  My hat is off to you and Rydgier.   Wish I had more time to try all the cool stuff out there.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Most of the core scripting we have thanks to Mondkalb and his Window of Opportunity mission/framework. I've added mainly own opponent AI (both base building and commanding - adjusted Hetman) plus some camera tweaks, FPP mode and few other gimmicks and ported whole thing into Iron Front assets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks johnnyboy for the compliments!

RO was one of my main games back in its hayday btw, i lead a clan for almost 2yrs in 2007-2009 participated in RO League at the time, then turned

into a realism unit we had almost 30 members my unit had matches against other realism units alot,

we even participated in 2 realism campaigns one of them was The Theatre of Conflict

As far as Ragnarok'44 is concerned its a fun mission mode to play, and can be played on almost any map.

You can say Rydygier and with kju's help for the IFA3 port, and Mondkalb's blessing 🙂 made this possible!

I have an update for you guys as i promised 😉 see below:

Update

• New mission released!  Called:  Chateau Clash Download & video Overview/Playthorough linked in the OP.

Here is the Mission Overview/Playthrough:

I spent some time building and play testing this mission alot, i've beat it several times too,

i figured that instead of a 2-10min mission overview, i would do that and then play the mission, so thats what i did, mission is fun, but like all Ragnarok'44 missions

if you sit on your ass to long, the Soviets will overwhelm you with their numbers before you know it.

Lastly as said in my previous post i'm working on the mission i built in the (How to build your own Ragnarok'44 mission) basically doing some adjustments, and final setup,

and play testing ect,. plan to have that released sometime this week.

Any questions, thoughts, ideas for missions let me know. Cheers!

• Like 2

Update - New ideas/Plans

Hey guys, had an idea while at work the other night, and what i plan on doing is creating a playlist on my Utube channel

new playlist will be called Ragnarok'44 - Mission Builds & Playthorughs

So basically the idea is to record a video of me building a Ragnarok'44 mission on the fly, and then playing it, these missions

i will then make available for download (zip & workshop) and add it to the series.

Mission Winter Conversion

Another idea i had was to create missions for all the winter maps, however it would be more immersive if all the units, cars, tanks, ect,. were all in winter camo.

Looking through the unit scripts in Ragnarok'44 it seems fairly simple to swap units out for the winter camo ones, i will need to consult with @Rydygier to make sure i am doing this right.

Mission Desert Conversion

Might even consider doing the Afrika Korps type Desert theme missions too, if i can get the Winter aspect working, if so i will definitely do it, doing so will really

expand the types of missions for Ragnarok'44 that can be built and played.

New assets from IFA3?

I was also pondering the idea of somehow adding new assets from IFA3 that isn't already in the missions, things like new, cars, statics, tanks, etc,.

This all depends on alot of factors, whats involved, right now this is just some ideas i been looking at.

For now Missions are the primary focus.

Steam Workshop Mission Cover Pics

Last but not least, I think what i will be doing, at least for the Steam Workshop aspect is try to find WW2 art cover pics for each mission instead of just the banner's i been

using for each mission.i think cover pics, will give the missions some more attention to them, make them more appealing, and maybe some subtle

idea of what the mission is about if you know what i mean.

All for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Update - Mission Fixes/News

Been working on a Winter Conversion version demo mission all day with Rydygier, along the way solved some issues with the missions

the following is what today's update is:

• All missions on the OP updated to their latest version for Zip & Steam Workshop heres the changelog:

Changelog

• Fixed the Ragnarok logo as it was not appearing at the start of the mission.
  • Fixed Ragnarok music was not being heard, now starts when logo appears.
  • Fixed position of officer on the right at the beginning of mission as he was on the patio looking in (i thought he was out for a cigarette but that was not the case, lol)
  • (Baranow Crossroads mission) - Changed Strategic Point markers to flags.

In other Ragnarok news 😉

Ragnarok'44 Winter Conversion - WIP

As stated Rydygier and myself have been working on a winter conversion demo mission, learned some things along the way, currently for the most part

the demo mission is being converted to a winter theme as separate mission of course.

Currently still work in progress, but the mission i have is working but with a few bugs we are still trying to iron out.

Once we have everything working correctly i will be recording a video for the build & Play aspect for my channel. Stay tuned for this, coming soon!

