Just some ideas.. :D  :D  :D  :D

I like the look of them, only problem with them atm is, they need to be "square" 256x256, 512x512, etc., secondly, if the background was transparent, it would make it stand out much more :D.

See the bottom of this page.

I did try it with the middle one (resized it in MS Paint, lol), see below:

C7O7OmQ.jpg

And as far as the actually module that is placed, idk why it's just a black box, that's what I was getting before as well.....so.....

• Like 1

How about a filter duration system? Like the one in the metro series

Btw this is radioactive sign  :lol:

If you want to use I made one(with a nice looking skull mask that i found on the internet)

pEz2an.png

• Like 1

I like the look of them, only problem with them atm is, they need to be "square" 256x256, 512x512, etc., secondly, if the background was transparent, it would make it stand out much more :D.

See the bottom of this page.

I did try it with the middle one (resized it in MS Paint, lol), see below:

C7O7OmQ.jpg

And as far as the actually module that is placed, idk why it's just a black box, that's what I was getting before as well.....so.....

Mmmmm......the icon in the modules list on the right did show up...but not in the editor.....let me try to get the transparent background...and squared it up!(I'm such a fool..I thought that since the modules are exagonal..the icon MUST be of the same shape :P  :P  :P )

@Ltf: nice skull mask dude...can I use it?...BTW..initially I thought of using the biohazzard symbol myself..but then the MOD is about contaminated areas, NOT necessarily radioactive;could be bacteriological...or gas... but it's cool and I'll give it a try :D

@ jshock

hey man, this is the resized and squared up logos

one is just square:

contaminated_5.png

this is the one with transparent background

contaminated_2.png

b_hazard1332942637327.png

Hope it works for you man...

Mmmmm......the icon in the modules list on the right did show up...but not in the editor.....let me try to get the transparent background...and squared it up!(I'm such a fool..I thought that since the modules are exagonal..the icon MUST be of the same shape :P  :P  :P )

@Ltf: nice skull mask dude...can I use it?...BTW..initially I thought of using the biohazzard symbol myself..but then the MOD is about contaminated areas, NOT necessarily radioactive;could be bacteriological...or gas... 

Of course you can use it. And I think it should be biohazard symbol because this system is about poisonous gas. On video as long as he wears a gasmask nothing affects him, so he can walk around in normal clothes(no radioactive protection).

Of course you can use it. And I think it should be biohazard symbol because this system is about poisonous gas. On video as long as he wears a gasmask nothing affects him, so he can walk around in normal clothes(no radioactive protection).

On a second thought I think you're right..although the normal clothing are there just for a lack of proper gear models. I'm sure jsock intended this as "generally contaminated area" to address any mission maker fantasy.

Anyway, I edited my post and made one Bio myself..  :D   :D   :P

• Like 1

I'm sure jsock intended this as "generally contaminated area" to address any mission maker fantasy.

This. ^

And you have to realize, that video was made when I first put together this whole idea (pre-addon mind you), so yes, all I have on is a "gas mask", but that "mask" is a patrol cap, which wouldn't actually do much good...it was all 100% for testing and media purposes.

I'm trying my hardest to be generalized, at times it's difficult, but I could have an area "contaminated" with radiation, so I would need full body suit and mask, or maybe just a smoggy area, would need just a mask. That's the future concept for this, because if I keep it generalized, I save myself some workload in the future (at least with brainstorming) because I don't have to keep expanding on a vary narrow concept, but if this can handle anything from full blown nuclear radiation to a simple gas line breaking, the possibilities are plentiful.

With that said, like what was posted earlier here, I plan on implementing gear checks extending to the uniform and vest, and then possibly even allowing for mission makers to define specific loadouts for specific areas.

Side Note: Thanks for the icon updates, I'll mess with them later today :D.

Side note to my comments above: I am a scripter, no modeller, that's why I am asking for someone to do that for me, but it isn't required by any means, because with this general system I've got going you can run with any mods that have that type of gear and just define it within the module.

• Like 3

Well, I got Ltf's picture working, looks pretty good, both on the dropdown and on the module, but Zagor, I was still getting the same thing with yours for whatever reason...who knows I'm not photo expert...

NYoLphy.jpg

• Like 2

Is there scope for adding a first person overlay to visually simulate wearing a gas mask?

Of course there are mods out there that cater for this kind of immersion, LHM Glasses springs to mind, but having a visual overlay included in this project would eliminate the need for additional mods to round of the experience.

Those module icons look pretty neat.  :)

Is there scope for adding a first person overlay to visually simulate wearing a gas mask?

Of course there are mods out there that cater for this kind of immersion, LHM Glasses springs to mind, but having a visual overlay included in this project would eliminate the need for additional mods to round of the experience.

Those module icons look pretty neat.  :)

That was already on the internal list I've started ;).

• Like 1

Well, I got Ltf's picture working, looks pretty good, both on the dropdown and on the module, but Zagor, I was still getting the same thing with yours for whatever reason...who knows I'm not photo expert...

I'm not an expert either..just I like to mess around with paint software..LOL.I think it was because I saved it not completely square:now they all are 512X512.

Lft's logo look good to me,simple,clear and effective. Although helping in such a small way a "TOP" scripter like you would have been a source of pride, at my age I'm not suffering of any kind of "primadonna" syndrome :D  :D  :D  :D

b_hazard1332942637327.png

contaminated_2.png

Although helping in such a small way a "TOP" scripter like you would have been a source of pride

Though I'm happy you consider this to be fact, I suck in all honesty, I may understand somethings quicker than some, but I am in no way near the top of the totem poll in this community :).

