Variable.A

Arma 3 Science Fiction Map

My only issue with this map is the floating buildings, Kinda would prefer placing the floating buildings where we wanted in a mission. Especially if people wanted say a more natural feel and a "fresh discovery" vibe. or a horror vibe

If those aren't too numerous, it will be easy to hide them without breaking saves in SP. I'll provide a script once this gem is out.

@Varibale.A where did you get this huge cupula from? :)

I cant make buildings placeble just yet. There will be a lot to discover tho so dont worry :)

• Like 3

Really dig the "scientific outpost" vibe from those buildings... Man, I can see so much potential in just those few screenshots!

Keep at it; with all the sci-fi addons in the making out there, it's going to be a real pleasure to make scenarios for this terrain.

• Like 2

@Variable.A do you have an ETA of when this could be ready for public release?

Posts asking for release dates and such are considered spam as per the forums rules. I'm sure it will be some time with all the custom objects. 

• Like 4

Looks awesome but would be concerned about AI flying around that map. If the AI can navigate it without killing itself most of the time, I think it would be incredible.

Even better if those floating rocks moved around slowly.

Woah. Speechless. Never thought arma would be suitable for these kind of projects

Really? Check this out:

and thats from back in ofp :)

• Like 3

@Variable.A do you have an ETA of when this could be ready for public release?

I expect it to be ready within 2-3 weeks for first release.

I can see this map will offer plenty of applications :)

Looks good, haven't seen a detailed futuristic map for a while! Really digging the buildings, especially the ones in the water.

@Varible.A thanks just anxious to get my unit on some Colonial Operations because Lost dragons map is kinda.... Buggy... its awesome but I cant see it having the Imersion factor while its in production.

@Varible.A thanks just anxious to get my unit on some Colonial Operations because Lost dragons map is kinda.... Buggy... its awesome but I cant see it having the Imersion factor while its in production.

LoDr is a very ambitious project and the last update was a long time ago - be patient mate.

• Like 2

New Locations:

arma3_2016_09_12_22_15_29_44.jpg

I see No Man's Sky..... :ph34r: ^^

A better set of screenshots I've yet to see across these forums......Spectacular.

• Like 1

It's the first time I see this thread and the map is breathtaking! Great job, Variable.A! :)

I would love to see some big underwater structure with glass dome and docking platforms for submarines. It wouldn't probably be walkable inside unless you would be able to separate that structure from ambient water by some engine-wise trick. Using anti-water texture on glass dome won't be enough, I guess.

The last 2 sets of screenies are really amazing Variable.A

Pretty amazing stuff you have done here...

Will these custom structures have building positions configured within ?