On 2/8/2019 at 2:06 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Ragnarok'44 - Mission Builds & Playthorughs

This i will be starting after this post, lol as i spent my entire Sunday working on the Ragnarok Winter version, Rydygier's head's got to be spinning with all the pm's

we been sending back and forth, 😂

So this evening for me, i will be setting up to record 🎥 me building a new Ragnarok'44 mission, and then playing it, once its recorded,

and i've edited it, i will make the mission available on the workshop and zip, so stay tuned new mission on the way!  Cheers!

• Like 2

Update

Little update, well you guys can wait for the video to come out and see for yourselves, but i built a new mission, and then played it.

I got to tell you after all these years playing Ragnarok'44 in IFA2, and IFA3, i have never made such a difficult mission, i mean it was tricky.

At first things are going good, you capture some strategic points, and then you turn your back for a minute and the Soviets are capturing two SP's at once, 😲

they ended up owning the map for a bit, they had tanks and infantry all over, after about an hour and 30min of this i finally beat them! Phew, you guys want a challenge this is it!

Anyways i have to edit the video yet, so that may be a couple days yet as my work has me coming home late this week 🙄

but this week a new mission is coming, stay tuned!

• Like 2

Update - New mission release!

Hello Ragnarok'44 and Iron Front in Arma3 Fans!

I have a new mission for you, this is the first mission in my Build and Play Video series for my Utube Channel for Ragnarok'44

The new mission is called: Neaville Occupied

Heres the information behind the mission:

We start off building a mission on the Neaville (I44) Map, then playing it.

In this mission the Soviets Start almost in the center of Neaville, by the time you get enough forces to Neaville to capture any strategic points, the Soviets will

have a few SP's already captured. This mission is very challenging, acquiring SP's and holding them are crucial to winning for building your forces in this one.

Focus on building your infantry with 12 man squads, backed up with AT squads, once you can build tanks,

get them out and then focus on taking out the Soviet Base, and taking any SP's you haven't captured from there.

==========

Other notes:

Of all the Ragnarok'44 missions I have built including in IFA2, this mission next maybe 2 others is the hardest and or most

challenging mission i built and played, i still beat it but the Soviets put up a fight!

As for the video:

Download

You can find a link to download the Zip file (includes a pbo, and unpbo'd version)

and a link to Steam Workshop on the OP.

=============

Next new mission i will be starting this week!

Have fun and Cheers! 🙂

• Like 1

Update - New Winter Conversion Mission Release!

Hello Ragnarok'44 and Iron Front in Arma3 Fans!

I have a new mission for you, this is the 2nd mission in my Build and Play Video series for my Utube Channel for Ragnarok'44.

The new mission is called:  Blood Red Snow

This new mission was 3 weeks in the making, i had to learn how to convert regular IFA3 units to a winter in Ragnarok's coding and scripts, thanks to Rydygiers help.

Along the way i ran into a number of errors, things i had to adjust to make work and work better.

This mission is based on a book by Gunter Kochorrek which i own and read called Blood Red Snow (Memoirs of a German Soldier on the Eastern Front)

I highly recommend this book, its a very unreal read of a forbidden diary kept on a German Machine Gunner on the east front, this German soldier fought on the Russian steppe, Stalingrad, and many more areas i dont recall atm, lol

This guy was wounded 6 times!

The mission is not the exact replica nor can it be of whats in the book, basically the idea for this mission in particular is based on a battle that took place in a village held and occupied by the Germans.

The Russian infantry would invade in hordes of hundreds of soldiers, Her Kochorrek stated in the book (he was an Mg42 gunner in the war) that he would shoot into the horde

create a massive hole, which would soon fill up again with more soldiers, the Russian infantry were accompanied by tanks.

The story i found rather an insane read of the many details, but that was but one story in many in the book.

Heres the information behind the mission:

Blood Red Snow a new winter version of Ragnarok'44, this mission's idea is based on a book set on the Ostfront. In this mission the Soviets have the advantage where 6 Strategic Points

are within their reach, allowing them to capture them quickly and build their forces to staggering numbers.

The Germans are set behind a small village further south which contains 2 strategic points that you can easily capture, your going to be on the defense in this one, if you do not setup your defense

in a decent time the Soviets will overwhelm you with tanks and infantry, capture the strategic points close to you and eventually destroy your base winning the mission.

