vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

1 hour ago, ASmallDinosaur said:

It happens at random points on the map, one place I can always reproduce it is just east of the northern most airport on Tanoa, on the beach.

Here's exactly what I did:

1. Make Independent/Blufor enemies.

2. Place a NATO squad, place a PLA squad, place yourself as a civilian on that beach I was talking about. 

3. You'll see the effects/glitch as bullets fly past you

Sorry I can't reproduce this.  I'm literally standing in the path of the bullets and not seeing it.  If you could be more specific as to what - exactly - you are placing on the map?  Sample mission perhaps?

40 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Sorry I can't reproduce this.  I'm literally standing in the path of the bullets and not seeing it.  If you could be more specific as to what - exactly - you are placing on the map?  Sample mission perhaps?

I can send you a sample mission tmrw, but it's just 1 CIV (Player), 1 NATO Squad, and 1 PLA Squad

7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

It certainly is NOT part of the VME PLA mod.  First I've ever heard of or seen that effect reported by anyone.

Can provide details about how to reproduce it?

I know, I was just pointing out that it could have been mistankenly loaded up along VME on  ASmallDinosaur.´s server.. but it seems that´s not the case... maybe something on VME configs or scripts are triggering these distortions that are part of the game hardcode (for those moments on the SP campaign when the player is knocked out or battle shacken)

No worries, that's why I need a repro.  Can't reproduce here implies a problem on that client.  But we'll see... hard to narrow it down by trial and error lol

• Like 1

Failing to load mission due to missing move "VME_magazine_functions".  I don't recall seeing that in the newest build.  Looked in the repository to see if that is nested somewhere and can't find it.  From where did you d/l the VME mod?  Recommend testing w/o that mod as it does not appear to be part of the latest VME build.

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Failing to load mission due to missing move "VME_magazine_functions".  I don't recall seeing that in the newest build.  Looked in the repository to see if that is nested somewhere and can't find it.  From where did you d/l the VME mod?  Recommend testing w/o that mod as it does not appear to be part of the latest VME build.

vme_magazine_functions.pbo is included in the Steam Workshop version of VME PLA, last updated Nov 19 2017.

I can repro it now.  Thanks for that mission!  My dev build does'nt have that PBO; neither does the repository so it may be deprecated or wrapped into another PBO now.  The presense of the magazine PBO has no difference; it happens regardless.

The fact you can move the soldiers 100m away and it stops happening implies this is a map location interaction issue.  I can't make it happen "every time" so no idea really what is going on.  It acts as if the "under water" visual effect is happening.  Something we'll be on the lookout for...

On 6/2/2018 at 3:53 AM, ASmallDinosaur said:

Found this graphical glitch which happens when PLA soldiers shoot in your direction, hard to explain so here's a image: 2fNpA4c.jpg

Is it supposed to be a suppression affect or something or is it just a bug? I have VMEPLA and CBA_A3 Loaded

I've been seeing this too, but I've also been seeing other shit that would make your head absolutely spin. I mean it looks trippier than something out of Antichamber. If I could reproduce it willingly I could make the most insane psychological survival horror mission anyone had ever seen.

I had the glitches like people were talking about, but then I walked past a street light. I looked at the streetlight for some reason and it began to morph. It was as if some sort of vortex or portal opened up there. It looked similar to the vortex anomaly from STALKER Shadow Of Chernobyl. The lamp post was the type that had 4 arms with a light at the end of each arm. The different arms of the lamp post started to morph into these long tentacle-like things which came towards my face and began to touch my player. When I walked away from it or didn't look at it it stopped. It looked like something that would be in a AAA SCP or Slenderman game.

That only happened once and I wasn't recording, but really wish I had been. I have no idea what caused it. The mission was just some generic PLA woodland vs Tanoan civilians that I gave guns and grenades to. I don't think anyone was even shooting at the time.

I've seen some other weird stuff too like what I can only describe as graphical artifacts.

The type 06 and type 15 vests have fairly high ballistic and explosive protection in arsenal but when moused over in inventory screen it says it has no armor, why is this?

Added working ERA through the tanks DLC ERA settings.  Update getting closer!

T99era.jpg

• Like 6

cheer up!I am Chinese. I am familiar with the equipment of the Chinese army. The equipment information provided is also timely. If you need to know, you can tell me that I am also looking forward to the better PLA module in the ARMA III. Unfortunately,I can't program...

On 7/7/2018 at 2:02 PM, 2900376281 said:

cheer up!I am Chinese. I am familiar with the equipment of the Chinese army. The equipment information provided is also timely. If you need to know, you can tell me that I am also looking forward to the better PLA module in the ARMA III. Unfortunately,I can't program...

Is the FHJ 84 rocket launcher widely used enough to warrant development on it, also do you have any videos of its operation? It's quite the interesting weapon.

Greetings gentlemen.

Glad to see development is ongoing through the BI forums. 

I'm a big fan of the mod and would love to see continued improvement, as I'm aware would many others.

Although only a fairly recent explorer of configs, I've been scripting Arma missions for quite some time and feel confident enough with the basics.

I would like to offer my support in the continued development of VME PLA.

I have a keen interest in military hardware, and I'm good at doing my research and collaborating with others to ensure I produce only high quality work.

Of course you may prefer not to have an extra man on the team, in which case I will fully understand.

Cheers

Law

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the config entry for sensitivity on your infantry units is too high.

Sensitivity defines how well the unit can see, and is logarithmic.

While NATO, AAF and CSAT riflemen have a sensitivity value of 1.75 across the board, a PLA rifleman has been given 3.

