@The Villianous Organ, too bad the wet effect can't look good (or at least acceptable) without so much overcast, but I have a simple fix; wait for it to be raining in game to enact the effect ;). Will update later today.

Man, if you can pull that off that would be very,very cool.....

In the meantime here is a much more subtle version that works well in good weather.....looks almost like a shimmering heat haze effect.

PP_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
PP_chrom ppEffectEnable true;
PP_chrom ppEffectAdjust [0,-0.01,true];
PP_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_wetD = ppEffectCreate ["WetDistortion",300];
PP_wetD ppEffectEnable true;
PP_wetD ppEffectAdjust [-1.29,0.02,0.02,5,0.98,5,-2.48,-0.08,-0.08,0.02,-0.16,-0.15,0.04,0.2,0.2];
PP_wetD ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_film = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2000];
PP_film ppEffectEnable true;
PP_film ppEffectAdjust [1,2.47,1.58,2,2,true];
PP_film ppEffectCommit 0;

PP_chrom = ppEffectCreate ["ChromAberration",200];
PP_chrom ppEffectEnable true;
PP_chrom ppEffectAdjust [0,-0.01,true];
PP_chrom ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_wetD = ppEffectCreate ["WetDistortion",300];
PP_wetD ppEffectEnable true;
PP_wetD ppEffectAdjust [-1.29,0.02,0.02,5,0.98,5,-2.48,-0.08,-0.08,0.02,-0.16,-0.15,0.04,0.2,0.2];
PP_wetD ppEffectCommit 0;
PP_film = ppEffectCreate ["FilmGrain",2000];
PP_film ppEffectEnable true;
PP_film ppEffectAdjust [1,2.47,1.58,2,2,true];
PP_film ppEffectCommit 0; 

:)

• Like 2

Will update to "the haze" here in a while, FYI, with ppEffectCommit there is a alt syntax so you can commit a bunch of them at once instead of 2-4 commit lines as you have now (I've been condensing it on my end), not that this would be any sort of performance increase, but certainly reduces lines of code :).

• Like 1

Just watched that first video again....at the 15 second mark the heat haze effect makes that extremely dead goat look like it's breathing again!!  :lol:

• Like 1

Well, not too many updates tonight, the whole "end of week" exhaustion hit me like a damn brick....but anyways, got the new mask overlays in, looking better for sure (sorry no pics, too lazy and too tired), rain effect functionality is there.....untested....but there.....haze effect added, so far my favorite one, only issue I had was when I initially entered the zone the wetD looked like it did in my previous video, but then quickly went into the proper "haze" look, so I don't know what could be causing that, can post a video later date if needed. 

As far as public release, I'm still fiddling with respawn (I know, how could this be....), need to add some modularity to the gear checks that I forgot about, and I want to add an action/ability to the player to be able to turn off the detector without having to take it off (either via addAction, or I may build a small dialog that pops up to turn it off). These three things are what I consider to be the last things that need to be done prior to an alpha/beta public release. That is not to say the future plans list is much shorter, but I think the initial release of this should have sufficient functionality as to not make my work load go off the charts right at release, barring overlooked bugs or general errors. That is also not to say we can't expand on the current features as well during the process, but I'm trying my damndess not to produce more and more functionality without at least first getting it to a workable/releasable state.

And I've been trying to get this fking mod.cpp file working, but it does absolutely nothing....what do I do to make that work? Cause as far as my addon knowledge goes, I just put it in the addon directory (a3\@myAddon\mod.cpp), and it autodetects? I'm assuming that is wrong since it's not working....

@Jshock:

Hey man, just to keep it simple, and pay homage to the mod creator, what do you think of this for the "mod icon" ? :P

JSHOK_mod_icon.png

This is has completely transparent background...

JSHOc_K_mod_icon2.png

JSHOCK_mod_icon3.png

This has a white background just inside..

• Like 3

Omg, pay homage, now your making me feel old, lol.

They all look great, but I think the middle one works best to both relate it to me and the concept of the mod at hand. But honestly I would go for any of them, they're way better than anything I would ever make :thumb:.

• Like 2

@Jshock:

Hey man, just to keep it simple, and pay homage to the mod creator, what do you think of this for the "mod icon" ? :P

This is has completely transparent background...

This has a withe background just inside..

Damn!! These are great man. I love how you merged that skull mask with jshock's profile pic  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm glad you like them. Use whichever you feel to.