Video

Here is a video i recorded on the 4th, i couldn't finish the mission when i was recording it as it got to late and i had to get to bed, made a note at the end of the vid about that.

Video shows me building the mission, and then playing it, i made note before i was about to play that i made some further adjustments to the mission.

The video does not represent the released build of the mission as i added a couple more things to it before it was released.

Depending on your skill this mission is not meant for beginners to the series, you have been warned!

Heres the video:

The picture on the video is one from the book 😉

Download

Mission can be downloaded via zip, and its also on Steam Workshop, all listed on the OP (1st post of thread)!

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like that you have been inspired by a book. taking a good existing story as basis for your mission/tasks will surely help building up something good and immersive! 

Ps: I know you as a man of detail, hence I wanted to note that "Her" is written "Herr", in case this is meant to be the translation of "mister", fyi;) 

Cheers

VD

• Like 1

Thanks Vandeason for the compliments.

Yes Blood Red Snow was one of my favorite WW2 books among the few that i have, although not an accurate account by any means, the rough idea of the battle i read about is... somewhat depicted in the mission.

As for the Herr part, ya i knew that, my German is very rusty, back when i was studying German in my RO days 2005-2012, i was able to read, write, and speak a little bit of the language.

====

I have a new mission i will be starting sometime this week based on ... some scenarios from some of my favorite WW2 movies 😉

As for the latest mission Blood Red Snow

i have a small update:

v1.1 
=== 
- Fixed the sd.kfz.7aa winter not spawning from garage. 
- Fixed Sniper was not spawning with winter uniform. 
- Removed 1 two tank squad as it made the start of the mission very difficult to get far.

Download

Steam workshop has been updated with latest version and also on the OP a zip file of the latest

version (1.1) with a pbo and unpbo'd folder for the editor.

Last but not least, i want to thank @Rydygier for all his help, insights, support, in developing and learning the Ragnarok'44 code further,

i think without your guidance and support in this, i wouldn't have gotten as far as i did and am currently, i also never thought too that i'd stick with this as long as i did.

Thanks again! More missions to come! Got to get to bed 😒 as i have to go back to work tonight!

Any questions, problems with the new mission let me know. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update

Updated mission:  Blood Red Snow v1.2

Changelog:

v1.2
===
- Changed Soviet Classnames to their base names for the Mortar, & Antiair statics as there was no winter version, these 2 statics should now spawn if the Soviets decide to spawn them.

- Adjusted the positioning of the Soviet 61k Antiair static so it sits in the trench in the center and not floating.

- Fixed the Soviet AT Gun as it was buried halfway in its trench and could not aquire, nor shoot at any targets.

- Added a few squad, and tank trenches to the village in front of the German Hq.
- Adjusted fog, & wind a little.

Steam workshop and zip on the OP has been updated!

More updates coming soon!

i was planning on adding a snow script to the mission and tried,

but it would kill the performance so i adjusted the fog and wind accordingly. All for today!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

adding a snow script

Thank you very much Gunter for the update !

Here is a Script mod if you want to try with :

Just check the settings , because it's actually a compilation of scripts , it is possible also , to enable only what you want , the same for the mod version.

• Thanks 1

One thing: in Ragnarok lots in going on in free camera mode. Any snowing solution would need to be adapted, so particle sources would follow Ragnarok's camera, not only player character in incarnation mode. Also with snowing there's always (small, but still) problem when comes to rapid position changes, which happens often in Ragnarok. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Any snowing solution would need to be adapted

This is how my script works as well :

Spoiler

private _Pos = ATLtoASL positionCameraToWorld [0,0,0];   

• Like 2

Cool, that should solve camera problem. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks George, i will test it out and see how it works, my main concern aside what Rydygier pointed out was with performance, as after a while like about 2hrs into the game, depending on whats going on

Ragnarok likes to freeze on you some times, really depends on the mission.

Ragnarok Plans

The following things im currently working on for the series:

• Implementing/testing George's script, once i see it working and performs well, i will add it to Blood Red Snow mission.
  • I will be creating winter versions for all the missions in the series, and setting up the thread (OP) with its own section for Winter and Dak when i get to the DAK version.
  • Working on a new mission idea .... based off a movie 😉

All for today!