Furthermore, marksmen from the vanilla factions still have only 1.75 as sensitivity, because weapon optics are able to boost their 'sight', which is not considered in the sensitivity parameter.

A PLA marksman, however, has been given 3.3 sensitivity, on top of his better optics and higher powered ballistics.

I believe this is the reason that when playing against PLA AI I have been met with an unexpected and unrealistic level of lethality relative to other factions.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, lawman_actual said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the config entry for sensitivity on your infantry units is too high.

Sensitivity defines how well the unit can see, and is logarithmic.

While NATO, AAF and CSAT riflemen have a sensitivity value of 1.75 across the board, a PLA rifleman has been given 3.

Furthermore, marksmen from the vanilla factions still have only 1.75 as sensitivity, because weapon optics are able to boost their 'sight', which is not considered in the sensitivity parameter.

A PLA marksman, however, has been given 3.3 sensitivity, on top of his better optics and higher powered ballistics.

I believe this is the reason that when playing against PLA AI I have been met with an unexpected and unrealistic level of lethality relative to other factions.

@lawman_actual PM inbound to you sir.

To avoid any rumors, the mod is alive and well and the next update is even closer.  Unauthorized "hotfixes" aren't supported and are being addressed.  We apologize it has taken so long but Real Life happens... however please be patient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As requested, the hotfix has been removed. 

Thanks for the update hcpookie - it's good for rumors to be dispelled.

I hope I have not caused offence and would like to reiterate my offer to help.

The hotfix was only ever meant to be a temporary and clearly unofficial fix while we waited for the official update.

I guess my aim was to help people continue to enjoy the original mod until the next release.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Cheers, 

Law

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update there hcpookie!

Thanks all for your understanding.

Running QA vehicles etc. this weekend and will be uploading to the main repository for team write-off.

Progress so far...

FIX: SP AAA script lag issues
FIX: missing sound issues for helicopters
FIX: J-20 Phys-X landing gear issue
FIX: Fixed designation of Wing Loong-2 UAV to military designation "GJ-1"
FIX: Zeus compatibility settings for some units
FIX: SX-2190 issues with BIS randomization function
FIX: QLU-11 tripod recoil

FIX: Type 85 tripod optic view

FIX: New scripts for aircraft functions
FIX: Aircraft pylon config issues
FIX: Z-19 gunner getin/getout
FIX: Damage textures for vehicles:
 - ADS
 - ZBD family APC's

FIX: Broken PLA_Goggle config that prevented them from spawning

FIX: sensitivity settings adjusted for soldiers

FIX: Missing Chinese names

IMPROVED: Enabled 2nd PLA Rocket Forces camo pattern with random spawns

IMPROVED: Numerous 3D model fixes:
 - LD-2000, HQ-64, HQ-61 ADS
 - Z-18 heavy transport
 - WZ-10 (pilot seat placement)
 - Y9, KJ-200, KJ-500
 - PGZ-04 ADS
 - PGZ-07 ADS
 - ZBL-09, ZTL-11
 - ZBD-04, ZBD-08, AFT-11
 - ZBD-03

IMPROVED: Optimization of scripts for MP; editor spawning

IMPROVED: Type-22 engine sound conditions
IMPROVED: ZUBR engine sound conditions
IMPROVED: A-A Missile speeds all set to Real World published data

NEW: Faction selections for camo-specific editor groups for PLA-Desert, PLA-Navy, PLA-AF, PLA-Rocket Forces

NEW: QLU-11 Heavy Grenadier unit for all factions
NEW: Desert Pilot uniform and helmet
NEW: PLAN Marines SF unites in black uniforms
NEW: Desert textures for all land vehicles (found under PLA-Desert Faction in editor)
NEW: PLAN and PLAN-Marines textures for faction-appropriate land vehicles
NEW: ERA effects (Tanks DLC) for MBT's ZTZ-99; ZTZ-96A
NEW: ZTS-63 Amphibious tank (PLAN Marines)
NEW: ZBD-05 Amphibious APC (PLAN)
NEW: PHL-03 300mm truck-mounted MLRS
NEW: PZH-81 (Type 81) 122mm truck-mounted MLRS
NEW: PZH-10 122mm tracked MLRS
NEW: Type 85 MG high tripod model

NEW: QJY-88 MMG tripod models (high and low)
NEW: Desert, Forest, and PLAN faction static units:
 - QJZ-89 MG
 - Type 85 MG
 - QLU-11 GL
 - QLZ-04 GL
 - HJ-8 ATGM

- QJY-88 MMG

NEW: WZ-551 APC Family. Select units are available for Chinese UN / Police faction (*):
 - WZ-551 AFV * (30mm MG)
 - WZ-92A patrol * (12.7mm MG)
 - AFT-9 ATGM carrier (HJ-9 x4 ATGM)
 - Ambulance * (healing and First Aid Pack inventory)
 - Engineer * (with functions to repair, flip disabled vehicles, clear debris \ wreckage)
 - HQ * (with Commander periscope)
 - PTL-02 105mm SP gun
 - PLL-05 120mm SP mortar

NEW: PBX Zodiac raft w/ SF Diver units
NEW: PLZ-07; PLZ-07B 152mm SP Artillery
NEW: Y-20 heavy airlift transport plane

NEW: UAV Soldier for different factions

NEW: MEC (Multi-Environment Camo) aka "Multicam" Uniform selections

NEW: Uniform randomization w/option to disable

TO-DO

=======
 - Modify ZUBR engine sound conditions