Well, i've just checked and found nice and free effects on youtube

Well, i've just checked and found nice and free effects on youtube

I actually got the mask sound off youtube, there are plenty of sound bites that you can find there for sure :).

Small update for the night, fully tested gear checks from MOPP Level 1 (Mask only) to 3 (mask, vest and uniform on), worked well from what I could tell, the actual MOPP level designations are wrong as far as real military (US) goes (but hey, it's Arma). I will probably change the MOPP levels around to be at least decently realistic later, but for the moment that's what they are. 

That leaves me with turning on/off the detector as the player sees fit while playing and functionality persistence through respawn (probably something easy I'm just overlooking, but looked at it so much I don't feel like looking at it anymore), and then I'll probably put in place at least a single outer perimeter (just as a basis for future structure and implementation). And then after that I will compile something up, I may just release a private alpha to those of you that have kept up with this thread and made stuff for it, let you guys go in and try and break it, and send me some reports on bugs and necessary updates :D. The big thing I want though is large scale MP testing, cause there is some variable handling between server and client that I've never done before and have done some dedicated server testing, but with me as the only client :P.

• Like 2

Hadn't thought of it.....Would just need to find some free source sounds (like my mask sound).

See if this is ok..I already OGG converted them for you..I uploaded in my mediafire 4 files: from light to choking so you could adjust couching according to time/distance in the contaminated area. :P

light cough

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pts7ay0cbu8u7o8/light_cough.ogg

medium cough

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa91ciijwskec1m/medium_cough.ogg

heavy cough

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9bjf3fwcflhnbpl/whiny-cough.ogg

choking

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjnzdwhan71qkxm/choking.ogg

Well, I don't know exactly what I did, but respawn is working now.....I also put together a half-shit dialog that pops up when you hit your "Show Watch" action, so you can turn the detector on/off on a whim (will update to look better in the future), the rain effect is working nicely when it's raining on mission (so far as I can tell via SP editor testing).

Also found out I was being idiotic with the mod.cpp file, got all that working, Zarg your logo is looking good, aside from some rough edges on the outer perimeter of the overall shape (see below):

kwFcbhk.jpg

I'm going to mess with the outer-perimeter idea tonight, and I may end up PMing you all that have been here with a private alpha version for you to mess with. I will add further instructions within the PM as far as distribution and other such fun and exciting things go.

• Like 2

@Jshock:

...with the help of Ltf , there it is an inproved version,along with a white outer edge that will make it stand out better against the black background.

9_Gg_AOZ.png

kw_Fcbhk.jpg

or the one without outer ring..

9_Gg_AOZ.png

• Like 1

Another little idea, may be of some value, I'll let you decide.  :)

• Like 1

I like the concept, and I'm sure it works wonderfully in SP, but weather changes in MP have always been a pain in the ass for scripters, and with this mod in particular there would need to be a lot more communication between clients and the server in the sense that, once a client reaches the zone, message sent to server to update weather, server updates weather, sends messages to all other clients saying that the weather change is inbound, weather propagates, client leaves the area, same process but backwards. Not to mention that people could be going into/out and back into constantly, which is a lot of network traffic when your talking 30+ people. Unless I'm misundersranding your concept slightly.

Damn.....shot down in flames.  :lol: but yes, I was purely coming from a SP perspective, hadn't really thought about the terror it could bring to MP.....no worries, I more or less achieved a result that works for me, so all good.

• Like 1

Hey man, since I mostly like to play SP and I'm WIP on a mini campaign, (SP :P ) could you share that beautiful fog effect? It kinda remind me of a gas saturated area more than fog... ;)

Cheers man!

It kinda remind me of a gas saturated area more than fog...

^^ Got it in one man! :clap:......I'll PM you what I have, or at least how I achieved it later.....best not to clutter up the thread with unrelated info.

• Like 1

Oh, it can be related, modularity rememeber, I can add this effect with a SP only check on the code :D.