PS:If it's gonna be the middle one, let me know if you want me to fill the inside with a white/color background.... ;)

Damn!! These are great man. I love how you merged that skull mask with jshock's profile pic  :thumbsup:

Thank you man!!!  Actually I'm surprised how I didn't think of that before...hahahahaha

• Like 1

I'm glad you like them. Use whichever you feel to.

PS:If it's gonna be the middle one, let me know if you want me to fill the inside with a white/color background.... ;)

Well, I'm leaning middle, but honeslty I think leaving it the way it is, with a transparent background would be cool with me.

Well, I'm leaning middle, but honeslty I think leaving it the way it is, with a transparent background would be cool with me.

It may not be visible on modules menu

• Like 1

Just to mess with you....LOL..

JSHOc_K_mod_icon2.png

JSHOc_K_mod_icon6.png

JSHOc_K_mod_icon5.png

I PROMISE I'M NOT clustering this tread with pics anymore!! :P  :P  :P

This is going to be the main mod logo, top of the thread on release, and on the main menu of the game when people launch the mod, was not intending it to be a module icon :D.

• Like 1

This is going to be the main mod logo, top of the thread on release, and on the main menu of the game when people launch the mod, was not intending it to be a module icon :D.

That's what I meant.. didn't read the "module" part in Lft post.... in the bottom of the main menu page maybe transparent would blend in too much with the dark background. A little white/color will, IMHO, make it stand out a little more. But hey, it's your call. I'm already honored that you even considered to use it.. :P

Watched the video again in the OP and was curious how player damage is applied while in the "zone".

Will the defined "zones" have a point source or "hot spot" where exposure is strongest....something like an outer perimeter where player damage taken is slow and gradual, increasing as the player reaches the point source or "hot spot".

I have a similar idea for the ppeffects, making them more or less dynamic.....so the effect is subtle on the outer perimeter but increases as the player reaches the center point.

BxVXK7c.jpg?1

• Like 4

A little white/color will, IMHO, make it stand out a little more

How bout this, since it will be a while before I push the public release, you can post/PM any update of the logo you want, seeing how it's your art piece, do it the way you see it and send it to me for final approve, I'm honestly really easy when it comes to this shit, I don't have any expectations, that's why anything other than nothing is fine :D.

something like an outer perimeter where player damage taken is slow and gradual, increasing as the player reaches the point source or "hot spot".

A much more basic idea of that is already on my future plans list, I probably won't go much further than 3-4 perimeter zones (for first stab I probably will only have one extra perimeter), but range from 10m-150m or so in the future. User could then just set which perimeter the player could start taking damage, and then *insert math function here* to handle the partition of damage over the course of time in that particular perimeter as compared to that of a more inner-perimeter.

• Like 1

I had a few ideas about that as well and was putting together a test config and script example for you to try out.  Hopefully, I'll get it all running tomorrow, but it makes adding and defining the effects of any NBC compound easy.  No promises though as I've got lots of rubbish going on here at home!

I had a few ideas about that as well and was putting together a test config and script example for you to try out.  Hopefully, I'll get it all running tomorrow, but it makes adding and defining the effects of any NBC compound easy.  No promises though as I've got lots of rubbish going on here at home!

Extra ideas on how to get it done would be helpful, post when able Das :).

Here is a video with the M50 style overlay, and a look at the environmental effects (nothing that's overly new, just a video update :))

Put this on the OP as well.

• Like 2

The transition when entering the zone from the "standard" effect looks spectacular....^^

Have a few more effects that are ready, will post soon with some pics or a video. I'm really looking forward to this mod....more toys for the sandbox.  :)

The transition when entering the zone from the "standard" effect looks spectacular....^^

Have a few more effects that are ready, will post soon with some pics or a video. I'm really looking forward to this mod....more toys for the sandbox.  :)

Yea that transition is without an outer perimeter in place, I just changed the commit to 2 instead of 0 :D. Only issue is doing that when you leave the area.

Only issue is doing that when you leave the area.

Once you enter the "zone"....you never leave. :581:  

• Like 3

Any plans to add a sound effect to the player while inside zone, unprotected and taking damage.....an intermittent wheezing/spluttering or coughing perhaps.

Any plans to add a sound effect to the player while inside zone, unprotected and taking damage.....an intermittent wheezing/spluttering or coughing perhaps.

Hadn't thought of it, but easily implemented, I do have it for ACE that the player "wipes" his face at set intervals while he is exposed. Would just need to find some free source sounds (like my mask sound).