Well, I can use one of yours for the logo of the mod (the thing that will show up in the bottom left of the main menu when you launch the game with it) :D. Or if you want to develop a logo specifically, with the name of the mod and everything, up to you :thumb:.

• Like 1

... but I am in no way near the top of the totem poll in this community :).

In my list, you are,man!

You don't have to use anything, unless you really like it. If you want me to trow in some more logos ideas, I'm humbling glad to help. ;)

ps: name of the mod is "contaminated area mod" or it's not "official" jet?  

ps: name of the mod is "contaminated area mod" or it's not "official" jet?  

For the time being just to get logo ideas/templates out there, Contamination Area Mod should be fine until something else more creative can be thought of.

• Like 1

Well, I've made progress on the mask overlay, I'm using the overlay from LHM Glasses for diving goggles (the mod Evil Organ linked), solely for concept testing and making sure I've got stuff working, I will not be using it once this mod is released. *See here*

But that leads to the next issue, I need this overlay made for me.....it's basically just a picture, but with the outline of a gas mask with the eye slots transparent, essentially....

The picture would need to be 1024x512, I would like to have two versions, one with the two eye slots and one with a panel type view port (no separation for the eyes), that way mission makers can define which overlay to use, based on the mod/gear they would be using.

So the one for the two eye slots would need to look like your're looking out of something like this: 

3gEvc4u.jpg

And the other like this:

2014-03-14_00003_zpsa48834bf.jpg

And if anyone asks....no the pictures depict none of my own content or media, simply found on a Google search for visualization purposes.

• Like 1

Got bored at 3:30am so here's a short video of the mask overlay in action :D:

Again, not my overlay, but for testing purposes.....I may end up asking LordHeart for permission to use it, but I think that may translate into me asking ACE (seeing how I'm almost certain they are using his mod in ACE), but we'll see, I've got a friend working on some possible overlays, don't know where that will end up.

• Like 1

How it looks? I can make it more or less transparent if you want.

aXEjVd.png

A transparent color on the back may look like effect

1NdYYA.png

Edit: Made one for the m50

VEYLzv.png

One for your second picture(I think the person who wears it wouldn't see any part of mask, for its very wide)

rE9VnB.png

• Like 3

A few ppeffects that could be used when player is inside the "zone".....coupled with the proposed overlays plus the sounds would make for a nice effect.

FXXUyjN.jpg

hqX5hLJ.jpg

Code for image 1...

PP_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
PP_chrom ppEffectEnable true;
PP_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-0.02,0,true];
PP_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_dynamic = ppEffectCreate ["DynamicBlur",500];
PP_dynamic ppEffectEnable true;
PP_dynamic ppEffectAdjust [0.03];
PP_dynamic ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_film = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2000];
PP_film ppEffectEnable true;
PP_film ppEffectAdjust [0.12,1.52,3.54,2,2,true];
PP_film ppEffectCommit 0;

Code for image 2...

PP_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
PP_chrom ppEffectEnable true;
PP_chrom ppEffectAdjust [-1,-1,true];
PP_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_dynamic ppEffectAdjust [0.41];
PP_film = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2000];
PP_film ppEffectEnable true;
PP_film ppEffectAdjust [1,4.5,4.08,2,2,true];
PP_film ppEffectCommit 0;

Rad Rain effect...

Code for Rad Rain...

PP_wetD = ppEffectCreate ["WetDistortion",300];
PP_wetD ppEffectEnable true;
PP_wetD ppEffectAdjust [-10,0,0.03,5,5,5,5,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,2,5,5];
PP_wetD ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_dynamic ppEffectAdjust [0.36];

If any of these are of use, i'm happy to add more if required.  :)

• Like 7

A few ppeffects that could be used when player is inside the "zone".....coupled with the proposed overlays plus the sounds would make for a nice effect.

These are very nice effects and he can use them in different situations. Like first one could be used with mask and second could be used without mask. Is second one drowning effect? Anyways its all up to jshock how to use them, but these effects looks awesome and makes me feel like playing stalker(especially the rain effect  :thumb:).

• Like 2

...Anyways its all up to jshock how to use them, but these effects looks awesome and makes me feel like playing stalker(especially the rain effect  :thumb:).

^THIS!!!!

• Like 2

Is it just me, or am I the only one who feels sorry for the goat in picutre #1 :p.

Funny business aside, those effects looks great, I will certainly be implementing them here in the next day or two (expect another video highlighting such).

@Lft: It's not up to me how I use them, it's up to the mission developer, as all I'm going to do is throw all these into an "Environmental Effects" module asking for which ones they want enabled/disabled, that my friend is the beauty of generic coding, less mental stress on me :D.

• Like 3

General Update: I keep screwing with "the cool stuff"....cause why not, but this is of course leading me away from releasing a workable public version (for SP and MP), but I do have a short list of what I would consider required components before considering release, but I'm sure I will either get side tracked with other stuff or that required list will grow but hopefully, if I can get some of these bugs worked out along with a couple of the extra features, I can release a public alpha/beta in the coming weeks.

General Update: I keep screwing with "the cool stuff"....cause why not, but this is of course leading me away from releasing a workable public version (for SP and MP), but I do have a short list of what I would consider required components before considering release, but I'm sure I will either get side tracked with other stuff or that required list will grow but hopefully, if I can get some of these bugs worked out along with a couple of the extra features, I can release a public alpha/beta in the coming weeks.

Take your time mate. I don't care if it takes months, because am sure it will be amazing