• Like 2

I like the concept, and I'm sure it works wonderfully in SP, but weather changes in MP have always been a pain in the ass for scripters, and with this mod in particular there would need to be a lot more communication between clients and the server in the sense that, once a client reaches the zone, message sent to server to update weather, server updates weather, sends messages to all other clients saying that the weather change is inbound, weather propagates, client leaves the area, same process but backwards. Not to mention that people could be going into/out and back into constantly, which is a lot of network traffic when your talking 30+ people. Unless I'm misundersranding your concept slightly.

You can change weather locally only, so that the fog effect is visible for players inside the trigger/area and not to the others.

The remoteExec script command is quite powerfull in that regard. ;)

You can change weather locally only, so that the fog effect is visible for players inside the trigger/area and not to the others.

The remoteExec script command is quite powerfull in that regard. ;)

Ah, but read the note on setFog: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFog

The server would overwrite client local value.

@zag, here is how I achieved the effect in the video...

Place a Contamination Area module down, for the purpose of this test "Area of Contamination" was set to 10m.

Then place the Environmental Effects module and set your desired effect......Now here is where I come in.... :P

Place a trigger directly over the Contamination Area module, trigger must have the same radius as the Contamination Area module......

wSjIUL6.jpg

Here are the trigger values.....

iaRpw2u.jpg

Lastly, for scenario continuity make sure your trigger On Deactivation value(in this case setFog 0.1) is the same as your mission weather settings(in this case 10%).....

tSFtLM4.jpg

This will make sure when you leave the trigger area the setFog effect will seamlessly blend back into your original weather settings.

Edit....oops, sorry for the big-ass pics.

• Like 1

Yes, my bad. Effects of this command are now global. :/

Yea, sadly I believe the only way to wholefully accomplish this without worrying about the locality is particle effects, in which I have no experience with, and I have had bad experiences as far as FPS goes when those are enabled.

@zag, here is how I achieved the effect in the video...

Place a Contamination Area module down, for the purpose of this test "Area of Contamination" was set to 10m.

Then place the Environmental Effects module and set your desired effect......Now here is where I come in.... :P

Place a trigger directly over the Contamination Area module, trigger must have the same radius as the Contamination Area module......

Here are the trigger values.....

Lastly, for scenario continuity make sure your trigger On Deactivation value(in this case setFog 0.1) is the same as your mission weather settings(in this case 10%).....

This will make sure when you leave the trigger area the setFog effect will seamlessly blend back into your original weather settings.

Edit....oops, sorry for the big-ass pics.

Simple..jet..effective!!!!

Thank you bro!

• Like 2

I also put together a half-shit dialog that pops up when you hit your "Show Watch" action, so you can turn the detector on/off on a whim (will update to look better in the future)

Would be happy to make something for you. Can check my recent topics to see what I've done. Post a pic of what you have so far if you're interested.

• Like 2

Would be happy to make something for you. Can check my recent topics to see what I've done. Post a pic of what you have so far if you're interested.

Hi, there Soolie, and yea I've seen your recent tablet script.

In a private conversation amongst a few of us these are the two possibilities that seem favorable:

DETECTOR_1.png

1366370075499_3

It would simply need to handle turning on/off the detector and maybe down the road a live "contamination" strength level (number/distance from focal point).

This is the shit I put together (quickly without much thought or effort):

gbYUesb.jpg

• Like 1

Threw something together. No functionality yet just a background. Got some extra buttons(dunno what they could do). Was thinking of covering button area with map control showing player location or maybe directional indicator. This would mean moving the power button somewhere else. Any thoughts on some text for next to your icon? Like the detectors model name or maybe just mod name. Pic in spoiler. @zagor64bc - Thanks for the sweet icon!

g3VJvAe.png

• Like 2

The text could be like: JSHK Contamination, LLC or some stupid businessy looking shit, lol. That thing looks awesome Soolie. And for this, let's keep it more to the point of the functionality of a "detector", it shouldn't be a GPS type device or really provide much of anything outside turning *beeping* on/off and possibly a detection strength/direction indicator. Unless that's what you meant Soolie, I just read what you put as a GPS like position of the player on a map :D. (You could leave some extra buttons for future functionality, if there can be any)