• Thanks 1

For the script ,  as i said check the settings and you will definitely need to disable the fog settings.

Feel free also to adapt this to your needs as you like !

Update

Update:    Blood Red Snow

Changelog:

v1.3 
=== 
- Added Snow Script, so now when your playing it will be snowing. 
- Added Breath Fog Script, its cold out and you can see your breath. 
- Adjusted weather a little to work with script.
- Added more vehicle, and tank wrecks.
- Added a few more trenches to the LenartWoice Village.
- Changed the HQ Building the Officers are at to a winter version.
- Changed the Starting German soldier to a Private 1st class which carries a G43 Semi rifle.
- Changed one of the starting tanks for the Soviets to a JS.

Credits:
======
- GEORGE FLOROS [GR] for Snow script, & Breath Fog Script
- Rydygier for adjustment in snow script in code, and support.

===========

Steam Workshop and zip updated on the OP.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Update - New mission

New mission:  Neaville Occupied Winter

This new mission was the original Neaville Occupied seen here:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1666645073

Now converted to a winter version, i have a video i put together, part of my Ragnarok'44 Build & Play series converting the mission, i play a little but its mainly an overview.

Check it out:

OP was updated with links for download with zip & Steam workshop!

More existing Ragnarok'44 winter conversion missions coming!

Stay Tuned!

Also want to thank Rydygier once again ....for his continued support, advice, tips, and information on code for Ragnarok'44!

Cheers my friend!  :drinking2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update - Mission Overhaul

Mission Overhauled: Blood Red Snow

Changelog:

v1.5
===
Mission Optimization
- Removed the Snow and Breath Fog scripts as they were lagging the mission, after an hour of play the mission was almost unplayable. (Sorry George mission is already super heavily scripted, i loved it regardless 😉

- Removed the code for Music, Radio, & Typing at the HQ to reduce cpu usage.

Note: with this adjustment, the mission runs fairly smooth, after about 3hrs of play the mission shows no sign of issues or performance loss.

Other Updates

- Reduced the size of the map icons for enemy squads & tanks as they were to big.
- Adjusted weather adding more wind and gusts.
- Swapped out double trench with squad trench on left of village.
- Adjusted positioning of the squad trenches on the right side of village.
- Adjusted the names of some of the strategic points.
- Adjusted the location of the German HQ, and moved it closer to the village.
- Added more wrecks.

- Built a new trench system that connects to each other in front and middle of the village including bunkers.

The trenches run from one end of the village to the other with a split in the middle for the road. (See video above).

============

Credits

Once again i must thank Rydygier for his support with code, insights, and advice and for taking the time

to look through the scripts to help me better optimize the mission!

Download

Is on the OP zip & Steam Workshop are available (zip has pbo & unpbo'd folder for editor).

More missions and updates to come! Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I hope that this thread isn´t dead yet. So lately i´ve been picking this mod up and came to the conclusion that the Camera is WAAAY too slow for me, and i wonder how to change it.

Hello. You can try to change it by editing mission scripts. If you're able and willing to do so...

Long time I didn't touch these scripts, but seems, relevant lines you can find in the MBG_WOO_F_InterfaceControl.sqf, in the function MBG_WOO_FUNC_MoveScreen. I suppose, namely these:

_step = (sqrt (MBG_WOO_Main_cam distance MBG_WOO_Main_cam_Center_POS))/3;
            if (_step < 1) then {_step = 1};

Try to make _step bigger. Like turn 3 into 2 or things like that. 

Hey Gunter and Rydygier.  Was there ever an uptodate non Iron Front version of Ragnarok (ie on Altis etc etc)?

AFAIK - no. I only know original Arma 2 WOO by @mondkalb, and this A2/A3 spin off variation. 

14 hours ago, kremator said:

Hey Gunter and Rydygier.  Was there ever an uptodate non Iron Front version of Ragnarok (ie on Altis etc etc)?

A non Iron Front version on Altis, no, as Rydygier said this is the only non IF version ----> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14922

which was for arma2oa, which is what Ragnarok'44 was created from initially for IFA2 then ported to Arma3 for IFA3.

If you want something like ragnarok but modern take a look at Arma Commander i believe that has an rts element

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1590156730

• Like 1